The 5 iron flop challenge

I love hitting flop shots but never tried with a 5-iron. This could be fun

I'd hurt someone. Possibly myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I’ll try it this weekend and get @JDax to film it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no way I could do this. Just don't have the talent!!

What is a 5 iron?

I try this and someone is going for an ambulance ride.

I think I could pull this off! Or at least have a lot of fun trying it.

Would have to be some decent rough for me to get the sole under the ball!

Jon Rahm had video's circulating around this summer of him doing this on the practice tee with a 6 iron.

I'll give it a shot with the Altitude 5i and see what happens. :laughing:

Looks like fun - it's similar to what I do for a flop off a tight lie, except I use my lower body on the downswing to propel the momentum of the arms - wonder what will happen -- heckuva shot

Jon Rahm had video's circulating around this summer of him doing this on the practice tee with a 6 iron.

that's the one i thought of too. it's one of those things where i cannot intellectually work through how this is even possible. it's the golf equivalent of, "i can't even."

Ya that looks crazy.

I tried this literally last Sunday, but with a 7 iron. I could not get the ball more than a few feet in the air.

Makes you appreciate Seve using a 3 iron wide open out of a bunker even more.

I'll give this a shot. I've got nothing but an open field behind my house when I skull it. Lol!

I used to be able to pull it off pretty well with a 7 iron but never tried it with a 5 iron. Probably not all that impressive though. Back then my 7 iron probably had as much loft as 9 irons do today. Thanks for posting, going to give it a try next range session.

Definitely have the urge to try that now.

I could probably do it if you put me under trees and I tried to hit a knockdown shot.

Have the baby in one arm and attempted Club in the other......video please too.

Pssh one of those baby carriers would be much easier to use. Talk about keeping your arms and core connectedohmygod that is a great idea I'm taking her to the range with me tomorrow.

Pssh one of those baby carriers would be much easier to use. Talk about keeping your arms and core connectedohmygod that is a great idea I'm taking her to the range with me tomorrow.

*Disclaimer* Nate is not responsible for any injuries or accidents that may occur during the attempt.

Please sign here _________________

*Disclaimer* Nate is not responsible for any injuries or accidents that may occur during the attempt.

Please sign here _100% Nate's idea - Mward________________

There you go

Honestly I really don't see the point in doing this and doesn't impress me. Sorry

Back