Cobra F-Max Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Good read James as always. This looks to be a solid GI/SGI offering from Cobra.

I dont have a ton I can say as I think I only hit it 3 times, but a few things that stood out.

1. It is definitely "light weight" as advertised.
2. I saw solid distance as I would expect.
3. It certainly does launch high which was a sight for sore eyes (especially with how I was driving the ball that weekend)

Really really great review here James. It's surprising (but awesome to see) an OEM focus on what many amateurs struggle with and having the balls to offer a driver with both a larger grip and offset.

I do fear that it would take a fitting to get a consumer into this one, I say that only because most are used to having adjust-ability and they may feel they are losing something by having a fixed hosel or that it's an inferior offering.

With all that said, I would love to try this or the straight neck on the course. I like making golf easier and the straight forward approach of this one is very appealing.

Great review. I might be heading to my Golf Store to try.

Outstanding review. Never read a better one!!! This driver will definitely be on my check out list!! Thanks for the efforts!!

Pretty solid looking driver. I’ll have to give this a few swings next week.

Pretty solid looking driver. I’ll have to give this a few swings next week.

Outstanding review. Never read a better one!!! This driver will definitely be on my check out list!! Thanks for the efforts!!

Really appreciate the kind words!

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment everyone! It means a ton!

Love that color scheme!

I'm not a big gold fan, but they did good.
I can't say I am either, never liked it in the apple devices, etc. But I really like the simplistic look to the color scheme on this one, and really think the gold is a nice accent on it.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read this one, I know it's not the type of club most of us on the internet want to lean towards because of ego, but its the type that a ton of people could benefit from.

Nice write-up James - I feel like I discount this club for the segment that it fits, but a fitting pairing this head with a shaft that works for me might actually be pretty beneficial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to try and get my dad to try this. He sounds like the perfect player for this.

I actually like lower swingweight in drivers. Curious about the raw head weight. Too much spin for me probably but I imagine it will work well for some players. Also won't have the sticker shock to newer golfers you find with most new drivers.

side note last sentence you accidentally have taylormade written instead of cobra

I actually like lower swingweight in drivers. Curious about the raw head weight. Too much spin for me probably but I imagine it will work well for some players. Also won't have the sticker shock to newer golfers you find with most new drivers.

side note last sentence you accidentally have taylormade written instead of cobra
If it wasn't a fixed head, I'd weigh it for you. Haha

Good catch, no clue what happened with that or where my mind was.

my Fly-Z XL head was right around 200g, stock SW spec was D3 w/ 55g shaft

so F-Max should be similar, subtract grams for increasing loft to bring SW down

my Fly-Z XL head was right around 200g, stock SW spec was D3 w/ 55g shaft

so F-Max should be similar, subtract grams for increasing loft to bring SW down

Isn't the lower SW mostly from the heavier grip?(assuming it is heavier)

If it wasn't a fixed head, I'd weigh it for you. Haha

Good catch, no clue what happened with that or where my mind was.

Yeah I was mostly curious is the drop in SW all from lack of adapter and heavier grip or if it was truly a sub 190 gram head

midsize grip would be offset by an additional 4g added to the head to maintain SW vs a standard grip

fwiw my f6+ w/ screw (no adapter, cobra adapter is 7g) weighs the same as my fly-z xl

Back