Loose at adapter/ferrule

Gilbertc13

Mizuno Staffer
Reaction score
Handicap
So my new piece of rebar (graffaloy blue) went into my driver today. Shaft was made up for me yesterday morning around 11:30. I took it out onto the course today and noticed I could grab the head of the club and the grip and spin the head. Not super loose but enough to be noticeable. Is there a way to re-epoxy this easily without a vice and pulling the shaft to reset the adapter on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So my new piece of rebar (graffaloy blue) went into my driver today. Shaft was made up for me yesterday morning around 11:30. I took it out onto the course today and noticed I could grab the head of the club and the grip and spin the head. Not super loose but enough to be noticeable. Is there a way to re-epoxy this easily without a vice and pulling the shaft to reset the adapter on it?

I'd take it back and make the shop fix it. The last thing you want to see is your driver head going flying down the range or worse

No. If you can move the head at all then the whole shaft needs to be removed and cleaned/reprepped then glued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely what I’ll be doing tomorrow. Go to work and get it then to the shop then back to work ugh. Luckily I have tomorrow off. In general how long does it take the adapter and epoxy to sit before being able to use it

Most likely what I’ll be doing tomorrow. Go to work and get it then to the shop then back to work ugh. Luckily I have tomorrow off. In general how long does it take the adapter and epoxy to sit before being able to use it

Depends on the epoxy they use. The quick set stuff can be to go in like 30min.

I have had this happen before to a shaft that I glued up myself. Easy fix, but like others said. I would have the shop fix it.

Brought it back to the shop. They did it for free. Told to let sit for 24 hours and he used more epoxy this time to make sure the head doesn’t move

If he did not rough up the inside of the adapter it will come off, was it a new one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If he did not rough up the inside of the adapter it will come off, was it a new one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m assuming it was new. I took it back yesterday so I’ll take it out today for a few swipes

I always like to rough up the inside of my new adapters with a wire brush and then swab them out with paint thinner in a Qtip prior to install. Same with a used one, but I use the wire brush mostly to clean out the old epoxy.

Back