Your "All Hate" Bag?

Those on staff for a number of years did not have a choice.

Ahh that makes sense and not really surprised. But didn't you say that the tour pros that have a choice with them tend to take the white ones anyway? Or am I remembering that wrong?

White driver's, woods, hybrids............Dark color please.

Great thread - I need to give this some thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not going to base anything on looks... I'll base it on something I just couldn't flat out hit.

Driver: Nike Covert 1.0
Fairway: RBZ Stage 2
Hybrid: Never hit one that I've hated
Irons: Callaway XForged
Wedges: Scratch 8620
Putter: Odyssey Sabertooth

A bag full of Big Berthas. I really don't like the looks of the irons and their metalwoods are ok but not even in the top 5 for me for performance stock. Add in some of the really awful Mack Daddy 2 wedges and a generic Oddysey putter and you've got 14 dust collectors for me. They're not bad per se, I just don't like them.

Wrong thread?

s101031_c1pg-vertical.jpg

It's ok to hate, you've got to have something to make the NFL interesting for you. None of your FL teams are worth watching.

Driver: SLDR 430, could never dial in consistent ball flight and had to buy a 12* which subsequently went 15 yards shorter than my current gamer.

Fairway Wood: Big Bertha Steel Head. The crown was so thin on these that every 4 months I was sending it back to Callaway because I was caving the face in.
Hybrid: Wilson Staff Fybrid. Left left and more left. I could hold it off and try and hit the biggest cut in the world and the thing would still hook.

Irons: Anything Fatshaft

Wedges: Purespin wedges

Putter: Ping Craz-e. Not an appealing looking putter.

Diver-Anything Nike
FW Nike
Hybrids Nike
Irons Nike
Wedges Nike
Putter TM Rossa. Nike actually makes a decent putter in the method lines

Diver-Anything Nike
FW Nike
Hybrids Nike
Irons Nike
Wedges Nike
I used to think this. Then I hit the Vapor line, and that all changed in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Cleveland driver that had that crazy slope to the crown - just can't get passed the looks
Taylor made irons - never liked the feel of them

Everything else I'd play.

Ooooh this is a good one. I've had my share of clubs that I got along with terribly:

Driver - Nike SQ Sumo Squared - decided it would be fun to put a XX-stiff long drive shaft in. Dont think I ever hit one fairway with it, but it is a fun driving range club.
Fairway - Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 HL - one word: LEFT.
Hybrid - Nike VR Pro - never got along with the project-x shaft or the feel of the club
Irons - Cleveland CG16 tours - had the free upgrade a few years back and thought they'd be better than my CG7 tours, I was so wrong.
Wedges - Cleveland CG14's - the leading edge, the weight, the feel - blegh, so many chunked shots.
Putter - Nike Method Mod 30 - thought I'd try out a blade putter, but the feel and sound of this club was so wildly different than the 00, had it for less than a week.

Driver: I could never, ever get the hang of the Superfast 2.0 driver. I might have hit one or two fairways a round with that thing and the ones I missed, I missed by a mile.
Honorable mention would be the Callaway Octane Diablo.

FW: I've owned so many 3Ws I can't begin to remember them all, but the one I think lasted about a week was the Adams Speedline Fast 12.

Hybrids: Again, many, but the Mashie was a hook machine in my hands. I don't think the shaft and I got along well.

Irons: Tough call, as I've owned some solid sets, but I've hit a ton of others in the last few years, of course. And of those, the one club everyone loved and adored, but I couldn't hit to save my mother's life was the Altitudes. I got SO mad watching people pound away on them once up @ OG and KBs old home course while I was just hitting them into the dirt and knocking worm burners over the end of the range launching area.

Wedges: Now, I can't say I hated this wedge, or that it's bad, but after years of buying new ones and the tech improving, it is now the least performing of those I've bagged. The 588 wedge I had fit to me a few years ago. It was a 52° that I could hit 100 yards all day, which through either technology or swing improvements, I can get with a 56 and sometimes 58 now. It also didn't always feel real good.

Putter: Again, not horrible, but I could NOT get along with the original Metal-X #6 I grabbed for a trial. I love they way the roll now, but not then.

Driver: Srixon 545
Fairway: Callaway X2 hot 3 deep
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
Irons: Cleveland Altitudes
Wedges: Scor
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi

Driver-PING ANSER
Woods-Taylormade RBZ
Irons-Burner 2.0s...Wanted to love these so much I ended up hating them.
Wedges- Taylormade TP
Putter-Callaway MXM

Diver-Anything Nike
FW Nike
Hybrids Nike
Irons Nike
Wedges Nike

Is there a specific club, or you just hate Nike for some emotional reason?

Driver: Taylormade R9 - was a fit mismatch on the shaft for sure. Bought without getting fit
3W: RBZ Tour - a hook machine for me. Switched to a Stage 2 RBZ 3W (non tour version) the next year and all was better.
Irons: Pings - any set I've tried just didn't look good or have good numbers.
Wedges: Taylormade ATV - tried at a demo day, not good for me
Putter: Seemore SB1 - lasted in the bag 2 weeks and sold very quickly. A very painful experiment.

I irrationally dislike some clubs, but these are ones I've actually owned:

Driver - Nike VRs
FW - tie between Ping G15/Cleveland Mashie
Hybrid - tie between Adams Pro/Cleveland Mashie
Irons - Srixon I-506
Wedges - nothing really stands out
Putter - TM Spider

Last edited:
Hybrid - I HATE my TaylorMade 17-degree TP
Putter - I've been through over 20 in the past 18 months; I have to say I probably hate my alignment caused by my lying eyes!

Great, great thread. Thanks for posting it. Reading the thoughts has been interesting because a lot of clubs that people hate are sitting in my bag. :D

Thoughts from me (from name brand stuff):
- Driver: Nike Sumo2 square -- this thing looked and sounded awful
- FW: Adams Fast 11 titanium -- shape of a persimmon head. I could never launch it from the deck. Took a bath on these.
- Hybrid: Mizuno Fli Hi -- original version that looked like a G15 hybrid. It was pretty but the shaft was ridiculously heavy and short, and I could never launch it.
- Irons: TaylorMade Superlaunch -- hands down the worst irons I've ever owned. It felt like they were an inch longer than anything I'd played at the time.
- Wedges: Anything with very little bounce. Bounce is my friend.
- Putter: Belly putter experiment -- I actually 4 putted some holes.

Driver: Nike VRS not forgiving at all and TM RBZ was a slice machine
Fairways: X2 Hot 2-Deep probably not the best choice for me given my level of skill
Irons: '95 Callaway Big Berthas mis-hits actually hurt my hand
Wedges: Callaway 588 RTX CB swing weight just felt off and could never get consistency
Putter: Ping Anser push, pull...push, pull..push, pull

Let's see:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Edge....just hit fairway woods when I owned that
Fairways: Had pretty good luck with what I've owned there
Hybrids: Callaway X2 Hot....hooky hooky hooky
Irons: Mizunos. Bring on the hate. Never liked the feel and could never hit them.
Wedges: Only ever played Vokeys and had good results
Putter: Scotty Squareback. Horrible distance control.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 290- slice city with it for me
Fairway Wood: Callaway Xhot Pro- couldn't get it air born to save my life
Hybrid: Ping G5- hated the head shape, didn't hit it well
Irons: Nike Slingshot- weren't terrible irons, but I've only owned a few sets of irons in my life
Wedges: nothing I can remember
Putter: SeeMore FGP- thought I might like a center shafted blade, but I struggled quite a bit with long putts with it

Let's see:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo Edge....just hit fairway woods when I owned that
Fairways: Had pretty good luck with what I've owned there
Hybrids: Callaway X2 Hot....hooky hooky hooky
Irons: Mizunos. Bring on the hate. Never liked the feel and could never hit them.
Wedges: Only ever played Vokeys and had good results
Putter: Scotty Squareback. Horrible distance control.

I never owned the hybrids, but had the fairways for a time and found the same thing. 2 or 3 out of every 10 shots were absolutely bombed, the rest were screaming death hooks.

Driver - Taylormade RBZ
Fairway - Big Bertha (the original relaunch)
Irons - Ping Karsten
Wedges - None
Putter - Taylormade DLL

Is there a specific club, or you just hate Nike for some emotional reason?
Hated the covert 2.0 it sounded like breaking fiber glass when I would it it.
Nike slingshot irons made a generic whistling sound and was about 20 shorter than other sets on each club
There wedges and FW woods have always sucked
Like I said the method line was and is imo a really solid putter, buddy has one that I used once as my scotty was in the spa.

A beautiful driver can look like a Bugatti Veyron (metaphorically speaking) and some of the Covert clubs look Gallardo-ish, but the rest of the Nike drivers look like something George Jetson would drive.

Back