4 Club Tournament

kevin81002

Fore Right!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Who knows
So this Saturday is my club's 4 club tourney, and I'm still on the fence about what clubs to use. Maybe some unpit from you guys will help me decide.

A little about the course...

Par 71, roughly 6200yds
Par3 distances are 160, 175, 130, 170, 140 (roughly)
Avg par 4 is pretty short, but there are 2 of them that are in the 440yd range.
All 4 par5's are gettable in two, but one of them doglegs hard left about 240yds out with OB on both sides of the dogleg.
url

url

Thanks for any input given! :D

url
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...aw2lwuP9D8aGU1J9aSAG9dgr&ust=1510149439169101

I'd say putter, 50*, 5i/6i whichever you're more comfortable with, and your 3w/5w.

5W, 7i, 50* wedge, Putter

I'd say putter, 50*, 5i/6i whichever you're more comfortable with, and your 3w/5w.

I think considering my length, I might be better off with a higher lofted iron in the bag rather than a 5/6i. But the rest of what you suggested is pretty much what I'm thinking.

For me I could reach the longer par 3’s with a 7 iron. I’d go 3 wood, 7 iron, gap wedge and putter. I’d have to see the length of the par 4’s to know if a PW might be a better option over the GW.

For me I could reach the longer par 3’s with a 7 iron. I wood play 3 wood, 7 iron, gap wedge and putter. I’d have to see the length of the par 4’s to know if a PW might be a better option over the GW.

3w or hybrid, 7 or 8 iron, wedge of your choice, putter

For me I could reach the longer par 3’s with a 7 iron. I’d go 3 wood, 7 iron, gap wedge and putter. I’d have to see the length of the par 4’s to know if a PW might be a better option over the GW.

A few of them have some trouble spots. But at 3w-5w length, they're pretty open.

A few of them have some trouble spots. But at 3w-5w length, they're pretty open.

All but the 400+ yard ones would be reachable with my GW so I stay with 3W, 7 iron, GW, and putter.

3w, 7i, 56*, Putter

I’d take driver and putter only to establish dominance.

For me personally I would go Driver 7iron 56* and putter.

4w, 7 and 54 and a putter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3W, 7i, 50* and putter

For me personally I would go Driver 7iron 56* and putter.

Driver isn't really an option. Half the holes I wouldn't use driver on if I had all 14 clubs in the bag.

I play in one of these almost every year and have had some success. I usually opt fo 3 wood, 7 iron, sand wedge, and putter. I found maybe the most important variable is wind and how it will affect the par 3's so definitely take that into account. Have fun and practice to qtr, half, and 3 qtr shots.

I play in one of these almost every year and have had some success. I usually opt fo 3 wood, 7 iron, sand wedge, and putter. I found maybe the most important variable is wind and how it will affect the par 3's so definitely take that into account. Have fun and practice to qtr, half, and 3 qtr shots.

Yeah I've thought about that. The only par 3 that is really affected by the wind id #16, which plays dead in to the wind. For the most part, I'm usually hitting 7i-8i depending on how much wind, so either club would be good there. The only problem par 3 would be #9, which plays anywhere from 175-215 depending on where they stick the tee markers. I can muscle a 7i to it to about 195ish. if it's playing longer than that, I'll have to play it as a 2 shot green.

Well, you hit your hybrid as long as some drivers so I'd say: Hybrid, 7 iron, 56 and a putter.

If it was me: 1 iron, 6 iron, PW and a putter

Well, you hit your hybrid as long as some drivers so I'd say: Hybrid, 7 iron, 56 and a putter.

If it was me: 1 iron, 6 iron, PW and a putter
Problem with hybrid is even if I hit it 230ish, that leaves me with 200+ in to the two longer par 4's. I did think about it though because of the dogleg left par 5. Normally I'd hit hybrid there to keep the ball in play. But I can try to draw a 3 or 5w around the corner.

Problem with hybrid is even if I hit it 230ish, that leaves me with 200+ in to the two longer par 4's. I did think about it though because of the dogleg left par 5. Normally I'd hit hybrid there to keep the ball in play. But I can try to draw a 3 or 5w around the corner.

New idea: 3w, hybrid, 7 iron and 56. No putter. Hahahaha
Sometimes I putt with my wedge or a 3w and it works...

Driver
8 Iron
Putter.

225 club, 170 club, 120 club, putter.

That’s my basic 4 club setup and works out well, I can play my 170 club from 130-185 pretty easy. My 120 club can play anything 130 and in. 225 club off the tee can get out 240+ if fairways flat.

Putter does putter things :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back