I've never heard of them but I went to their website and they have a stores in the Minneapolis area so in a short 7 months I will be able to check them out when we relocate back to Minnesota.

We’re in the same boat for saving $$$ and have heard good things about Aldi from some of our friends. Will be trying it out this weekend.

It literally has everything just not brands that you will recognize.

One piece of advice, bring your own bags you will need them.

Weird that Trader Joe's (pricey) owns Aldis (discount). I guess they've got the market covered.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Weird that Trader Joe's (pricey) owns Aldis (discount). I guess they've got the market covered.

But Trader Joe's has two buck chuck! Which is actually three buck chuck in Missouri!

But Trader Joe's has two buck chuck! Which is actually three buck chuck in Missouri!
What is that?

I actually do not think of Trader Joe's as pricey at all. They are very reasonable for pretty much everything except proteins.

I actually do not think of Trader Joe's as pricey at all. They are very reasonable for pretty much everything except proteins.
The ones around here are pricey, same with Whole Foods.

The ones around here are pricey, same with Whole Foods.

Interesting. Whole Food is so expensive we have one really close and never ever go to it

Interesting. Whole Food is so expensive we have one really close and never ever go to it
Maybe I'm mixing them up and lumping them together. Dash's is another pricey grocery store around here.

Maybe I'm mixing them up and lumping them together. Dash's is another pricey grocery store around here.

Got it. We do not have Dash's here

Got it. We do not have Dash's here
Like I said, Wegmans is all we know here. Wife doesn't let me do much shopping. Lol

I think Whole Foods prices have come down a little since amazon purchased.

I think Whole Foods prices have come down a little since amazon purchased.
I forgot about that. Never shop there or Trader Joe's anyways.

I used to shop at Aldi when I lived in a bigger town. Never had a problem with anything I bought there. The closest one to where we live now is about 20 miles away, so we just don't go there. Anything we'd save would be spent in gas.

There is a new Ruler Foods store near us, though. It appears to be Kroger's version of Aldi.

I would trade all my Aldi's for just one Wegmans!!!!!!!!
I miss Wegmans from my days in Buffalo, but Aldi's can't be beat. Have two in the town next to ours, and rumor has it our town is getting one too. I'd gladly trade all our Food Lions for an Aldi's!

An old thread back to life. A new Aldi near me had their grand opening yesterday. We arrived at about 7:20 for the opening at 8:30. We were 9th and 10th in the line. The first 100 people through the door received a goodie bag that in addition to the reusable shopping bag had a regular size bag of kettle chips, a package of cookies, a 16oz can of a flavored sparkling water, a scented candle, a package of 5 bagels and a quarter holder for the quarter needed for the deposit on the shopping cart. The best part of the first 100 was a “golden ticket” that had a gift card valued at between $10 and $100. My wife got the $10 gift card and I got a $25 card. Including the $5 off coupon we were also given, we saved $40 on the shopping trip. Aldi has been our primary source of groceries for several years and we have been to at least 4 grand openings. We’ve gotten the $100 gift card in the past, but this is the best goodie bag we’ve gotten.

Hopefully the new one that will be less than 2 miles from my house, will open in the next couple of weeks after months of delays.

Hopefully the new one that will be less than 2 miles from my house, will open in the next couple of weeks after months of delays.
Try not to miss the grand opening. Worth spending some time in line. Our store also has a drawing for a $500 gift card.

Try not to miss the grand opening. Worth spending some time in line. Our store also has a drawing for a $500 gift card.
Dang that will go a ways in that place. I got there to get my cheap snacks and salsa. Plus there’s awesome calzones.

They are remodeling the one in our town so hopefully it'll be nicer when done but my wife stops by the one near her work every Monday

They are remodeling the one in our town so hopefully it'll be nicer when done but my wife stops by the one near her work every Monday
They’ll have a grand reopening when they finish.

Back