Unofficial THP Gathering: MA 2015

Well, I just learned that Periscope videos expire, so I don't have to hunt down whoever owns the video of me missing the ball on the first tee...so there's a plus.

yup they expire after 24 hours. But hey we've all been there buddy. Besides your ball did go farther than Pete's did #BraggingRights

yeah, but it didn't kick up quite as much dust.....Miraculously, both our balls were sitting pretty in the middle of the fairway....

yup they expire after 24 hours. But hey we've all been there buddy. Besides your ball did go farther than Pete's did #BraggingRights
Hey! That was my best tee ball of the day!

yeah, but it didn't kick up quite as much dust.....Miraculously, both our balls were sitting pretty in the middle of the fairway....
That's how I/we roll​ (see what I did there).

Really just getting down to computer since getting back from this. Just wanted to throw out a few thoughts.

First off thanks to Alex and Rob for throwing all this together. Really was an enjoyable day from beginning to end. Red Tail was quite the course.

My group for the day was OITW(Alex), Bcape9(Bill), and OrangeCrush72(Mike). Alex and I have teed it up before when he was on his way to winning the Bridgestone Championship last year. He must view me as good luck or something. Of course there is always the chance he wanted to see if I could still putt. Always fun to tee it up with the man and as we talked throughout the round it's pretty clear we have similar games. Bill and Mike were using this as their first ever gathering/event with THP members. I thought that was pretty damn awesome of them, and I know there were others throughout the larger group that were doing the same thing. Mike can hit the ball a country mile with a nice high draw, I'm pretty jealous of those talents. I don't know what his score was for the day but it had to be good because it seemed like he was in control on every hole. Bill was my cart buddy for the day. He's a left which prohibited be from taking swipes with his AP1 irons. We had lots of good conversations both about life on and outside of THP. Bill was pretty interested in the events that go on so we touched on that. Also, he is one hell of a caddie. Since I like to talk through shots at times, he mentioned that I should probably club up on this one approach. He was right as I stuck one 5 feet left of the hole for a birdie. Thanks caddie!

After the round we all congregated on the back deck overlooking the 18th. There were lots of laughs and stories being told. Ray and I talked about how we were ready to dominate the THP Invitational at Lyman Orchards and how are day was basically done after the 3rd hole. Another quick shout out to CMedina84 who made it in to the Wilson Staff event, I know he was pretty excited about the opportunity when chatting about it after the round.

Finished the night off with some burrito's with Pete and Chris(Philly Golf Guy). The ride back home was a lot more pleasant than it was on the way out. Discovered how amazing Auntie Anne's Cheese stuffed pretzel bites are. Great, now am I hungry.

Anyone up for a fall gathering? Thinking later in October before we all head into hibernation...

Absa friggin lutely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooooh possibly - I have personal days

Keep me down here in CT in the loop! I'll be in Chicago the weekend of Oct 9 but I'd like to get a round in with some fellow THPers before indoor carpet golf starts in my house.

I think you know my answer to this... We could all make the trek out to western mass and met up with the New Yorkers again... And I would love another crack at the ranch...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quite possibly if all the stars align.

I would definitely be in for this

Details...

Depending on the weekend, I would definitely be interested!

Count me in, hopefully.

Always interested

September is out for me, pretty sure October is wide open. Whoever's interested, throw out some dates and let's see where it goes

Are we thinking weekend or weekday?

We did a weekend thing last year, but I'm able to play midweek if anyone else wants to get together. Courses I must play before end of the season include Pine Hills, Connecticut National and The Ranch

Ill be the monkey wrench. I could play October 3,4,8,11,17,18,22, and 31st. I have a ****** work schedule.

10/10 & 10/11, 10/17 & 10/18 are looking good for me. 11/1 too.

OK, I'll start tracking the dates all come back with and we'll see how it shakes out. Thanks!

10/17 or 10/24 could work, depends on when I book my honeymoon

I may be in based on my daughters band competition schedule if it's a weekend round. If it's during the week I should be able to get the day off.

Back