TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap
Did not see a thread for this store already and if I missed it please merge.

We are on a budget and looking for more ways to save money. We have always heard about this place but never gave it much thought. We finally went last weekend and I think we are hooked. I still can not believe the amount of food we got for what we paid.

Aldi has been a weekly stop for us since they opened a store by us last year. There are several now. One of our favorite places to grocery shop.

There is another German based market that opened up here recently that is similar but much larger. Can't rent the name right now, but they do have a bakery.

Edit: Lydl is the other store.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Love Aldi. Doesn't have everything, but it's great to get the basics and get through quickly. Prices are good and the products are solid as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Love ALDI. They don't everything but they have a lot. They are owned by the same people who own Trader Joe's so you can get the "great value" style of TJ's at Aldi. If you have not tried their beer and wine it is very good and cheap.

We've got them all over here but have always shied away from them for some reason. Not sure they have them in your area, but Save-A-Lot is another one that you can definitely save some money at, especially when buying meat.

Did not see a thread for this store already and if I missed it please merge.

We are on a budget and looking for more ways to save money. We have always heard about this place but never gave it much thought. We finally went last weekend and I think we are hooked. I still can not believe the amount of food we got for what we paid.

I would trade all my Aldi's for just one Wegmans!!!!!!!!

Never stepped foot in one, but they are almost finished building one right next to the meijer by my house. I have heard good things.

Haha we have Wegman's but it can be dangerous. We went there one morning not having breakfast and we dropped 28 bucks on the hot breakfast bar.

I do not need name brand stuff and Aldi is perfect for us and provides pretty much everything we need for a significant drop in cost. We got a 4 pack of tp for 59 CENTS!!! Hahaha

Probably why we never go to Aldi's. It's only Wegmans as far as the wife is concerned.

Dawn shops at Aldi and loves the store. It is one of her 3 or 4 places to shop and she generally goes there for specific items (vegetables being one of them). She swears by them too.

Of course I took her to a Wegmans when we were in Western New York and now she keeps asking a good friend of mine who works for Wegmans if they will come to Indiana. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Went in one recently for the first time in 3 or 4 years. I was training a new hire mgmt a couple of months ago that previously worked for Aldi before joining us. In the discussion, he mentioned that the same company owns Aldi and Trader Joe's. I asked hime why there were so few Trader Joe's in GA and he said because there was a large concentration of Aldi and the company did not want them competing against each of in markets. I did not remember Aldi being anything like Trader Joe's (which I LOVE) so I had to see for myself. I was honestly not very impressed with Aldi and really hope that company re-assesses their position and starts adding more Trader Joe's. I personally do not see any similarity between the two.

We like to mix some of the Aldi products with some of the 365 stuff from WholeFoods to fill our cabinets. Long gone are the days of "name brand" anything... Well, not if I want to continue golfing.

Maybe Aldi is nice in other states but in orlando it’s like shopping in a third world country.

They just renovated the Aldi’s by our house, it’s really well done. Very nice inside, and starting to have more organic options. Place is always very busy too.

Maybe Aldi is nice in other states but in orlando it’s like shopping in a third world country.

Similar experiences here. Just not worth it at all. I will spend the extra $$ and have a better grocery shopping experience.

The Aldi stores by us are very well maintained and clean. It's the perfect party food store. Chips and snacks and beer and nuts. Chocolate selection is pretty good as well.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I have an Aldi right at the back entrance to my hood. It has everything and it is very well priced. TRhe fruit we have bought has been very good. Chocolate is just like the fancy stuff at Whole Paycheck.

I had no idea Aldi or Lidl were over here. Went a couple of times back home. Enough times to ensure I’ll never step in one again. I’ll stick with Costco.

#FiberLaunch

Other than costco.....aldi is easily our second most favorite place to grocery shop. Yes limited quantities and availability. Yes annoying to bag your own groceries. Yes small stores. However, I can spend $150 in there and will save at least $70-80 opposed to a normal grocery store. Not to mention I have never had anything that hasn't been fresh, very high quality and I can be in and out of there in about a half hour doing a full shopping. Aldi is the owner of TraderJoes and there literally are the same brands in both stores. It is simply that. Just simple. I don't need 30 options for cereal, pasta, rices,, chips, frozen chicken, frozen anything honestly.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

We like to mix some of the Aldi products with some of the 365 stuff from WholeFoods to fill our cabinets. Long gone are the days of "name brand" anything... Well, not if I want to continue golfing.

All tastes the same to me and if I️ can get it and stay under budget that is a no brainer.

The one near me is clean, well set up and not huge like most grocery stores. Just easy and simple can’t complain about that at all.

Hmm we call them developing nations now sorry it is the teacher in me

We love our Aldi. If I could design the perfect grocery store, it would look pretty dang similar. I always get so stressed out trying to keep up with the checkout lady putting my stuff on the belt, they're so freaking fast.

A store where I can buy a dozen eggs and a gallon of milk for under $4 is my kind of store. Love Aldis!

I think the prices and food are actually really great. It's just having the patience to get through the store. It's always such a mad house mostly because everyone brings their kids in there. Don't get me wrong - love kids, but having 30 of them running around when you're trying to buy groceries gives you an ulcer.

We’re in the same boat for saving $$$ and have heard good things about Aldi from some of our friends. Will be trying it out this weekend.

Back