Arccos Golf GPS Stat Tracking System Review

Has anyone figured out a better method to have these not come off your clubs? I've been having at least once per game with the sensor being stuck in my 14 way Sun Mountain Four 5 bag. I just put non-residue duct Tape on and did a few tests to have it come out of the bag and i see the tape being moved around / pulled already.

Let me know as I'm getting agitated with flipping my bag upside down in the middle of a game to get the sensor.

I think it depends what grips you have...i only have that issue with one club which had Golf Prode tour wrap on it...i think because of the soft material it came lose often..my other clubs have harder grips and have no idsues with these

So do I really need my phone in my pocket, or can I lay on the ground near me as I am about to take a shot, or since I walk can I have it in my bag near me say 5 to 6 feet.

It just needs to be in bluetooth range, so yes 5-6 feet is fine

A guy I played with today had Arccos, nothing he great things
To say about it. He even had an apple watch to go with it. Pretty cool to see it in action. I might have to break down and get this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ended up picking up one for $200 brand new from another forum, feels awkward at times because I usually grip near the edge of grip, however the data on it and the ease of adding penalty shots and seeing real distance is cool.

Really enjoying mine, though I found out today that a course I play fairly frequently is mapped way wrong. I believe they mapped it back when it used a different hole layout. I had to delete the round because it was very, very confused.

I sent them pictures of the current scorecard, so it will be interesting to see how quickly they can rectify it.

Ended up picking up one for $200 brand new from another forum, feels awkward at times because I usually grip near the edge of grip, however the data on it and the ease of adding penalty shots and seeing real distance is cool.
Mr JFlores' system is now mine, and I'm excited about giving it a go today.

My initial impression:
1) a concern I had was that the sensors might come off. Someone above has stated as such. It takes some force to out them in properly. I can't see them falling off at all unless I'm really yanking my clubs out of the bag repeatedly.

2) the GPS/round tracking will be great. But, as far as the club distances are concerned, I'm still unsure as to the usefulness, bc I probably don't take a full swing even 50% of the time (unless I'm hitting driver).

Im still excited about it, but moreso for replaying my round, and seeing how I could have managed my game better.

2) the GPS/round tracking will be great. But, as far as the club distances are concerned, I'm still unsure as to the usefulness, bc I probably don't take a full swing even 50% of the time (unless I'm hitting driver).

Over time, as you accumulate a lot of rounds, you'll learn the real distances hit your clubs when swinging normally.

Make sure to also keep a scorecard. If you're playing fast, you may not have time to verify that Arccos did the right thing or to add a penalty shot. Ninety-five percent of the time it gets it right, but you'll want to verify after the round that there weren't any missed shots or phantom detections. I also like to look at my "longest" shot for each club to ensure there's not an outlier. For example, if I look and see my longest drive for the day was 425, that's a pretty good indication my second shot was missed. Like I said, it doesn't happen often, but I like to make a quick check to be sure my stats aren't being skewed.

The battery in my putter sensor was dead; called them last night. By 8am I had already received a call and they told me they'd send me out a new set of batteries that I will have by Thursday.

The battery in my putter sensor was dead; called them last night. By 8am I had already received a call and they told me they'd send me out a new set of batteries that I will have by Thursday.

Their customer service is great.

The thing about Arrcos for me was no Android support. Come on guys, it's not that difficult. Android phones are the largest number out there. I have a Samsung. Ended up with Game Golf.

I think these things are of value to the < 15 handicapper. Us hackers? I think they can be too much information.

Yes...I will also keep a scorecard next time. It did miss a stroke on the front 9.

But I loved the fact it was keeping score for me, and keeping tabs on my round for me. It felt like I was forgetting to do something. It was doing it all for me.

At the range, with my regular playing partners, and when paired up with strangers, I'm known as a long ball hitter.
I was hitting my driver well today, and the longest ones I hit were 275 yards. I was really surprised to see that. Great information to have though.

I had no false putt detections, or false shots detected.

Initial impression: pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use.
Very unpleasantly surprised I only drive the ball 275 yards.

275 is still a very good poke. Most amateurs get 200 - 220 with their drivers. So yeah, you're a long hitter. Just like I'm known as a long hitter at 240 yds.

Stupid question on my part...

How do you know if the batteries are low or dead?

Stupid question on my part...

How do you know if the batteries are low or dead?

Pull up the app and then press the button on the sensor (how you paired the clubs) it should give you a battery level.

No battery level pop the sensor off and switch with a working one. Should work, if not it's the sensor. Had that issue with mine very top notch customer service.

Pull up the app and then press the button on the sensor (how you paired the clubs) it should give you a battery level.

No battery level pop the sensor off and switch with a working one. Should work, if not it's the sensor. Had that issue with mine very top notch customer service.

Thanks! Never knew that. Only have about 10 rounds in so I hope I'm good for awhile.

Mine should be here tomorrow. Got it new for less than 200 so I am excited

Thanks! Never knew that. Only have about 10 rounds in so I hope I'm good for awhile.

You should be, they updated the sensors to make them better in terms of hibernating. I've played a ton of rounds with mine and except for the batteries dying on a few they've been very solid.

I got one on primeday for pretty cheap and am loving it so far. Only problem I've had is the sensor on my hybrid stopped working last round. I dont think it was the battery because it still showed that it still had power. I just emailed them so we'll see what they say. Good to hear that they're customer service has been good.
Only other thing is when I'm looking at it from my computer some of my courses maps aren't showing up. Im just wondering if anybody else has had the same problem? It still shows up on my app so it's not the biggest deal but just seeing if that's the course's gps problem or the websites problem.

That was one other issue I've played 20 something rounds probably 15 different courses and I've o oh had one course that was mapped incorrectly... Still need to email them about that...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was one other issue I've played 20 something rounds probably 15 different courses and I've o oh had one course that was mapped incorrectly... Still need to email them about that...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My maps are loaded correctly but the entire map with my shots are not showing up. It will show my scorecard and above it is just black.

My maps are loaded correctly but the entire map with my shots are not showing up. It will show my scorecard and above it is just black.

Email them about that. I called them and they said they had some server issue. I emailed them and they had it fixed within an hour.

You guys are starting to make me really want this!

No Android support is the only thing keeping me from getting this. I really think it's got valuable info if you don't overload yourself.

Let's get some Android support and these will be in the ends of my clubs.

Any of you have issues with the app crashing when trying to edit shots? This includes moving a previous shot or adding a penalty etc.

Any of you have issues with the app crashing when trying to edit shots? This includes moving a previous shot or adding a penalty etc.

I haven't experienced that yet. Only time it has crashed was when I loaded a course that wasn't mapped.

Back