The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have too many scheduling conflicts in my life. Every time I schedule something, something else comes up almost immediately. This ranges from business travel to having family events conflicting with THP events I wish I could attend.

d86471ab02f63dad6e8b6d2bf3c6e12f.jpg

This house has power, so this is inexcusable. It's 88 outside and it's refreshing compared to this.

Is it stuck in neutral?

Dude steps in elevator as its closing, proceeds to drop ass, and then gets off on the next floor. Really? My life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude steps in elevator as its closing, proceeds to drop ass, and then gets off on the next floor. Really? My life.

Was it Mike?

Was it Mike?

Happened so fast I didn't get a chance to look. Now that you mention it...he did have that receding hair line.

Happened so fast I didn't get a chance to look. Now that you mention it...he did have that receding hair line.

And he let's them go, also a lot worse when he eats eggs

I have a difficult time understanding how not being able to complete a project on time is the fault of employees when:
A) No drawings are available for construction of said project
B) When drawings are available, they have multiple errors, so still no drawings
C) Management schedules said project for an un-reachable deadline
D) No assistance is available to workers. When help is requested, they are told to "figure it out"

I don't get it. I just don't.

Cancer took a brave, strong and brilliant life today. Mary Elizabeth Paris was only 12 years old. She had battled leukemia for well over a year. She had 2 bone marrow transplants, countless numbers of procedures, pain that I can't even imagine and she did it with such tenacity and grace that it was hard to understand how she did it all. She fought until the very end, but last night she passed away. I only met her a couple times and never did get to see her after she got diagnosed with cancer, but I kept up with her fight on Facebook and through her Aunt and Uncle who are very good friends of my wife and I. I can't imagine the pain that Mary Elizabeth's parents, little brother, little sister and the rest of the family are feeling today. I ask that if you are some one that prays that you will join me in praying for this family. Prayers that God will heal their broken hearts and grant them peace as well as understanding. If you aren't someone that prays, then I ask you to send positive thoughts and vibes to this family. Thank you!!

Link about Mary Elizabeth and her fight:
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/2015/09/02/goodbye-mary-elizabeth/71565598/

Such a thoughtful and loving tribute. My sincere condolences, thoughts and prayers for you and the entire family. God Bless.

JM

We got a guy at work who does this in meetings. Doesn't even phase him. People dying on the other side of the desk and no reaction whatsoever.

Not gonna lie I would find it hysterical.

I'm like a child though.

Can't sleep and I leave for airport in 2.5 hrs. Ugh makes for a long first day at home.

330 wake ups.

Just had a meeting booked almost 2 months ago back out last minute, then got the call from a 15 year client that they're leaving for a competitor in order to save $100/month on a monthly invoice of $1800+.

But what burns me the most was them being told some untruths about service and performance. Not much pisses me off at work more than sales reps who lie. They just make my life harder, and when the client figures it out (usually pretty quickly) it's too late to do anything about it.

I feel for you Russ. When I bought our telecom system for my last hotel. Had some misinformation passed on by the sales guy. Who coincidentally I could never get to call me back after the. Intractable was signed. Fortunately the tech I dealt with was great in all areas and became my go to guy. Poor guy

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie I would find it hysterical.

I'm like a child though.

Where are you staying for the Gauntlet?

I feel for you Russ. When I bought our telecom system for my last hotel. Had some misinformation passed on by the sales guy. Who coincidentally I could never get to call me back after the. Intractable was signed. Fortunately the tech I dealt with was great in all areas and became my go to guy. Poor guy

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

My absolute #1 rule for new reps when I hire them is DO NOT LIE TO THE CLIENT. Unfortunately that's not the case with other carriers, and then when my client sees dirt low pricing plus hears a bunch of BS, it's tough to counter because in the back of their mind what they really latch onto is the price. Then the install comes, and all of a sudden either A) the price skyrockets, or B) they realize they suddenly have a lot less service than they were expecting.

I cannot wait to get a few more reps in house so I can break up my client base and give it to them & just do full time marketing and management. After 15+ years, I am just done with dealing with client stupidity.

As most have probably seen, a police officer was killed in Fox Lake Illinois this week, only a few minutes from my home. The area has been loaded with police and helicopters and news crews. It's been an intense and sad time around the area since it happened. Last night there were 2 vigils held for the fallen officer. Things were calming down a bit.

Then later last night things got ramped up to insane levels when someone reported an attempted car jacking by those matching the description of those that killed the cop. There was another 5 hour man hunt just down the street with helicopters and many already exhausted police from areas all over.... I finally turned off the scanner and fell asleep around 2am. This morning I wake up to find that the person reporting the car jacking and such made up the whole story for attention from the family she babysits for.....Wtf is wrong with people?!?!

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150903/news/150909673/

As most have probably seen, a police officer was killed in Fox Lake Illinois this week, only a few minutes from my home. The area has been loaded with police and helicopters and news crews. It's been an intense and sad time around the area since it happened. Last night there were 2 vigils held for the fallen officer. Things were calming down a bit.

Then later last night things got ramped up to insane levels when someone reported an attempted car jacking by those matching the description of those that killed the cop. There was another 5 hour man hunt just down the street with helicopters and many already exhausted police from areas all over.... I finally turned off the scanner and fell asleep around 2am. This morning I wake up to find that the person reporting the car jacking and such made up the whole story for attention from the family she babysits for.....Wtf is wrong with people?!?!

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20150903/news/150909673/
Pretty effed up isn't it? I passed out at midnight listening to the scanner. Glad I did...

I'm hoping there are some kind of charges leveled at her for the gigantic waste of time of the police and making everyone tense again. These people need to be taught a lesson. by 'these people' i mean the type of 'humanity' that thinks its necessary to call 911 when their chicken mcnuggets are cold or attention seekers like this....

Working last night I heard a pop in my left elbow, today I can hardly move my arm.

Love getting old....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back