Attachments

• johnny-manziel-celebration.jpg
    johnny-manziel-celebration.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 0
OK, since 1980:

1. Hershel
2. Bo
3. Tie between 2 Texas guys - Ricky Williams and Vince Young

Cam Newton as one of the best ever? Now that is funny...One year, a good year, but not even a great year at a historic level. If one year is all it takes, Barry Sanders blows his out of the water by about 100 times.
I think most would agree Cam was much better in his one year than any of Tebows, despite his total TDs being a bit lower. I understand your argument, but the difference between him and Barry are their were no poor seasons, he had a phenomenal one then went to the NFL.
That Florida team was great. He fit the system just like Run and Shoot QB's. Put Bo, Herschel, Deion, etc on different teams and they are still stellar. Put Tebow on a team that needs a QB to actually throw the ball and he is riding the bench (just like the NFL). He found his niche and good for him, but I wouldn't call him the greatest college QB much less player. I would put Vince Young, Michael Vick, Carson Palmer, Ty Detmer, Doug Flutie among others over Tebow.

Florida won those championships not Tebow.
He did his job better than almost anyone else for 3 years. I disagree that because he doesn't fit every scheme that it means he wasn't very good.

This guy gets my vote. Shame he has been such a disappointment at the next level.

He got shut down by a Big Ten team in a bowl game, he's got that working against him.

Brian Bosworth was pretty decent

The BOZ! Dude was an animal!

Now I'm not as "seasoned" as some of you other fellas around here :alien:

So I didn't get to see most of the guys on that list play, or understand how good they were so my vote right now would be Tebow. He dominated the sport while he was in college.

For me I know he was hurt most of college career, but when he was healthy I've never seen someone run the football like Adrian Peterson did in college. He did absolute work!

Reggie Bush was pretty damn good at USC too. He was apart of arguably the best college football team of all time IMO.

For the record, I am a Notre Dame fanatic and the fact that Brady Quinn's name is in this thread is just beyond hilarious.

First, it was amazing that the Hogs even went to a bowl game under Houston Nutt...ever.

Second, D-Mac ran for nearly 100 yards that game but was absent for part of the 3rd quarter with a shoulder injury. Thankfully Felix Jones ran for 150 yds and 2 TDs against that powerhouse defense.

Third, D-Mac ran for 1,647 yds that season.

Fourth...we got ya coach now son!!! :banana:
Hahaha, I think Wisconsin fans thank you for taking Burt off their hands.

First, it was amazing that the Hogs even went to a bowl game under Houston Nutt...ever.

Second, D-Mac ran for nearly 100 yards that game but was absent for part of the 3rd quarter with a shoulder injury. Thankfully Felix Jones ran for 150 yds and 2 TDs against that powerhouse defense.

Third, D-Mac ran for 1,647 yds that season.

Fourth...we got ya coach now son!!! :banana:

I don't get to do this much. So I'm taking my shot.

First. It's amazing Bielema ever won a bowl game...ever.

Second. Scoreboard.

Third. Scoreboard.

Fourth. How's that coach working out for you?

Everyone of them I've talked to seems pretty bitter about it. :)

Seriously, I'm glad we've got him here. He's an outstanding coach and has done some great things in the community. Now we need the Hogs to win some dang games!
If 2-14 in the sec makes you glad he is there then I'm happy your happy.

If I was the AD he would have left town with Toledo.

Before opening the thread and reading the list, my thought was either Hershel or Bo. Both pretty close. Slight nod to Walker.

Toss up between Dion and Herschel. Tebow and Woodson aren't in the same zipcode.

My first thought was Walker. But, every time I see Bo's name, I just marvel at what he was able to do. Bo, Hershel, Deion. 1a, 1a, 1a.

Tebow probably had the best post-80 season ever as a QB. But, I wouldn't take him over the 3 others.

Barry had the greatest college season ever. But, he didn't have the greatest college career.

Sanders sounds like a good choice for sure.

Herschel Walker
Earl Campbell
Barry Sanders

Bo knows. I just wish I could have seen him play in person.

A lot of good posts in here but not a mention of Mike Vick doesn't make sense to me.

Bo
Sanders
Walker
Woodson
Tebow

Herschel Walker
Earl Campbell
Barry Sanders
Earl was pre 19i80 but he was a stud.
Post 1980 I don't see how Adrian Peterson is not on the list

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 was our options and 16 you named every player to ever play.

Post 1 was our options? I thought those were JB's choices. Not the end all to the possibilities.

Back