Are you a Showroomer? Do you buy golf equipment locally or online?

i don't think i have purchased a club at a big box store in a few years. it's either ebay, or a fitter, or thp. so i guess i'm mostly a showroomer. sorry not sorry.

I have tried to deal with the local one on clubs quite a few times but we can never agree on prices! They want retail of course and I don't pay retail so we don't seem to be able to deal. I do deal with them for grips, loft bending, etc and use their range for practice but for clubs, golf balls, gloves, etc. I can find a much, much better deal online thanks to discount codes and sales!

I try anything before I buy it, which means I'm visiting a store somewhere during the process. I'm willing to pay a little more for an in store purchase if I get great customer service, or even just for them providing the venue for me to test something out. The problem is they are rarely only a little more expensive.

The vast majority of my browsing and testing happens at the PGA store. Their prices are almost always significantly higher than somewhere like Budget Golf. I get that their overhead is much higher, so I wouldn't be bothered if they were $25-$50 more expensive on a set of irons than an online option. That's rarely the case, though. For instance, the irons I'm pondering right now are $175 (plus tax) more in store than they are on Budget Golf. There's just no way they're providing me with $175 worth of service on that purchase, so there's no way I'd buy them there.

I buy all my golf stuff at Puetz golf here in Seattle. Big benefit is they have a real driving range, when you hit clubs you can see the flight. I find the prices are about the same as online and they often have sales. They also have good fitters and have lessons with a PGA pro. And a real grass putting green.

Little of both. Depends on the deal and also if I'm trading something in. VERY unlikely to buy locally unless I'm doing a trade-in.
+1 this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back