The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

Will the 2016 drivers be available to hit during Top Golf? All the great reviews I'm reading here have me wanting to get as many swings with both the DBD and GBB as I can

Will the 2016 drivers be available to hit during Top Golf? All the great reviews I'm reading here have me wanting to get as many swings with both the DBD and GBB as I can

Now that would be cool. I know we are going to get to test them, but if they are at Top Golf that would be awesome. Driving contest with the new toys? Yes please.

Oh that would be fantastic. I hope they even allow drivers at this top golf.

Im sure we will have some drivers for people. Top Golf is not the most driver friendly venue, but we will make sure you guys get some serious demo time with them over the weekend.

Im sure we will have some drivers for people. Top Golf is not the most driver friendly venue, but we will make sure you guys get some serious demo time with them over the weekend.

Cool thanks JB. I wasn't sure if it was mentioned or not so I was just curious that's all. I am so ready for this event!

Cool thanks JB. I wasn't sure if it was mentioned or not so I was just curious that's all. I am so ready for this event!

Definitely.

Thought someone said they did. But maybe I'm making that up
The other one in Chicagoland does. I think this one is opening literally this week.

After a good range session where I straightened out some of the issues I've been having with driver, I'm feeling pretty good about my game. Just over a week left!

Ok fellas, last revisions before #TheGauntlet next week.

Are you where you want to be?
Do you think your handicap travels well?
Are you working with a new club or bag setup heading into next weekend?

1. I'm pretty happy with where I am right now, as long as I remember to get the clubface closed and follow through with the putter.
2. I'm trying really hard not to think about this. I've been slightly concerned that my index has taken a precipitous drop in the last two months (15.0 at the beginning of July) and that I'm just a 13 or 14 masquerading as a 9.
3. Nothing newer than the new-to-me clubs that I got this spring while sitting around the house healing. I do have a snazzy new bag though!

No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't your wifey just win you a driver Phil?
Lol

Looking forward to this event!
Hope everyone's game is rounding into shape!

And watch out for that certain team playin' possum!
They have players!

Move the fences back for this guy!

Can't wait to see this event unfold and the matches to begin!

To say I am excited for this event is an understatement. Gauntlet prep is almost done with a few minor adjustments left. Pumped to meet some more THPers, Roger Cleveland and have the time of my life.

hit the range with six4three5 tonight, he is excited about The Gauntlet not to mention he is working his ass off. he was hitting the ball very well tonight. he has been hitting the range non stop since he was fortunate enough to be picked for team AJ! we are going out to play nine tomorrow night. I will be playing him in match play in the hopes of honing his metal approach as well as his swing. I will post results tomorrow night!

hit the range with six4three5 tonight, he is excited about The Gauntlet not to mention he is working his ass off. he was hitting the ball very well tonight. he has been hitting the range non stop since he was fortunate enough to be picked for team AJ! we are going out to play nine tomorrow night. I will be playing him in match play in the hopes of honing his metal approach as well as his swing. I will post results tomorrow night!

Bring it on pop!! I look forward to the challenge!!

I am getting there. I'm close. My ball striking as of late has been fantastic. I just need to get a few "practice" rounds in which will be done to bring that striking to the course.

I do think my handicap travels. I'll need to spend a bit of time on the practice green to get confident with the flat stick tho.

Not working on anything as far as clubs or setup as my bag is set.

The other one in Chicagoland does. I think this one is opening literally this week.
This is at the Naperville one? I totally missed that announcement.

I am where I want to be. The swing is there just need to keep my head in the game. I have league tomorrow night and we are playing 2 man best ball for our league championship. This should be some good practice for #TheGauntlet.

Traveling handicap: ummm I think so? haha! New course always throws a curve ball.

Not working with a new club but a new shaft in the driver. Ordered a different profile for the 2014 BBA so we will see how it goes. Both old and new drivers will make the trip. We will see how the range treats me in the morning with each.

From here on out boys, you need to work on doing one or two little things about pace of play. We are working with the same rules we did previously. If you are behind, you will get a warning. If we have to do so again, you will be asked to pick up your ball and move to the appropriate hole to catch up.

We are saying this now to make sure everybody knows going in. Be prepared to play when its your shot. Move a bit on the greens and we will have no issues. We do not want to hear after the fact that it was unfair, so we are bringing it up once again. We know some in here have voiced that they play at a slower pace and hopefully these months of buildup have allowed you to work on that.

As it has been mentioned, green side is where all the time is made up!

Do any of these greens not have multiple tiers? ugh. Kinda takes out aiming for the center of the green.

A lot of the greens at Dubs were built as three distinct greens in one. Pay attention to pin pos. Don't challenge fairway bunkers and have fun! Very jealous of you guys! Can not wait to follow along.

I'll go first. I think I'm right where I need to be. The game has been solid lately, but a few hiccups have been frustrating. I think my handicap travels pretty well since I play a lot of different courses. Hopefully it travels well into the midwest, a first for me. I've thrown my 56* back in the bag lately to prepare for the MD3 we'll be getting and I'm very particular about my wedges, so I'm hoping to get to spend a little time on the range with it before we tee off.

Not or quite where I want to be yet. Still working on some new short game aspects. Will put in some major range time between now and Thursday of next week. Driver is what it is right now. That is inconsistent. Thankfully I do fairly well scrambling. My goal for this has always been bogey golf.

i think my handicap travels fairly well. I can suck at all courses equally!

If we're paired up for a two person best ball, we get to play up a tee or two due to pain right?
I don't know. When the wrist was really bothering me, I shot 84 on Ravines. I had to "self medicate" to mask the pain and played from the blues. We might be ok.

I'll go first. I think I'm right where I need to be. The game has been solid lately, but a few hiccups have been frustrating. I think my handicap travels pretty well since I play a lot of different courses. Hopefully it travels well into the midwest, a first for me. I've thrown my 56* back in the bag lately to prepare for the MD3 we'll be getting and I'm very particular about my wedges, so I'm hoping to get to spend a little time on the range with it before we tee off.

I guess I'm where I want to be. I haven't played any real rounds in about 3 weeks, so my cap is where it was when I first hurt my wrist.
I think my cap should travel well. I play Ravines quite a bit :alien:
I've got a new hybrid and new irons, but I played a couple of rounds with them and feel confident.

As for my wrist, starting taking more swings yesterday and feel zero pain today. Because of the wrist I've really reduced my grip pressure and my hands and arms are moving a lot more freely. I wasn't really "going after" too many shots, but was still getting my 6i to carry out to 170 (on my skytrak). Overall my swing feels amazing and the resulting shots are the best they've been in almost a year. My shoulders are rotating all the way through on my follow through now that I've released all the tension in my wrist and hands.

I actually feel like my game is in a great place right now and the layoff really helped me. I was pretty much limited to just working on drills involving take away to just past impact. Realized that I felt a tug on my wrist when I my hands would rotate on my follow through and that's how I came to loosening my grip and just letting my upper body whip around.

If you think you are ready for JohnnyRod, you aren't even close. And I mean that in the best way.

If you think you are ready for JohnnyRod, you aren't even close. And I mean that in the best way.

Lol! He needs to be ready for me. Joe Rogan, there's something you don't know about me. I smoke rock.

The rest of my team is apparently injured. Is Dnevs ok?

Besides the usual back issues, DNevs is feeling good!

7.7 index should travel pretty well if my game comes around.

Thinking of adding the new GBB Heavenwood to the mix for The Gauntlet!

Texted with •R• today and he is pumped to work with you guys. #GetWedgeducated

Back