G/Fore's Transporter II Golf Bag

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

G/FORE's new special edition Transporter II bag is ready to see some serious action in 2018.

The latest version of the popular Transporter (RRP $350) oozes G/FORE's trademark class with an edgy style, which is sure to prove popular with those who are looking for the ultimate in a luxury stand bag.

Customised with tonal logos and quilted patent leather front pockets, initials or a name can also be embroidered on the front pocket to add that extra layer of individuality.

Manufactured by Vessel, it is also brimming with features including a cooler pocket, an inner valuables pocket with two-combination lock, magnetic tee pocket, patented Rotator Stand technology allowing maximum stability and a double equilibrium strap.

There are some nice extra touches too with a genuine leather handle, a ball marker towel ring, premium YKZ zippers with genuine leather pulls and weighs just six pounds (2.7kg).

The first batch of the new edition has already flown off the shelves with new stock expected early in February 2018, where it will be available exclusively on the G/FORE website with international shipping now available.

Having forged its identity on brightly-coloured, high-quality gloves and eye-catching footwear and apparel, the G/FORE brand, created by fashion-industry pioneer Mossimo Giannulli in 2011, has made significant strides in its first few years on the golf scene.

And this latest addition allows golfers to show off even more of their G/FORE style.

Giannulli said: "Our first version of the Transporter was so popular, we were keen to work on a golf bag collaboration with Vessel and we are excited about the new edition. Vessel's innovative golf bags paired with the style principles of G/FORE makes for the perfect combination."

To view the brand's full range of apparel, gloves, shoes and accessories, visit gfore.com

ENDS
Information for journalists
• Mossimo Giannulli - who is married to Full House and Summerland actress Lori Loughlin -founded G/FORE in 2011 after becoming frustrated in his search for colourful and functional golf gloves.
• A fashion industry veteran and avid golfer, Giannulli founded the billion-dollar clothing company Mossimo Inc in 1987 and brokered a first-ever designer-exclusive distribution deal with Minneapolis-based Target Stores in 2000. G/FORE embodies Giannulli's expertise in fashion, passion for golf, and dedication to creating products of unmatched performance and unparalleled style.
• G/FORE's first few years have seen it grow from crafting colourful gloves to also producing premium golf shoes, apparel and accessories for both men and women.
• In just a few short years, the G/FORE brand has been worn by a host of top-level professional golfers, award-winning actors and music industry stars.
• G/FORE golf gloves are worn by professionals every week on the PGA, Champions, European, Japanese and LPGA Tours.
• In spring 2016, Bubba Watson joined G/FORE's line-up of elite ambassadors.

2159086-L.jpg

That’s.....interesting. Not my style, at least not in white.

Cool looking bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the looks of it. Would opt for a color other than white though.

Definitely sharp, premium product. Although I do wonder if they would have better success in the cart bag market versus stand bag. IIRC, 6 pounds is hefty for a stand bag.

I don't love it but don't hate it either. Lot of features for a stand bag and cool story behind the designer

I think it looks great

Definitely sharp, premium product. Although I do wonder if they would have better success in the cart bag market versus stand bag. IIRC, 6 pounds is hefty for a stand bag.

I got one of the vessel stand bags and while it’s not the lightest you get a ton of storage and a premium bag. I think it is perfect for people who push a lot and not so much carry but want the stand at the range etc.

I never carry but always want a stand bag. The light weight stand bags just lack in features for what I am looking for

I really love bags...it appears to have some pretty cool innovation, would like more info regarding pockets comfort features etc...
Hit their website, but I couldn't find anything as of yet.

Sharp looking bag. Seems a little on the heavy side for a carry bag, but it has plenty of great features. I believe that this bag in different colors will do quite good.

It’s nice but too expensive for no clear reason.

I️ like the bag and would rock that with no issues. Would more color options and want to know what kind of top we are working with here.

Made my vessel. That's interesting.

I got one of the vessel stand bags and while it’s not the lightest you get a ton of storage and a premium bag. I think it is perfect for people who push a lot and not so much carry but want the stand at the range etc.

I never carry but always want a stand bag. The light weight stand bags just lack in features for what I am looking for

Cool, makes perfect sense.

High end bag for sure but has anyone ever seen one of these bags on the course?? I've been an extremely avid golfer for many decades and I've never seen this brand, not even at high end resort courses in Hawaii where you would think their demographic vacations and plays golf.

After seeing your whats in the bag I picked one up as well. Only have one round with it so far, but I will be using it exactly as you describe. I mostly walk using a push cart, but hit the range regularly. Very well made bag, I prefer the vessel option (14 way top) but I am sure this G/Fore bag is very well made same as the Vessel bag I have.

Certainly need another color, other than white! And at that price point, I just don't see myself going that direction, too many more budget friendlier options out there.

That bag is BADASS. Seriously.

If I wasn't carrying a HS team bag, I would buy one just based on what I saw with yours at Reunion.

Nice looking. I don't carry anymore though!

Nice looking bag!

Back