Updating to a Seemore... A few ?'s

Buckeyeduffer

Reaction score
Handicap
Work
A little background first.

I have typically averaged about 34 putts per round. My regular playing partner always touts my putting based on how well I roll the ball. I don't make a ton of 15' plus putts, but have been very good inside of about 8'. I also know that my lowest putting rounds have been more a result of missing greens and chipping close. In short I know I can get better. For the past 5 years I have been plodding along consistently with my old Odyssey White Ice #1 until earlier this year when I built up the nerve to try a new stick. I spent the better part of this season working a Cure CX2. My lags got better, my short putts got much worse, and I just couldn't make it work. Back to the old standby I went along with continued discontent with my putting.

I would consider my stroke more of a SBST, but I'm aware that there is some amount of arc there. I tend have use a short backstroke and control distance with my follow through. I've spent the later part of the season not feeling confident or consistent when I set up to putt.

For a few years I've had my eyes on Seemore. I fit myself online and picked up a barely used Si3 that matches their recommendations for me. For those of you that have gone this route, what are some of the best tips and advice you can offer for what I am about to experience?

Thanks in advance

A little background first.

I have typically averaged about 34 putts per round. My regular playing partner always touts my putting based on how well I roll the ball. I don't make a ton of 15' plus putts, but have been very good inside of about 8'. I also know that my lowest putting rounds have been more a result of missing greens and chipping close. In short I know I can get better. For the past 5 years I have been plodding along consistently with my old Odyssey White Ice #1 until earlier this year when I built up the nerve to try a new stick. I spent the better part of this season working a Cure CX2. My lags got better, my short putts got much worse, and I just couldn't make it work. Back to the old standby I went along with continued discontent with my putting.

I would consider my stroke more of a SBST, but I'm aware that there is some amount of arc there. I tend have use a short backstroke and control distance with my follow through. I've spent the later part of the season not feeling confident or consistent when I set up to putt.

For a few years I've had my eyes on Seemore. I fit myself online and picked up a barely used Si3 that matches their recommendations for me. For those of you that have gone this route, what are some of the best tips and advice you can offer for what I am about to experience?

Thanks in advance

Where in Ohio are you located?

Between Cleveland and Akron.

I’ve taken lessons at the Windmill Golf Center. They are top notch.

For those of you that have gone this route, what are some of the best tips and advice you can offer for what I am about to experience?
RST works. There can be an adjustment to center shafted putters (that's why I don't game one any longer). SeeMore's customer service is superb.

Give Trent a call or email.

Trent Maxwell - 1511 E Aurora Rd Macedonia, OH 44056 330-467-6425
https://windmillgolfcenter.com/
trentmaxwell@windmillgolfcenter.com

This will be a great starting point or you are always more than happy to give us a call at 615-435-8015 or email info@seemore.com.

I would definitely do this first. Taking an SPi lesson will make a huge difference & you'll get so much more out of whatever SeeMore you pick. Plus, these guys are really good at fitting you to your optimal putter.

RST works. There can be an adjustment to center shafted putters (that's why I don't game one any longer). SeeMore's customer service is superb.

I've not spent too much time other than messing around at GG with much other than a plumbers neck with the exception of the Cure which was offset. It never bothered me. Can you tell me what you had to adjust to with the CS?

It's just personal preference, I guess. I. Didn't dislike my SeeMore but when I picked up a traditional shafted putter it was like "aaahhhh, back to normal."

It's just personal preference, I guess. I. Didn't dislike my SeeMore but when I picked up a traditional shafted putter it was like "aaahhhh, back to normal."
And funnily enough that's my reaction every time I go BACK to a CS putter. Lol

So, I've read all the info and watched all the videos detailing posture, grip, and swing. Plus a few years back I did spend a little time with an SPi instructor learning the principals, but wasn't in the market for a change at the time. I will be interested to see where my current putting setup stands compared to the SPi principals once it arrives. I guess my questions for those that have made the switch are this:

What things did you struggle with or took some time to adjust to through the process?

Where there any "light bulb" moments through the process that may be helpful?

So, I've read all the info and watched all the videos detailing posture, grip, and swing. Plus a few years back I did spend a little time with an SPi instructor learning the principals, but wasn't in the market for a change at the time. I will be interested to see where my current putting setup stands compared to the SPi principals once it arrives. I guess my questions for those that have made the switch are this:

What things did you struggle with or took some time to adjust to through the process?

Where there any "light bulb" moments through the process that may be helpful?

I think most, if not all my light bulb moments had more to do with buying into the SPi method vs the putter itself. Using a plane board to get some muscle memory going and paying attention to the length of my stroke as well as the rhythm was huge. Having a consistent pre shot routine also made a huge difference.

I've played my first round with the Si3. 36 was the number. I don't consider it too bad for a number of reasons. 1st live round with it and a modified stroke to follow SPi, late season conditions and 40 degrees, and hit a number of large greens away from the hole.

My take away is that this might just be what I needed with a little more work. When I stroked it the way SPi teaches I just plain hit every put exactly where I lined up. Even when my old stroke crept in a little the ball rolled smoothly. The few 3 putts I had were down hill breakers and slippery while still adjusting to pace.

I like this thing A LOT! My playing partner who is just bidding his time before purchasing an O Works for next season is now considering a Seemore after seeing me putt with it and knowing I'm just getting started with it.

That's great! RST works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played my first round with the Si3. 36 was the number. I don't consider it too bad for a number of reasons. 1st live round with it and a modified stroke to follow SPi, late season conditions and 40 degrees, and hit a number of large greens away from the hole.

My take away is that this might just be what I needed with a little more work. When I stroked it the way SPi teaches I just plain hit every put exactly where I lined up. Even when my old stroke crept in a little the ball rolled smoothly. The few 3 putts I had were down hill breakers and slippery while still adjusting to pace.

I like this thing A LOT! My playing partner who is just bidding his time before purchasing an O Works for next season is now considering a Seemore after seeing me putt with it and knowing I'm just getting started with it.

Great to hear! Keep up the great work. This putter makes you feel like you played yesterday. You will remember everything from your last round just by "hiding the red dot". Solid!!

Back