Going To Try The Chrome Soft from the Z Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chump Fries

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Handicap
When playing in San Diego, sandiegonative notice that I really wasn't getting much spin on my Z Stars. I'd hit decent pitches and chips only to have them roll to the back of the green. He gave me a chrome soft to try and it really worked out well for me. Based on his and Alez367's advice, I ordered me a dozen today. Looking forward to getting them out over Labor Day weekend with my handcrafted shaft. Hoping to do a little redemption on my golf game since getting back from San Diego.

Silly me. Search is my friend. JB's polite way of saying:
3841516656_aa644b6ab1_o.gif

Save yourself a few bucks and buy the ball that inspired the ball that changed the ball, i.e. the Wilson Duo or Duo Spin.

Save yourself a few bucks and buy the ball that inspired the ball that changed the ball, i.e. the Wilson Duo or Duo Spin.

Neither of those balls inspired the Chrome Soft and neither feature a urethane cover. Very good surlyn covered balls, and Callaway makes a product like that with the SuperSoft. One could argue that it was inspired by the Bridgestone RX, which was the first tour level ball with low compression, but the balls are different.

Edited thread title to say Going To, gonna is not a word. :angel:

Oh GG...had you been able to come to San Diego and had to listen to me for a few days, you would have thought it pretty impressive I was able to form something that resembles a decent sentence :)

I was lucky to get a sleeve of these pre release thanks to my buddy LordByron to try out on my trip to florida over the winter. I used them, loved them and got away from them. I have tried several golf balls this summer, and have not had the all around performance i had with these. I'm going back.

Oh GG...had you been able to come to San Diego and had to listen to me for a few days, you would have thought it pretty impressive I was able to form something that resembles a decent sentence :)

Haha, I believe you. I am not sure if you have seen, but I have mentioned a few times on the forum that gonna is one of my biggest pet peeves, that word drives me crazy. So I had to change it haha.

Chump Fries - driving Babbitts crazy since 2015 :alien:

Excited to see your results with these, Courtney. You were definitely getting visibly more spin once you put that Chrome Soft in play.

Haha, I believe you. I am not sure if you have seen, but I have mentioned a few times on the forum that gonna is one of my biggest pet peeves, that word drives me crazy. So I had to change it haha.

Silly me. Search is my friend. JB's polite way of saying:
3841516656_aa644b6ab1_o.gif

This is good to know, I think I've used it a few times lol.

Chump Fries - driving Babbitts crazy since 2015 :alien:

Excited to see your results with these, Courtney. You were definitely getting visibly more spin once you put that Chrome Soft in play.

I think it's been nearly 6 years now of driving them crazy :)

Since Mr. Fries moved his thoughts over to the Chrome Soft Review thread, I am closing this one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back