What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 80 (40-40) at Coyote Creek in Surrey (Par 65)... Ended with 35 putts, 7 GIR and 54.5% FIR. Photo below was a drive right in the middle of the fairway, let's just say that it was wet!

image_zpsuspjwcmt.jpeg

44/39 for 83 at the home course. Cold day and couldn't get a feel for short game with two gloves on

Best round in months on a blustery Nj fall day: +6 76 (38/38)

Ok off the tee, never in too much trouble and was getting great distance. Best iron striking all season. No three putts, 1 birdie and no doubles

I was able to get out with a vendor today for a quick round and shot a 78, it seems to be a number that pops up regularly now.

The positive is that I was striping the ball with the irons today, I had a few tugs left but I think I need to go a degree flatter on the lie angle.
You still playing the RSi's?

48/45 93 with 10 penalty strokes. Putting wasn't terrible but I left at least three putts on the edge. Including two birdie attempts.
Oh well, it's still a great day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89. Played some good golf in spurts, was very happy with my short game, but tee game was blah and 3w was also off. It was a fun time though.

I had a very solid 1 under 71 today with 3 birdies and 2 bogies, including the 18th hole. I really only missed a couple shots although I didn't hit many approach shots inside of 25 feet. I'm very pleased that all the work I've been doing to change my swing is starting to show up on the course!

Shot a 84 today. Had at least 4-5 putts lip out, they just were not dropping also first time putting the Alpha 815 into play, i hit some good drives with it but still need to dial it in properly. Ive got used to the Cobra sound and the 815 sounds totally different, alot more muffled.

I played my 3rd round of the year yesterday!

After a 2.5 year layoff due to hip problems and ultimately a hip replacement, I finally played twice in the late spring, shooting an 80 at Gordon Lakes in Augusta, and a 79 at Indian Mound at Jekyll Island. I didn't play golf all summer (I did hit balls at the range twice, last time in early August), purely for economic reasons.

Yesterday I got out with my boss and a guy who sells to us and a friend of his. It was a gorgeous day, sunny - low 70's - light breeze. We played at Rocky Branch near Lincolnton, GA. It was a great group to play with, lots of laughs and just a great afternoon. I started out with 11 straight pars before bogeying #12, but redeemed that with a wedge to 5 feet and a birdie at #13. Unfortunately at #15 I capped a poorly played hole with a 3 putt for a double bogey, but parred in for a pretty sweet 36/38-74. I feel like a golfer again!

41/39 for an 80.

41/40 for an 81 today. Drove the ball pretty well but didn't hit many greens and putting on aerated greens is starting to drive me nuts

43/38 for 81. Same greens as PhillyV. Diver was a bit off but that might be because it was the first time in play for the GBB with my new HZRDUS shaft!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Funny these are all in a row...shot 37/44 for an 81. Played very consistent golf all day considering I hadn't hit a ball in six weeks or so. One drive OB on 13 killed the sub 80 watch, but still my second best round of all time.

43/39

Too little, too late.

43, 43. Three putting the last three holes kinda left a sour taste. :at-wits-end:

40/41 81 today with four 3-putts. Oof.

Wind was furious, rain was bad at times and there were evil pin-positions intended for a Halloween tournament.

Funny these are all in a row...shot 37/44 for an 81. Played very consistent golf all day considering I hadn't hit a ball in six weeks or so. One drive OB on 13 killed the sub 80 watch, but still my second best round of all time.

Me, PhillyV, and hickerad all played together too haha. Snagged that 1 stroke win.

Great round for you though!

Me, PhillyV, and hickerad all played together too haha. Snagged that 1 stroke win.

Great round for you though!

Thanks...certainly sounds like some great play in y'alls group today too.

Look at this guy...right off the bench and goes low...way to go

Had my lowest 9 hole score ever with a 32 on the front 9 today! 4 birdies and no bogeys. The near perfect, for me, ball striking went back to normal after 11 and ended up making 2 bogeys on the back for a 38 on that side and 2 under 70 for the round. Most disappointing thing is I got stupid on 18 by trying to play it safe for a par to end up with a 69 and bogeyed it. Still thrilled with the overall round though!

Last edited:
Look at this guy...right off the bench and goes low...way to go

Thanks...trying to remind those 2016 captains that I'm not resting on my HoF laurels

43/40 for 83. At Braelinn in Peachtree City. Blue angels flew over the course for the last hour while preforming an air show nearby. Really cool round.

Didn't think I was going to get to play today but managed to get it in. Round snuck my trend to 9.8 so I'll barely stay in the single digits.

8 fwy, 6 GIR, 29 putts (one 3-putt), 2 penalties (1 OB an 1 water hazard)
11 pars, 4 bogeys, 2 doubles, 1 triple

Last edited:
40/41 81 today with four 3-putts. Oof.

Wind was furious, rain was bad at times and there were evil pin-positions intended for a Halloween tournament.
Playing with this guy and shot 43/49 = 92 with 7/14 FW, 35 putts, and 2, count em, 2 GIR at North Bellingham. Was fighting the wind ok on the front, but the teeth of wind tore me a new one on the first 3 holes of the back, plus I had two uncharacteristic topped balls into the sh** which cost me a quick 4 strokes. Overall not totally awful considering the wind and the filthy pins, but definitely disappointing considering I've posted low 80's in foul weather here before.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

42/47-89.

Really challenging weather conditions and I struggled off the tee...that overshadowed really solid iron play and great lag putting.

Interesting day. Opened up with a god awful 49(+13). Minimized big mistakes and shot 42(+6) on the back for 91. Played another 9 and shot 41 (+5) with a bad double on 7 and 3 putt bogey on 8. That was on the 9 that I shot +13 on earlier. Interesting day on the course to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back