Life Changing Way To Cook Pasta

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Awesome!!!

THP: Making life easier

Well thats interesting. Also I kept thinking...thats a ton of salt!

you didn't know? Hawk made that video haha

We've done that in the past. Really got the idea after making those Bertolli meals. Just never really the first thing we think of when it comes time to making a pasta dish.

you didn't know? Hawk made that video haha

We've done that in the past. Really got the idea after making those Bertolli meals. Just never really the first thing we think of when it comes time to making a pasta dish.

Yeah I mean hamburger helper is made that way too :alien:

i'm surprised you don't have to add water halfway through. and YES thats a TON of salt!

Yeah I mean hamburger helper is made that way too :alien:

I haven't had that stuff in years. Now I must have some. Actually, you just gave me an idea for camping this weekend.

And I'm making pasta tonight, will try this just because

Are they really leaving the lid off of the pasta pot to boil the water?

Neat way to cook pasta, though.

I haven't had that stuff in years. Now I must have some. Actually, you just gave me an idea for camping this weekend.

Cheeseburger Macaroni ftw!

That's a whole lotta salt! Can we skip that part? :)

may lower your boil temp a bit but should be fine

Cool. Slightly exaggerated, but cool, nonetheless. I will definitely try it this week.

Not sure I have a pan that big?

I never add that much salt either, but so many chefs say that your pasta water should taste like the ocean, that's how salty it should be.

I never add that much salt either, but so many chefs say that your pasta water should taste like the ocean, that's how salty it should be.

and they also say to reserve some pasta water and use it the next time you cook pasta. that's how restaurant pasta has so much more depth of flavor. oh, and cook your pasta until just barely al dente, take it off, drain it, then put it into your saucepan with the other ingredients so soak up the saucy goodness.

that was the biggest pot I have ever seen that they were "boiling" the water in.

That's what I saw ...

Salt!!!!!

I don't use much salt any longer... there is usually massive amounts in the tomato sauce although I find some now w 240 mg... instead of 640 mg

that was the biggest pot I have ever seen that they were "boiling" the water in.

I kind of thought that too. Seems like no more pasta that they cooked, they could have a used a pot half the size with half the amount of water. It would have boiled quicker that way.

Will have to try this next time we make pasta

Never thought of using one of those pans for that, I'm gonna have to try that this weekend!

Giving this a go right now.

Back