Best Dish or Way To Eat Bacon

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
It seems bacon is a fan favorite. What is your favorite way to make it or dish to include it in?

Dish wise, I love it on a hamburger. The combination of beef and crispy bacon is just incredible.

I also love the "Man Candy" (picture included) we had at #TheKing with THP and Callaway. Sweet, hot, salty and so, so good!

So whatcha got?
8aff92e676e68445c36e065abd5c9187.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

as a shameful person who thinks bacon is good but overrated, i would say it is best in ice cream. particularly a maple bourbon bacon ice cream.

I just like fried bacon. I don't like it on a filet because if a filet needs bacon, it's not a good filet!

Hamburgers are always better with bacon. Mom used to mix it with green beans.

as a shameful person who thinks bacon is good but overrated, i would say it is best in ice cream. particularly a maple bourbon bacon ice cream.
That is one interesting combo!

I just like fried bacon. I don't like it on a filet because if a filet needs bacon, it's not a good filet!

Hamburgers are always better with bacon. Mom used to mix it with green beans.
I agree! I hate steak wrapped in bacon. Just doesn't work for me.

My absolute favorite way to eat bacon is just a bacon, fried egg, and cheese on toast with Miacle Whip. Just eating a few slices of fried bacon is never bad either in my book.

I agree with you do not wrap a good steak with bacon. As for how to eat it, Kroger has a thick cut maple, brown sugar hickory smoked that's awesome just fried.
Also love a good BLT.

I love bacon any way I can get it, but one of my faves is bacon wrapped water chestnuts in a crockpot with bbq sauce.

Millionaire's Bacon at Taylor Street Coffee Shop in San Francisco:
millionaire-s-bacon.jpg

Double Cut House Bacon at 18 Oaks in San Antonio:
920x920.jpg
920x920.jpg
satjw_18oaks_phototour08_s.jpg

Bacon Burnt Ends at Heim Barbeque in Fort Worth:
Heim-Burnt-Ends-07.jpg

Quick answer - my two more frequent uses of bacon

Scrambled egg and bacon in a flour tortilla with pico de gallo

Honey Bastard Pizza - DFW gourmet restaurant with 4 locations (Cane Rosso) makes a pizza with bacon-marmalade with real bacon, spicy soprasetta, smoked mozz, thin crust, and a touch of honey around the edges of the crust - goes well with Revolver Beer.

And then give me a thick slice like North Country Bacon by itself or with a homemade Belgian Waffle - syrup/strawberries/blueberries on the waffle.

Sunny side up and maple bacon for me. I will eat it on a hamburger, but never a steak.

That sounds REALLY tasty!

I love bacon any way I can get it, but one of my faves is bacon wrapped water chestnuts in a crockpot with bbq sauce.

Those don't look burnt. Those look like PERFECTION!

Bacon Burnt Ends at Heim Barbeque in Fort Worth:
Heim-Burnt-Ends-07.jpg
[/QUOTE]

straight up fried bacon. I can eat a half pound by itself...

Fresh and hot out of the skillet!!

Bacon is awesome anyway I can get it. Awesome dipped in maple syrup on a Sunday morning after church with a mimosa and my wife.

Fresh and hot out of the skillet!!

Yep, cooled just enough not to burn my fingers or tongue. Which means just long enough to empty the bacon from the pan onto a plate. For some reason only about 3 piece actually make it to the table for breakfast if I'm cooking it. Not sure how that happens.

Wrapped around a meatloaf is a family favorite. Home cured maple out of the pan is also a huge winner.

Best way. Cook it in the oven and eat it on its own with a bit of white vinegar.

Best way. Cook it in the oven and eat it on its own with a bit of white vinegar.

I make it in the oven all the time. It is so easy and tastes great with minimal clean up. Pass on the vinegar

I make it in the oven all the time. It is so easy and tastes great with minimal clean up. Pass on the vinegar

You would be surprised. Aimie thought the same thing now she's hooked. It cuts through the fat and brightens the flavour.

My absolute favorite way to eat bacon is just a bacon, fried egg, and cheese on toast with Miracle Whip. Just eating a few slices of fried bacon is never bad either in my book.
That's another argument entirely! hahaha

Is there a wrong way to eat bacon? The correct answer is NO.

I make a pasta dish that has bacon in it and its hard to stop eating! Everything is better with bacon!

Does anyone save their bacon grease for cooking later? When I don't have time to deal with frying up bacon, I still have bacon grease to cook my eggs in.

Does anyone save their bacon grease for cooking later? When I don't have time to deal with frying up bacon, I still have bacon grease to cook my eggs in.

My grandma does that and those eggs are DELICIOUS! She'll leave the grease in there for days.

Oh yeah. Especially back bacon because it's so lean.

Back