Throwback Thursday - Tour Edge Lift Off Iron-Wood

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Introduced in May of 1999, The Tour Edge Lift Off Iron-Wood would be one Tour Edge’s first entry into the fast growing market of hybrids in the late 90’s. Engineered with a 50-gram copper-tungsten sole to promote a low CG, it was available in multiple lofts. It proved popular enough that Tour Edge in the year 2000 introduced a Tour version featuring no offset and a slightly smaller footprint.

ijqXP2d.gif

uITI2jw.gif

HOixiJq.jpg

d6H9wOo.jpg

y7ErbbS.jpg

The Revolution Has Begun!

It's the shape of things to come. A revolutionary new technology! It's unique, inspiring, and will change the way the game of golf is played. It's an exceptional concept in golf equipment. It's called the Iron-Wood and it will become your favorite club!

This new, high-tech, utility club will greatly improve your long iron play. Utilizing multi-metal technology, the Iron-Wood makes long approach shots easy! Imagine being able to hit your 3 iron as easily as your 7 iron. Discover the thrill of Lift-Off by taking your long iron play to the next level with the Lift-Off Iron-Wood by Tour Edge.

Taking technology to the next level, the Iron-Wood features Tour Edge Golf's patented Lift-Off Sole! This amazing sole design gives you maximum forgiveness on long approach shots by minimizing turf drag. In essence, the sole's heel and toe have been shaved away to create a smaller contact point at the center of the sole. This allows the Iron-Wood to cut a shallower divot and offer you deadly accuracy from tight lies, heavy grass, and even fairway bunkers.

The Iron-Wood's 50 gram copper-tungsten sole insert and forgiving hollow body construction give it the lowest center of gravity (CG) available in an iron. Conventional long irons have a CG that is to high, resulting in a low flight pattern and little forgiveness on off-center hits. The Iron-Wood's super-low CG provides a higher, more controlled ball flight. The super-thin maraging steel face is harder than titanium producing explosive power on impact and an exceptionally solid feel. Now with the Iron-Wood, it's easy to hit longer, high-lofted shots that land gently near the pin.

1. Super-Thin maraging steel face for better rebound properties than titanium, producing maximum distance, and providing an exceptionally solid feel.

2. Hollow, 17-4 stainless steel shell provides maximum perimeter weighting for a huge sweet spot and greater accuracy.

3. High-tech, 50 gram copper-tungsten sole insert places mass below the ball to give you a higher flight pattern and increased spin to stop the ball on a dime.

enkF2wX.png

20 years from now, i wonder which clubs released in 2017 we will look back and think, "good lord those were hideous" but right now we are all drooling over them.

Like it, and cool to see this club type making a comeback (I consider it more of a driving iron).

Swear to God I just had mine re-gripped. I'm going to use it as a weighted club to build up club speed as part of my GD prep
I've hit it a couple of times - It's a beast of a club. I have the same 3i as well.

I have a sledge hammer in the shed that has a similar head shape and is probably as forgiving :bulgy-eyes:

20 years from now, i wonder which clubs released in 2017 we will look back and think, "good lord those were hideous" but right now we are all drooling over them.
Blades will look the same...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I remember when I first started playing golf I had one of these to replace my 2 or 3 iron.

Reminds me of my 588 Altitudes !!

Well that looks terrible.

Not so different from address than the original Mashie. Mine are absolute hammers with PX steel shafts. Too bad they have so much offset.

The Lift Off looks like it would be a fun club. Though for me the 16° might be best used as a windy day club aka "wormburner".

Not so different from address than the original Mashie. Mine are absolute hammers with PX steel shafts. Too bad they have so much offset.
Try the Tour Mashie. Same great club with no offset.

The Lift Off looks like it would be a fun club. Though for me the 16° might be best used as a windy day club aka "wormburner".

Try the Tour Mashie. Same great club with no offset.
I actually have them too, what kind of a club 'ho do you take me for?

I actually have them too, what kind of a club 'ho do you take me for?
My "ho'ing" isn't just limited to putters. We have a certain standard to uphold being THPers after all...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Funny, I was kind of thinking the same thing reading the op. I wish I had a larger budget to try more of these as I'm not in love with hybrids.

How about the new version

How about the new version

Me likes

Attachments

• TE iron wood.png
    TE iron wood.png
    95 KB · Views: 2
Back