Best Dish or Way To Eat Bacon

Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich for me. Toast the bread and a little bit of mayonnaise. It was heaven all summer pulling the tomatoes from the garden in the backyard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

If done right, a BLT... otherwise it’s wrapped around any other meat.

Also very yummy wrapped around asparagus or jalapeños filled with cream cheese.

JM

i mentioned maple bacon bourbon ice cream, but a close second would be a good blt. white bread, a ripe slocomb tomato, crisp lettuce, and duke's mayo. with a coke. i'll take two please, then a nap.

Definitely Dukes mayo.That's all a true southerner uses.

The best way to eat bacon by far is between 2 rounds of white bread with a dollop of brown HP sauce!!!!!! Nothing else even comes close!

#FiberLaunch

Jalapeño filled with cream cheese, topped with a slice of venison tenderloin, wrapped in bacon and grilled low and slow.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My current favorite is bacon with Brussel sprouts. Fry cut up bacon, remove bacon. Cut sprouts in half then cook in the bacon grease. Add bacon back in. Add maybe a teaspoon or two of maple syrup.

Sounds quite good. You may want to try this - it uses pancetta instead of bacon. I copied it because the link is not https://. So far, no one we've served, not even the pickiest eater - has turned away from these:

Bumped-Up Brussels Sprouts

Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri
Shows: Food Network Specials and Guy's Big Bite
Episodes: All-Star Holiday and Guy's Holiday Spread

Total:35 minPrep: 10 minCook: 25 min
Yield: 4 servings
Level: Easy
Ingredients

6 ounces pancetta, big dice
4 tablespoons capers, drained
2 pints Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup currants
1/4 cup raisins

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium pan over medium heat, cook the pancetta and capers. Remove from the pan, reserving a little of the pancetta fat in the pan. Add the Brussels sprouts to the pan and cook over medium heat to begin to brown. Dress with balsamic and olive oil, a little salt (capers and pancetta are salty) and pepper. Place into the oven and roast, tossing a couple of times, until nicely caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes.

Put the pine nuts in a small, dry, saute pan and toast over a low flame, tossing a couple of times, just until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.

Once the sprouts are ready, remove them from the oven and put into a big serving bowl. Add the pancetta, the capers, pine nuts, currants and raisins. Toss and check for seasoning. Serve.

Personally I don't think you can beat a simple bacon and egg sandwich

Grill the bacon, fry an egg (yolk has to be runny still) and serve in a bread bun

Could always add tomato ketchup if you like as it adds to the flavour when mixed with the egg yolk

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Did someone say bacon?

3de96ba905febc48832b49cce18864b2.jpg

5b9e3ba539729077eaf723fd80942f07.jpg

8lbs of pork belly curing for smoking Sunday and Monday.

Did someone say bacon?

3de96ba905febc48832b49cce18864b2.jpg

5b9e3ba539729077eaf723fd80942f07.jpg

8lbs of pork belly curing for smoking Sunday and Monday.

Doing it yourself takes bacon to a level store bought can't go. I love making my own.

Doing it yourself takes bacon to a level store bought can't go. I love making my own.

I’ve been threatened for serving store bought after I made my own. I do love homemade bacon. Nice really thick cuts.

The best bit is pulling it out of the smoker and eating the ends that have to cut off to square the slab up. I can’t wait for Sunday. ?

Fried in a pan - chewy, not crispy

I like to take thick cut (peppered optional) and cook it on the grill. While cooking, slather in your favorite BBQ sauce. Turn often and slather a little BBQ on every turn. Finish on top rack of grill with a couple more turn/slathers. remove onto plate and slather one final time. allow to cool so BBQ sauce congeals into a thick tangy sweet smokey bacon heaven in a bite!

I love it on a Swiss cheeseburger and crumbled over a salad.

Butt Busters!

(Bacon wrapped, cream cheese filled jalapeños).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back