Aim Point Express

I picked up the DVD used off the marketplace here and it definitely cleared up some questions I had. I still need to get the husky level and try to learn what each % of slope feels like to me.

I read a DVD review on Amazon that said you can use a clinometer app on your phone in place of the level. It might be worth a try!

So a friend of mine in her late 50s who took the class told me she had a 77 with 27 putts this week. She was a 17 handicap and is down to a 13 which I suspect will get even better. She's not a long hitter but she's consistent and her short game is good. She loves Aimpoint.

I'm thinking about buy the DVD here once I get my next paycheck....BUT.....If anyone had the DVD and are done with it, I'll take it off your hands. Just PM me.

After a friend taught me Aimpoint Express I won several tournaments and everything was easy. It's amazing the affect good putting can have on your confidence and overall game. Although I never went to a specific course that trained me I was able to use the technique with great success with just a few pointers.

As a general rule, my friend said that most of the putts you will face (where the cup is cut on the green) is about a 2 degree slope. 1 and 3 degree's can also happen however 4 is extremely rare.

Basically each finger represents 1 degree of slope.

When you raise your finger the width of the finger will indicate how much break should be played. From putts inside 8 feet I start the finger in the middle of the cup. Everything outside that distance the finger starts on the edge. Simple.

When it gets confusing is the degree at which to bend your elbow for green speed.

But like the name "express" it should just be used to give me credibility to how you would have read the putt already.

Last edited:
New shoes and Aimpoint is not a perfect combination. 11 putts on first half, feet starting to feel the new shoes and 16 putts on back half, including a three-putt on the 18th.

New shoes and Aimpoint is not a perfect combination.

Ya for myself, I wear 3 different pairs of golf shoes. I know when I'm taking my reading how much my knee overshadowing looks on each pair of shoes as I look down at a 3. And then I adjust from there, if that makes sense.

Reading thru this thread is fascinating. It's almost like the standing outside the velvet rope and catching snippets of conversation, knowing everyone knows what is being discussed except for the non-Aimpoint golfer, especially the zero line, elbow bend, different shoes, etc. #secrethandshake

I guess I need to youtube it and get the real info on how to putt.

Reading thru this thread is fascinating. It's almost like the standing outside the velvet rope and catching snippets of conversation, knowing everyone knows what is being discussed except for the non-Aimpoint golfer, especially the zero line, elbow bend, different shoes, etc. #secrethandshake

The shoes... Many golf shoes have too much cushion in them so you are unable to feel the intricacies of the slope -- so golfers using their feet want to go with something close to the ground like True Linkswear, Ecco Biom Hybrid, etc.

Aimpoint has an $80 DVD if you are not near a class...

I guess I need to youtube it and get the real info on how to putt.

AimPoint does have a website.

The DVD offers a lot of info. It leaves out some details. But the DVD is like AimPoint basic and advanced in one DVD so if you look at it that way, it's not too bad.

I ordered the DVD. Looks like a good system. I need all the help I can get.

So i had a chance to get the Husky level, and do a little work on the practice green. I can see this is going to take practice, but knowing if it breaks left or right is already big.

So i had a chance to get the Husky level, and do a little work on the practice green. I can see this is going to take practice, but knowing if it breaks left or right is already big.

one tip I always use when getting the %. You stiffen the downhill leg and let the uphill knee flex which gives you the slope. For me I place my dominant eye dead center between my feet when getting the reading, and look where my knee cap is on my uphill shoe. I use it like a gauge. For example if it's 1" from the end of my laces its a 2, if its 1/2" from the end it's a 2.5, and if it's exactly at the end it's a 3. Tried, tested, and true. Will take some trial and error, but it's worked great for me.
My other shoes, the gauge is a little different, but my method is the same.

one tip I always use when getting the %. You stiffen the downhill leg and let the uphill knee flex which gives you the slope. For me I place my dominant eye dead center between my feet when getting the reading, and look where my knee cap is on my uphill shoe. I use it like a gauge. For example if it's 1" from the end of my laces its a 2, if its 1/2" from the end it's a 2.5, and if it's exactly at the end it's a 3. Tried, tested, and true. Will take some trial and error, but it's worked great for me.
My other shoes, the gauge is a little different, but my method is the same.

i may need a diagram, LT. Lol

btw, i tried it for the first time today. My accuracy knowing if it's a 1, 2, 3, etc. is going to take practice, but i probably had my best overall day putting. Just knowing it breaks right, left or very little is huge. I came very close on several putts, and on one hole the wife said it breaks to the left, but my feet said right. She guessed wrong. I lipped it out.

Overall i am very pleased with this. It helps a lot.

Jrod from Callaway has been giving great lesson on aim point recently ;)

Jrod from Callaway has been giving great lesson on aim point recently ;)

If I could like this post more than once i would do it x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i may need a diagram, LT. Lol

btw, i tried it for the first time today. My accuracy knowing if it's a 1, 2, 3, etc. is going to take practice, but i probably had my best overall day putting. Just knowing it breaks right, left or very little is huge. I came very close on several putts, and on one hole the wife said it breaks to the left, but my feet said right. She guessed wrong. I lipped it out.

Overall i am very pleased with this. It helps a lot.

That's the thing; just feeling confident that you know it's right or left, or that's it's a small/moderate/huge break allows you to putt with so much more confidence.

That's the thing; just feeling confident that you know it's right or left, or that's it's a small/moderate/huge break allows you to putt with so much more confidence.

Exactly, US. Today was the first round i had where putts was below 36. This has really changed my putting. It will take time to master, but at least now i have somewhere to start. And my feet don't lie.

Exactly, US. Today was the first round i had where putts was below 36. This has really changed my putting. It will take time to master, but at least now i have somewhere to start. And my feet don't lie.

Aimpoint + my Tank 2ball fang has been saving my round all year. With new baby I haven't practiced all year yet kept my handicap at 8.1.

I got the online video for AimPoint Express which I have watched 10 times probably. It has helped me quite a bit. I figured out the slope pretty quickly using a digital level. Better lag putting outside of 25-30 ft. Short putts are much better. I actually have the good sense now to realize...Hey.. This putt does not break... I would always read something into the putt.

The shoes... Many golf shoes have too much cushion in them so you are unable to feel the intricacies of the slope -- so golfers using their feet want to go with something close to the ground like True Linkswear, Ecco Biom Hybrid, etc.

Aimpoint has an $80 DVD if you are not near a class...

I bought the streaming video and like to be able to reference anywhere..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I purchased the DVD and digital level earlier today. Hoping to have some of the same success that others have had.

Back