Any exercises to help extend thru impact?

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
Sometimes after I hit my driver, I fold my arms up and don't extend them.
The shot is ok, but the distance and direction suffers.
It doesn't happen all the time.
Does anyone have some drills to help eliminate this?
Thanks

i throw a basketball down my target line thinking it helps keep me on lime, helps me rotate and follow thru, and keep my arms extended. i take my setup, let my arms hang with the ball, rotate and release to the target.

Buy an Impact Snap trainer which will teach you to supinate the left wrist through impact. I bought one for my daughter thinking it would be of zero use to a scratch golfer like me but I couldn't have been more wrong. My hand action through impact has improved and I'm hitting crisper shots, especially on partial wedges.

Put a tall tee 6+ inches down your line and try to hit it on follow through.

If you try to dig the knuckles of you left hand into the turf through impact it will help you to naturally extend down your line. But this is also dependent on you getting off your right side and to your left through impact. If you don’t the arms will fold and your impact will be compromised

Thanks everyone. I'll work on it this weekend.

If you try to dig the knuckles of you left hand into the turf through impact it will help you to naturally extend down your line. But this is also dependent on you getting off your right side and to your left through impact. If you don’t the arms will fold and your impact will be compromised

Thanks for posting this tip. I’ve been struggling with the same early lead arm fold with my driver and this helped out a ton today. Gained yardage and hit em straighter when I put these two things into play.

Back