Best Dish or Way To Eat Bacon

That's another argument entirely! hahaha

LOL! There really isn't any middle ground in that one either, it's an agree to disagree subject. :D

Does anyone save their bacon grease for cooking later? When I don't have time to deal with frying up bacon, I still have bacon grease to cook my eggs in.

Eggs fried in bacon grease are on another level of goodness!

Does anyone save their bacon grease for cooking later? When I don't have time to deal with frying up bacon, I still have bacon grease to cook my eggs in.

My dad did/does. Haven't had fried eggs at his house in years since I moved out. They always had a coffee cup in the fridge with bacon grease in it. I will from time to time "steal" grease out of the bacon pan and cook my eggs in it.

as a shameful person who thinks bacon is good but overrated, i would say it is best in ice cream. particularly a maple bourbon bacon ice cream.

There is no wrong way to eat bacon, however, kaaaaaayyyyuuuuuulric's is close.

Never a bad time or way of eating bacon

Love a Bacon, Egg and cheese sandwich with MAYO. Just regular bacon by itself is great too, but I have gotten slab bacon before and cut into 1/2" slabs and grilled it and it is wonderful.

JM

my favourite is the bacon sandwich, take a nice tick slice of bacon, put it between two slices of bacon, and dip it in bacon fat.

Thick cut steakhouse style with apple slaw on top from Dino & Harrys in Hoboken, NJ
258s.jpg

i mentioned maple bacon bourbon ice cream, but a close second would be a good blt. white bread, a ripe slocomb tomato, crisp lettuce, and duke's mayo. with a coke. i'll take two please, then a nap.

I make a brown sugar bourbon bacon and jalapeño garlic bacon for my food truck. They pair great with my burger and jerk chicken sandwiches.

Bacon any way is great, but the best is wrapped around a steak, especially from somewhere fancy and you're not paying the bill.

As my wife is vegetarian & I am not - I say any dish & anyway would probably work for me! Love the classic bacon strips with a breakfast combo though.

I make a brown sugar bourbon bacon and jalapeño garlic bacon for my food truck. They pair great with my burger and jerk chicken sandwiches.

I'll be the judge of that. Send two of each please. :alien: Those sound delicious.

Can’t remember the last time I had bacon wrapped steak; I did have bacon wrapped venison last weekend.

The very first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the title of this thread was the Man Candy from Ignite Bistro. Best bacon I've ever had.

My current favorite is bacon with Brussel sprouts. Fry cut up bacon, remove bacon. Cut sprouts in half then cook in the bacon grease. Add bacon back in. Add maybe a teaspoon or two of maple syrup.

Is there really a BAD way to eat bacon?

Best way is to eat bacon is at a buffet.

I still love to dip my bacon in the egg yolks.

Is there really a BAD way to eat bacon?

There is not. Maybe my favorite is combining it with the best hashbrowns topped with some cheddar cheese.

You can order these best on the planet hash browns from the St. Paul Grill in Minnesota with Nueske's bacon and cheddar cheese mixed in.

258s.jpg

I halve jalapenos and take the seeds out and stuff them with a mixture of pressed garlic, cream cheese, and hot pepper cheese then wrap them in bacon and bake them. That is definitely one my favorites......

However, IF I could find bacon wrapped bacon...... well then it would be over!

Back