The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

But you are making progress! Even if it isn't more cash in your pocket, it is less debt.

The grownup world is waiting on the white courtesy phone.

But, you'll be paying back student loans without it affecting your current financial state (at least not that much). There's definitely value in that.

Stop it with your common sense, fellas.

Thanks Obama.

Ha I think I can actually thank him for capping it at 10% instead of 15 like it was before. Not as depressing after doing a little research.

EDIT: after reading more, I will be paying 15% under the plan I'll have.

Stop it with your common sense, fellas.

Ha I think I can actually thank him for capping it at 10% instead of 15 like it was before. Not as depressing after doing a little research.

EDIT: after reading more, I will be paying 15% under the plan I'll have.
You'll be putting that raise to good use. We are both lucky enough to have no student loans to deal with.

You'll be putting that raise to good use. We are both lucky enough to have no student loans to deal with.

Thankful to have been able to put myself through school, but wish some of that extra loan money wouldn't have been so easy to get. 21yo me wasn't very smart.

Sucks Josh, but you're making good progress and like others have said, you can maintain your lifestyle as it stands due to the raise. I'm very lucky that I only have about $2k left to kill on my student loans...so close to the light at the end of the tunnel!!

For **** sake. Now, because some people saw the picture before I deleted it, they're asking where it went. So my wife told me to put it back up.

Nope.

Yea Blu... I'd be a little fired up over that one.

24aa585e676f64cf22589630cf80e90e.jpg

Nuff said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't you even dare. Not after the last 2 winters we've had!

I don't mean to pick on the ladies, but I snuck in a practice 9 on my local goat track as a single. There was a ladies threesome 2 groups ahead of me that was glacial slow. The twosome in front of me skipped a hole to get ahead of them because they wouldn't let them play through. So I was stuck behind them on my last 4 holes which easily took 2x as long to play as the first 5. They wouldn't even look at me standing there waiting on every shot and while they teed off. I finished my 9 and as I walked past them in the parking lot I very politely said, "ladies, it would have been nice if you had considered letting people play through." They did not seem to appreciate my constructive criticism :)

You handled that in a very gentlemanly manner. Good for you.

Way to be a level head about it, moosejaa. They needed the reminder. Sounds like that course badly needs some effective marshals...although being a goat track, it's probably pretty unlikely.

Way to be a level head about it, moosejaa. They needed the reminder. Sounds like that course badly needs some effective marshals...although being a goat track, it's probably pretty unlikely.

Thanks, and you're right, I was not going to get any help there. The owner is also, maintenance and greenskeeper :)

Thanks, and you're right, I was not going to get any help there. The owner is also, maintenance and greenskeeper :)

Wow, so skeleton crew then haha.

Wow, so skeleton crew then haha.
Definitely but it's a friendly 9 hole course 10 minutes from home, long but open and flat. It's great for just practice and extra swings.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Attended a seminar on "Workplace Violence" this morning, which was good because now I can identify the signs of toxic working environments and have terms to describe what I'm going through...
Passive-aggressive behavior, check
Lack of accountability and discipline for attitudes and actions, check
Favoritism, check
Poor communication, check
Authoritarian management style from someone who isn't even in management, check check check

Just had a meeting booked almost 2 months ago back out last minute, then got the call from a 15 year client that they're leaving for a competitor in order to save $100/month on a monthly invoice of $1800+.

But what burns me the most was them being told some untruths about service and performance. Not much pisses me off at work more than sales reps who lie. They just make my life harder, and when the client figures it out (usually pretty quickly) it's too late to do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The vision in my right eye is getting worse :/ Went to the range and was getting very dizzy. Going to the eye doctor as soon as I can to see what is wrong. I used to have 20/20 vision and now I can barely see out of it. I feel very down.

was moving furniture last night and had a cabinet door slam down on my big toe. Thing is nasty looking now and can't put any pressure on it.

was moving furniture last night and had a cabinet door slam down on my big toe. Thing is nasty looking now and can't put any pressure on it.

Post a picture for Smalls. He will love it!

Sorry buddy. Don't be a hero and go get it looked at.

Cancer took a brave, strong and brilliant life today. Mary Elizabeth Paris was only 12 years old. She had battled leukemia for well over a year. She had 2 bone marrow transplants, countless numbers of procedures, pain that I can't even imagine and she did it with such tenacity and grace that it was hard to understand how she did it all. She fought until the very end, but last night she passed away. I only met her a couple times and never did get to see her after she got diagnosed with cancer, but I kept up with her fight on Facebook and through her Aunt and Uncle who are very good friends of my wife and I. I can't imagine the pain that Mary Elizabeth's parents, little brother, little sister and the rest of the family are feeling today. I ask that if you are some one that prays that you will join me in praying for this family. Prayers that God will heal their broken hearts and grant them peace as well as understanding. If you aren't someone that prays, then I ask you to send positive thoughts and vibes to this family. Thank you!!

Link about Mary Elizabeth and her fight:
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/09/02/goodbye-mary-elizabeth/71565598/

T&P's...that's what took my dad many years ago. Dispise that word!

Being stuck in traffic moving 2 mph with a smoker in front of and behind me.... Even rolling the windows up doesn't help.

Cancer took a brave, strong and brilliant life today. Mary Elizabeth Paris was only 12 years old. She had battled leukemia for well over a year. She had 2 bone marrow transplants, countless numbers of procedures, pain that I can't even imagine and she did it with such tenacity and grace that it was hard to understand how she did it all. She fought until the very end, but last night she passed away. I only met her a couple times and never did get to see her after she got diagnosed with cancer, but I kept up with her fight on Facebook and through her Aunt and Uncle who are very good friends of my wife and I. I can't imagine the pain that Mary Elizabeth's parents, little brother, little sister and the rest of the family are feeling today. I ask that if you are some one that prays that you will join me in praying for this family. Prayers that God will heal their broken hearts and grant them peace as well as understanding. If you aren't someone that prays, then I ask you to send positive thoughts and vibes to this family. Thank you!!

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/09/02/goodbye-mary-elizabeth/71565598/

that's so sad. Thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts, Prayers and positive vibes coming their way

Summer cold! Second time I've had one this summer, and literally at the worst possible time again - right before I visit my girlfriend in Chicago. Been on the DayQuil/NyQuil train for a couple days now, hoping I can shake it before my flight tomorrow afternoon.

Need to make three international trips next year. Canada, China, S Korea. Put in the paperwork and the two Asia trips are approved. There are issues with my trip to Canada. Really? I can go to a communist country no problem, but driving to Montreal is a problem? LOL. Bureaucracy is funny sometimes.

I bet it has something to do with all those secessionists in Quebec. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back