e1iterate

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Thought I would make a post and provide an update as to what my wife and I have been dealing with as I know I have spoken with a few of you about this before. We've had 3 miscarriages with the most recent one back in July of 2015 and it was especially tough on her. Since then we've not had any luck. Recently we switched to a new "lady doctor" and she recommended we do an ultra sound to see what was going on in there. Sure enough she had what is called an endometrial polyp. This should have been found by her previous doctor but I wont go there...Anyways, we had her D&C done today and in around 30 days we will get to start trying again.

Her and I are both upset that we have pretty much wasted the last 2-2.5 years with this polyp issue as it was causing a ton of irregularities around ovulation and other things. At the same token, we are both pretty excited that other couples we know have been successful in getting pregnant after having similar issues so we have some hope that maybe in 2018 we can finally become parents. We aren't getting any younger, you know :)

If anyone out there prays, my wife and I would appreciate them...otherwise feel free to send her some good vibes for an easy recovery from today's procedure.

Thanks THP

Thought I would make a post and provide an update as to what my wife and I have been dealing with as I know I have spoken with a few of you about this before. We've had 3 miscarriages with the most recent one back in July of 2015 and it was especially tough on her. Since then we've not had any luck. Recently we switched to a new "lady doctor" and she recommended we do an ultra sound to see what was going on in there. Sure enough she had what is called an endometrial polyp. This should have been found by her previous doctor but I wont go there...Anyways, we had her D&C done today and in around 30 days we will get to start trying again.

Her and I are both upset that we have pretty much wasted the last 2-2.5 years with this polyp issue as it was causing a ton of irregularities around ovulation and other things. At the same token, we are both pretty excited that other couples we know have been successful in getting pregnant after having similar issues so we have some hope that maybe in 2018 we can finally become parents. We aren't getting any younger, you know :)

If anyone out there prays, my wife and I would appreciate them...otherwise feel free to send her some good vibes for an easy recovery from today's procedure.

Thanks THP
I'll be praying for her recovery and yall. Just know that everything happens for a reason. Love y'all!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thinking about you guys Mike. My sister had VERY similar issues and now has an incredible 2 year old son and she is due with her 2nd son in March.

Be glad you took the effort to get another opinion that nailed down the issue, much better chances ahead my friend.

I️ hope your wife has a speedy recovery. It’s never too late to have children. I️ had my last son when I️ was 35. He graduated from UT last December. It doesn’t seem that long ago when he was born. God bless y’all!

Been thinking about you guys a lot since I left Nashville. I always feel bad telling our story and how easy it seemed to be when I know how many couples have the same struggles you guys are having. I've got a lot of friends close to me who have gone through months and years of struggles - but they've all eventually gotten there.

I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers, Mike. Glad you've got a little bit of good news and I hope things keep trending in the right direction for you. It'll happen for you and when it does that kid is gonna have a killer swing, just like dad! Let me know if you ever need anything bud.

We have had issues over the past 3 or so years. 3 cycles of IVF to harvest, our lone pregnancy stemming from a round when the drugs she were on were faulty (and there was a massive recall), and sadly we lost that pregnancy.

Wife went through the same thing, polyp, d&c. A lot of heartbreak, and a lot of stress. Doctors recommended against further harvesting cycles, just due to the stresses it was putting on her. Turns out her eggs weren't of the best quality, and my swimmers weren't the best either. We didn't know what to do.

After the polyp removal, we were at a cross roads and started looking more into adoption. Went so far as the 3 day seminar here you need to take to actually get on the lists. After that, feeling a bit scared of the adoption process, we decided to go the way of donors.

We ended up with 5 embryos via donor. Picking the egg donor was tough, as was picking the sperm donor (way too many "look at me I am dressed up to go to the bar").

We are now expecting our first child min-January. My wife wanted to be a mother in the worst way, and she gets that experience now.

Thoughts and prayers sent your way, and if you want to talk, feel free to PM me. Best of luck!

Prayers going out Mike the struggle is real my wife and I are trying to no avail. It's hard when you see others with such ease get pregnant one after another. You and your wife will be in prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had some struggles as well before our daughter came along. Wish you both the best. If it all works out, it’s entirely worth the wait no matter how frustrating it was.

Prayers going out for you guys.

We didn't have any of the same issues you spoke about but we were forced to wait 6 years due to my Wife's other health issues. Basically they said if she were to get pregnant there's a good chance one or both of them wouldn't make it. A miscarriage occurred after that which pretty much destroyed us, but after some time we both found the strength to try again.

Now we are the happy parents of a 6 month old boy! It took a ton of emotional turmoil and patience to get where we are, but we got there.

Good luck Mike! Glad there may be a solution. Will be praying for you.

I wish you all the best of luck buddy and sending out T's and P's. That's good news though that your new doc may have found the problem and has you trying again soon. It is definitely worth it in the end!

Best of luck. My wife and I had some issues, went the IVF route for my wife to get pregnant the first time. She miscarried at 22 weeks with that pregnancy, which really threw us for a loop. For the next year after that, her body wouldn't respond to the medications that were being administered to get her ready for another round of IVF, so we never tried it again. Her doctor told her to take 6 months to get off of all of the medications and let her body "reset" in a way. At the end of that 6 months, we got pregnant naturally and now have a 4 year old son. She got pregnant again 2 years ago, but miscarried at 12 weeks. I think that was a sign to us that we should just focus on the one child that we have right now. It's weird that both of us wanted 2 kids before all of this, and now we are fine with how things worked out. Everyone runs their own race, so to speak.

Good luck to you and your wife! I hope all goes well, and you are fortunate enough to update us about a successful pregnancy next year!

Good luck my friend I am excited for you!

Wishing you and the wife all the best Mike!

Wishing you and your wife the best

Good luck man. The news sounds promising, will have my fingers crossed for you guys!

Thought and prayers to you and your wife Mike. So sorry to hear about the past issues and definitely wish you noth the best of luck going forward. I believe you would be an amazing dad!

All the best to you and the Mrs. Sending T&Ps your way sir.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your wife.

Thanks THP

I wish you the best in this. My wife and I spent 4 years trying to have a child and she never got pregnant. We went to the doctor and had every test they could think of run on us both and said they had no reason why we had not conceived a child. Interestingly enough, I had been a police officer for 8 years and worked every Sunday so we had stopped going to church. Since I resigned from that, we decided to join a small church near our home. We were both saved but had never been baptized. Our son was conceived almost to the day we were baptized and joined our church. I do have some understanding of how difficult it is to want a child and have it not happen for a long time. Keep praying and your prayers will be answered. Our son is the best thing in my life and honestly the biggest reason I started playing golf. I realized I am not getting younger and wanted to find something we could enjoy together as he got older. I will keep you guys in my prayers and you keep us posted!

Wow. Just reading through some of this and my heart breaks for you and your wife. My comments and discussion on THP is very well known around this past February. Was just a rough tough rough time. I also found some solace in discussing and chatting about it with some of the great guy's (and gals) on here. THP is a special place to help everyone get through a plethora of things.

I can tell you this my friend. ANYTIME YOU NEED SOMEONE TO. CHAT WITH...VENT TO....BOUNCE SOME IDEAS OFF OF....OR JUST PLAIN OLD CRY. I am all ears. I've been there and I've done all of the above over the last year with friends from THP. Please don't hesitate to PM me if you need anything, or nothing at all. You and your wife will get through this. Prayer and faith buddy. Prayer and faith.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Good luck Mike. Thoughts and prayers for you and your wife, hang in there and I’m sure good things will happen for you both.
A little extra good vibes for her as she recovers from the procedure.

Thoughts and prayers for you brother. Best of luck to you both.

Thoughts, prayers and positive vibes headed to both of you, hang in there.

Back