2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overnight oats are great, and super healthy. The nutella may not be super healthy, but the rest is great! I am going to start doing this as well. You can add unsweetened cocoa powder and that will add no calories, but a nice chocolate-y flavor and color. For added protein (but also calories) you can add some almond butter or peanut butter too. Another great option to help thicken it and add tons of protein and other vitamins is chia seeds. I actually hate chia seeds, but in overnight oats I don't notice them.

Last edited:
After further research, its between 6 and 10 points with the almond milk. Thanks guys. That is about the same as D-Lites breakfast sandwiches (they are 6 I think) and a few other things, so that puts it into perspective for me.

I was going to ask about the Almond/Coconut milk - I usually use straight almond milk for a lot of things. I hadn't seen the almond/coconut. How do you like it?

In the mixture, dont taste the difference at all. It's unsweetened but tastes just fine. Saves me 30-40 calories.

I was wondering about this too, I have not tried the Coconut milk before, but am willing to give it a try. The mixture is intriguing.

Overnight oats are great, and super healthy. The nutella may not be super healthy, but the rest is great! I am going to start doing this as well. You can add unsweetened cocoa powder and that will add no calories, but a nice chocolate-y flavor and color. For added protein (but also calories) you can add some almond butter or peanut butter too. Another great option to help thicken it and add tons of protein and other vitamins is chia seeds. I actually had chia seeds, but in overnight oats I don't notice them.

I have used PB2 powder in them instead of Peanut butter and yeah nutella isnt exactly healthy but I only add a teaspoon and its probably not even that much. Depends on the recipe or what we feel like having. And yeah chia seeds arent for me. Haha I tried them and yuck. I have some flax seed that I will occasionally mix in as well. They can be healthy or unhealthy depending on what you put in but its the same principal as a salad. You can eat a salad and have it be healthy or put 400 calories worth of dressing and croutons and you might as well have had a burger. Haha

After further research, its between 6 and 10 points with the almond milk. Thanks guys. That is about the same as D-Lites breakfast sandwiches (they are 6 I think) and a few other things, so that puts it into perspective for me.

What I like about it is that it is very filling. If I eat cereal or something by like 11 I want a snack. When I eat this, I am good until lunch, even a late lunch.

This is what I brought this morning. 1/3 cup of rolled oats, 1/3 of unsweetened coconut almond milk, one small container of the Yoplait 100 Greek Blueberry yogurt, handful of fresh blueberries.

99711bd8ff763084fbbf1f6c091d9aa5.jpg

437cc121cac8d7f00626ea5ca18a5490.jpg

We've tried something along those lines. Good stuff. I've always struggled eating breakfast but enjoyed having one of these ready to go in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've tried something along those lines. Good stuff. I've always struggled eating breakfast but enjoyed having one of these ready to go in the morning.

Im not a breakfast eater either, unless I am traveling. I eat an early lunch instead.

I have used PB2 powder in them instead of Peanut butter and yeah nutella isnt exactly healthy but I only add a teaspoon and its probably not even that much. Depends on the recipe or what we feel like having. And yeah chia seeds arent for me. Haha I tried them and yuck. I have some flax seed that I will occasionally mix in as well. They can be healthy or unhealthy depending on what you put in but its the same principal as a salad. You can eat a salad and have it be healthy or put 400 calories worth of dressing and croutons and you might as well have had a burger. Haha

Oh I totally agree. And just a small amount of nutella isn't bad, it adds tons of flavor and some protein still. You can turn overnight oats into anything you want, that is what is so great about them. I need to set an alarm tonight to make them. I always forget until it's morning and then they are't overnight anymore haha.

I actually like them cold the next morning, especially with the heat during the summer. Do you eat it cold or heated up?

EDIT: my earlier post meant to say I hate chia seeds, and I do they are disgusting, but in the oats I don't really notice them.

Oh I totally agree. And just a small amount of nutella isn't bad, it adds tons of flavor and some protein still. You can turn overnight oats into anything you want, that is what is so great about them. I need to set an alarm tonight to make them. I always forget until it's morning and then they are't overnight anymore haha.

I actually like them cold the next morning, especially with the heat during the summer. Do you eat it cold or heated up?

Cold. I enjoy everything mixed together. For whatever reason, the frozen raspberries are the best. They melt right into it.

Cold. I enjoy everything mixed together. For whatever reason, the frozen raspberries are the best. They melt right into it.

I have never done the frozen berries, or even put the berries in the night before, I always did them fresh the next morning. I am going to have to give that a try, it sounds delicious.

How is this for energy through the morning

How is this for energy through the morning

Keeps me full until lunch and I have no energy issue. My wife has said the same thing.

This is what I brought this morning. 1/3 cup of rolled oats, 1/3 of unsweetened coconut almond milk, one small container of the Yoplait 100 Greek Blueberry yogurt, handful of fresh blueberries.

99711bd8ff763084fbbf1f6c091d9aa5.jpg

437cc121cac8d7f00626ea5ca18a5490.jpg
That looks tasty.

Overnight oats are always a solid breakfast. Good call on this one Rickus

Ok guys jumping in this mix in action today. Going with my basic ideas of what I posted above. My biggest stumbling block is we travel a lot and I work a lot of hours between owning 2 business, I get tired and hungry and grab what I want not what I need. Wish me luck, got about 20 to drop. Currently 6'1" 210lbs. Goal is 190lbs, maybe 185.
There are a great couple of fast food choices while on the go. Chipotle is a great choice and they are practically everywhere. Wendy's, KFC and Taco Bell are also decent choices. If anyone has specific questions feel free to ask

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

You know what's NOT nutritious? The bag of Peanut M&M's I'm eating right now. I really need to get back to working out and eating better. That said, this week isn't going to help. With my birthday on Wednesday and my parents coming to town this weekend. I guess I'll start back again NEXT Tuesday. lol
The nice thing about WW is that you can have all the food you love, in moderation of course. I eat Skittles, cookies, ice cream, etc, but I always make sure to point them. So don't be afraid to eat those peanut M&Ms. Don't let a slip become a slide. When you make a mistake, don't shame yourself, just move on and continue making good choices.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

These are solid. Only 2 points too.

daf9e6467e3efcf34295e3fff72fa5d4.jpg

Anything resembling Cheetos is bad news for me. That entire bag is toast.

Yes, it says Gluten free on the package.
That's awesome. I've heard both pros and cons against going gluten free, and i think i'm going to give it a shot (certainly don't have celiac disease) as i have felt so much better the last 4 weeks without eating any breads of any kind. It's nice to see 'snacks' like this going this direction, so you can at least cut down on the intake.

My wife went gluten free for health reasons as recommend by our physician. She has lost about 10 lbs in a month. She states she has never felt better.

That's awesome! I hope to have a success story like yours some day. Does Numbers own more than 1 shirt?

lol...he has so many he can compete with a rainbow....I asked him to wear the same outfit so it would show the contrast, I am the one who did not have the same color shirt and shorts (they were too big) lol

As a new member I will tell you a story, my weight loss story 4 times over and will keep it short.

As someone who has lost over 110 pounds 4 times in their life (I am 30) and competed in Body Building, I can tell you... 90% of it is nutrition... as in macros (protein, fat, carbs). Yes, lifting and cardio help a good deal.

If you want some input or food for thought, PM me. Glad to chat 1:1 at any point. :)

204.8 this morning, that makes me smile so so so much. Best part is, I can now physically the difference not just in my face but in my core as well.

Still with an 1800/day goal, and I've still yet to feel like I'm missing out on anything and I'm never going hungry. Helps that I've picked up the activ9ry this week too, on days I don't get to walk a round after work I'm going for a jog or walk at home, next week I'm going to increase the yoga as well.

I really think I can be sub 200 by Disney now. That makes me incredibly happy, and even more driven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back