How do you "Celebrate" your Personal Bests?

krispyk

Reaction score
Handicap
Recently I have been having quite a few PB's but other than throwing the scorecard on my desk amongst all the rest of my cards and junk and writing it on THP, I haven't really "Celebrated" any of them with things like writing the score on the ball for a keepsake or anything like that. I guess it may be due to always wanting "better" and continuing to strive for more and when I hit a new PB I am already thinking about the next round on the things I need to improve on for the next PB even though I am not taking time to be "happy" with my new achievement.

So, no matter how big or small, How do you "Celebrate" your PB's?

I do what you mentioned, write the score, date and course on the ball I finished #18 with.

Also eagles. Not too many of those. Wish I had done my first birdie, par and break 100 and 90.

Beer and strippers. Alienface.

What are personal bests? :act-up: nothing special on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing crazy for me. I have the ball from each of my four sub-80 PBs at home and the two best cards are on my desk at work. I got beers with my cousin when I broke 80 for the first time, I was a single with two high school guys the second time, my buddy had to get home to the family the third time, and my foursome was going to get dinner afterward anyway for the most recent one.

I have the two HOI balls, I think. They are in plastic zip loc bags with the scorecard.
I have my pb 9 hole score ball (33). I wrote "33" on it, and it is in my golf box (with a ton of other stuff).
My 18 hole PB ball - I think it is somewhere along the first fairway fescue left of Olde Stonewall.

Anything else - meh, I probably got rid of it when I moved.

I really haven't. I think I might have the scorecards somewhere.

Nothing really, I tend to go to the range and enjoy the shots as long as they last, sometimes I can figure out what I did only to forget it next round lol.

I just enjoy the feeling. That's all for me. Perhaps when/if I should ever break 80 I might save the ball. But then probably forget where I put it anyway. lol

I don't really celebrate them, but if I had a hoi I would keep the ball

I keep the scorecards,build on the confidence

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I post it on THP cause I find no one else really cares. Always gets a few congrats on here from people who understand what an accomplishment it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I post it on THP cause I find no one else really cares. Always gets a few congrats on here from people who understand what an accomplishment it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. Amen to that.

For most PB's it generally will take me a few days to realize it happened unless it is score specific and that is course by course. When I realize it the reaction is generally, oh, huh, didn't realize that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My personal best is on Game Golf. In fact several of them are on Game Golf. My lowest round of this century (89). My longest drive (269 yds). Most birdies in 9 holes (2). First birdie this century. And now finally, I have gotten a birdie on all types of holes: par 3, 4 & 5.

Last year's personal bests were all beaten, except for money won in competition net score joke play. Nothing worse than a rapidly improving beginner to win net money each week.

But I'll celebrate them by having a nice medium rare Filet Mignon after my round at a local restaurant. Then I'll post it here. No one else cares. So pbbbt.

Honestly, I can only lay hands on maybe 2 of my HIO balls, and I've got scorecards for 3. This sort of thing happens when you have kids, and it's just a golf ball.
I've never thought of saving a PB ball, because I always thought I'd score better in the future. Looking back, wish I'd saved the par 72 ball since I've never beaten 76 in the ensuing decade.

Some folks aren't happy unless they've got the balls signed and dated and in the display case. I'm content with the memories, since I expect those will get better with age.

Hell, I've hit an HIO ball OB and lost it the next hole. Now, I sure didn't realize what I was doing, but that gave a lot of people who weren't me a laugh.

Want to celebrate? Get the case if you're into that, or just go have a few with your playing partners if you aren't. Take the wife out. Whatever you enjoy, treat yourself.

Beer and strippers. Alienface.

Yup, after about 30 seconds of 'how about that?' face (pass on the alien), it's on to the beer and hookers.

Have kept the scorecard from my personal bests. Also write the score on the ball, course and date and have that in my ball display. Same for my 10 eagles and my 1 albatross, have the balls with the score for the hole, course, hole # and date written on them in my display case.

I've got my hole in one ball in a drawer and a few scorecards in the same drawer. There's really no more to my celebrations than that.

3 beers.

I have the scorecard of the very limited PB. Beer followed.

I hit a personal best Monday, and it was also my first time to break 100 on a legit course. Other than posting about it here, I didn't do anything. I don't really consider it all that much of an achievement since it's still pretty poor golf in the grand scheme of things.

I had my PB scorecard in my bag for a while as I did with my first 79 scorecard. I honestly have no idea where they ended up (this was years ago, I would kill for a 79 now, lol).

I wish I had kept up with my first 79 card as it happened while playing with my dad.

if I went out and shot a 70 tomorrow what would I do? Probably post in the HHJJ thread and move on knowing a 91 was just around the corner...

Usually write is on the ball and keep the ball, also keep the score card with a date written on it.

Ive kept the balls that I got my first par and first birdie with. If I ever get an eagle or an ace, I will keep those balls too.

Back