G400, M2 or Great Big Bertha Epic Star?

lanoxrehab

Reaction score
Handicap
I got a deal from a friend. He is turning in his Irons he bought at Edwin Watts store. He said he will get $420, but this store won't give him a gift card, he has to spend it on something in the store right then. We are not sure if this is true. I am giving him $260 and meeting him at the store. If he gets a store credit, then all is good and I can take my time with buying the driver I want. If not I have to make my decision right then.

The contenders: G 400, M2, Epic Star.

I hit my Ping G 30 average 190 yards, consistently in the fairway. Long drive is 215 and short drive is 175. With a bad back, I have a swing speed of 82. I use a senior flex 12 degree driver.

Would like to get THP'ers thoughts. If I go with the Epic, it is $699, The other two are $399.

G400. Nuf said. Check out the Ping G400 thread.

Last edited:
G400 easily. Great driver and way cheaper.

At that swing speed, I'd hit the Epic Star in the store and then decide. That is a $450 shaft in the Epic that is made for swings at your speed. I have that Grand Bassara 39 in R flex in my normal Epic, and I swing about 90-92 and it is sweet with a nice kick - very stable shaft for 43g. They've also lightened up the head since it is a bonded head (glued head to shaft). The Star is meant for golfers at your swing speed.

I have both the Epic and G400 - the Epic is a bit more consistent for me. Firmer feel than the G400. Hit both if you can.

Also, try the G400 SFT. A little lighter swingweight, promotes draw.

Back