Push Cart for Stand Bag

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Long story short, my Clicgear 3.0 works terribly with my stand bag. The bottom of the bag rubs against the front wheel and even with the Tour Bag adapter it's terrible.

Therefore I would love a push cart that eliminates this issue. I ws looking at the Bag Boy swivel model but would love some feedback.

My stand bag is a Callaway HyperLite 3.

Long story short, my Clicgear 3.0 works terribly with my stand bag. The bottom of the bag rubs against the front wheel and even with the Tour Bag adapter it's terrible.

Therefore I would love a push cart that eliminates this issue. I ws looking at the Bag Boy swivel model but would love some feedback.

My stand bag is a Callaway HyperLite 3.

Here is my setup, and it is working really well. The Triswivel rolled really well and should fit a stand bag well but I found that it doesn't have the same build quality of a the Clicgear. It does have the best console I have seen.

Clicgear 8.0 w/Cozy attachment

https://www.golfdiscount.com/clicgear-bag-cozy

I bought mine on this site a while ago for $8.99 so might be able to find it cheaper if you google around a bit. Not sure how often you will use it, but for me I have almost 2 years on mine and probably close to 100 rounds so it has been well worth it for me.

Big Maxx Quattro

CaddyTek EZ 3 wheel. Had mine over 3 years, walk about 40 rounds/season, durable, designed to specifically work great with stand bags and easily $100 cheaper than Clicgear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdgqjIMGtME

I second the Caddytek EZ 3 wheel. I got mine at Costco and used it everyday over the summer with a standbag that weighed over 30 lbs. Never once did I experience any rubbing on the front wheel. At $120 bucks with the Costco return policy it's near impossible to beat.

CaddyTek EZ 3 wheel. Had mine over 3 years, walk about 40 rounds/season, durable, designed to specifically work great with stand bags and easily $100 cheaper than Clicgear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdgqjIMGtME

One vote for Bag Boy Quad XL. Special "Top-Lok" technology specifically designed for stand bags. See if you can find one locally to test fit.
2016_web-images-1000x1000_quad-xl_matte-blk-silver.jpg

I would also recommend taking a look at the Rovic carts.

I've had a Caddytek 3 wheel cart for at least 5 years and it just keeps going. My model has pretty crappy storage but it looks like that's fixed on the new ones. This thing refuses to die.

I had the same issue with my Sun Mountain 4.5 and my ClicGear. I just got rid of the bag and kept the cart. :)
Works great with my Ping Hoofer though. Wish they would fix it to work well with all bags.

I had the same issue with my Ben Hogan bag. Combine that issue with clubs getting tangled all the time and I decided to move to a C130S and stick with the Clicgear.

I have a bag boy tro-wheel swivel and have used an sm three5, the taylormade flex tech and the new titleist 5 way with it and have a buddy who has used an older Nike cart bag and neither have had issues. All the bags sit well and no issues of rubbing. The three5 did have a tendency to rotate a little during the round but not enough that bothered me

I️ love my swivel. Only thing I️ don’t like is the storage compartment but they did better in that area with the swivel 2.
It is very easy to push. The lock is in a good place and switching the swivel wheel on/off is very easy/functional when needing to do so. I️ have had it for about 2 years or so I️ think and it has held up great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CaddeyTek push carts are designed to be able to hold stand bags.

I have a Caddytek from Costco. It works great with my Cally Big Bertha stand bag.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with my Ben Hogan bag. Combine that issue with clubs getting tangled all the time and I decided to move to a C130S and stick with the Clicgear.

This is what I ultimately went with as well.

I’ve got one of the older sun mountain carts and it’s been fantastic with two different Callaway stand bags.

Here is my setup, and it is working really well. The Triswivel rolled really well and should fit a stand bag well but I found that it doesn't have the same build quality of a the Clicgear. It does have the best console I have seen.

Clicgear 8.0 w/Cozy attachment

https://www.golfdiscount.com/clicgear-bag-cozy

I bought mine on this site a while ago for $8.99 so might be able to find it cheaper if you google around a bit. Not sure how often you will use it, but for me I have almost 2 years on mine and probably close to 100 rounds so it has been well worth it for me.

I've used that accessory as well, also my pro ordered me up a bracket that put on the bottom that raised the bottom of the bag off the wheel area as well.

Does anyone use electric carts in the US?

I think I’ve seen 2 in use in the last decade. Not that I’m a definitive source, but they don’t seem to be all that popular here. With the prevalence of riding carts the expense for one of the electric carts just isn’t worth it for most people I think. They’re a good idea and if more courses were walking only I think more people would buy them.

I think I’ve seen 2 in use in the last decade. Not that I’m a definitive source, but they don’t seem to be all that popular here. With the prevalence of riding carts the expense for one of the electric carts just isn’t worth it for most people I think. They’re a good idea and if more courses were walking only I think more people would buy them.

Fair point, in the UK ride on carts are not all that popular due to the extra cost after a green fee. Electric trolleys are more popular than carrying a bag now, you rarely see a manual trolley.

Fair point, in the UK ride on carts are not all that popular due to the extra cost after a green fee. Electric trolleys are more popular than carrying a bag now, you rarely see a manual trolley.

Interesting. Different culture I’d suppose, riding carts are an extra expense here as well but it’s much more common to see people riding than walking. Partially I think that’s due to many of courses being designed with lots of elevation changes, and being difficult to walk.

I️ was going to say, with the cost of the electric push carts, there’s no real reason to have one. Push carts are good but there’s a lot of places that don’t allow walking so the expense for casual walking every now and then doesn’t make it worth it.

I am making wide assumptions here but the terrain on US courses is a bit more extreme then the layouts across the pond so electric trolleys arent as easy to use here in some instances.

Back