DIY Golf Ball Rack project

dbdors

Reaction score
Handicap
Wanted to share my golf ball rack that I recently built and just put up on the wall last night. I have to say that I am proud of it.
Had been eyeing making a new rack for my logo
golf ball collection. Had a store bought rack that held 72 balls, but it was quite ugly IMO.

I really liked this one and decided to copy it: https://www.woodshopi...golf-ball-rack/
Mine is made from cherry, one of my favorite woods to work with. The example looks like cherry as well.

I'm a wood worker and love building things and tinkering, especially if its for golf its a bonus for me. In either case, I'm really proud of what I did.

I do have a PDF of the sketch. PM me and I can email if you like.

This is the finished piece in the raw before filling and final sanding. And then three of the finished rack.

11B39239-88A2-404E-928D-8EE34CBB6689.jpeg 237BA18A-31D2-4E3F-A93A-66C9FE34E34A.jpeg 4728317B-5D7D-4079-B8EC-A2796422C2D3.jpeg

Last edited:
That is really nice!

That is great. I️ am going to try my hand at one of these this Winter. Thanks for posting

VERY nice!

Very cool! Well done!

Cool!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good!

Looks awesome!

Looks great!

Very nice. Did you drill the holes yourself?
Yes all 180 of them. I used a drill press with a fence. If set up properly it goes quickly.

What's the thickness of the back panel? Looks good and solid.

Looks good.

What's the thickness of the back panel? Looks good and solid.
3/4”. All solid cherry. In hindsight 3/4” cherry veneer plywood might have been cheaper for the main panel.

That's awesome!

Looks great, wish I had the skills to make something similar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3/4”. All solid cherry. In hindsight 3/4” cherry veneer plywood might have been cheaper for the main panel.

True, but your stain might have been off. Looks well built.

That looks pretty nice. I was given a store bought rack that only held like 50 golf balls and once I started adding them I realized I needed more space. So my dad and I built one.

Bogeyme's Ball Rack Build

I thought I had a final picture of it hanging on the wall and filled but I guess I didn't post it in that thread, must have been in a different thread.

That looks pretty nice. I was given a store bought rack that only held like 50 golf balls and once I started adding them I realized I needed more space. So my dad and I built one.

Bogeyme's Ball Rack Build

I thought I had a final picture of it hanging on the wall and filled but I guess I didn't post it in that thread, must have been in a different thread.

I had considered some similar designs as well.

There's lots of examples on Pinterest

That is really cool! Great job man! Idk if it's the secret Santa spirit going around (or maybe the fact I just read the whole 2016 thread haha). But, what if you had different tees in there from all over THP land? I have a couple I could send you if you want

9562bdb29c070920d5bb4e29076ef090.jpg

6ac7e53340fc9a5f9f3cbde08876de7a.jpg

Meant to include the heads in the first shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is awesome! I may have just found a winter project to hang in my “office”

That is really cool! Great job man! Idk if it's the secret Santa spirit going around (or maybe the fact I just read the whole 2016 thread haha). But, what if you had different tees in there from all over THP land? I have a couple I could send you if you want

That might be interesting. I'm getting ready to build a second one. This one will be for my 50 states project. I really want to play a course in all 50 states. So I have collected balls from 7 states so far not counting Texas. Might be interesting to have different Tees as well. Hadn't thought about that. I guess the only issue would be diameter. The ones I used are pretty standard 3/16" diameter.

Much better than store bought! Killer love it

Back