I had to pause the telecast for a phone call earlier and just finished watching. WOW what great golf today. Especially Wie, and Stanford taking it to SP.

Just realized Wie was 8 under today. That was dominant.
Kerr birdied 8 or 9 holes at one stretch.

There was phenomenal golf on both sides. Makes the comeback that much sweeter - they earned it.

This is how the US used to win these things. Hang around in the team matches and dominate the singles.

My predictions are always so good . :beat-up:

SP's Twitter feed is not a friendly place right now. Geez.

Just getting caught up, can't believe I missed so much awesome action!! What a comeback, I wish I can catch some replays. Wie won her match 6&4? That's pretty awesome for her.

Congrats to the USA. It's amazing what a truly motivated team can accomplish.

Amazing golf! Way to go, USA! Karma, SP.

SP's Twitter feed is not a friendly place right now. Geez.
I am going to be interested to see how Petersen is received at the next couple of tournaments in the States.

Interesting situation. The commentators don't seem to think it's a huge deal and they're saying Lee should never have picked it up. Dammit I wish I could of watched it

What am I missing?

Chamblee saying Chamblee stuff.

Basically calling SP the scapegoat of an Alison Lee rookie mistake.

What am I missing?
I didn't get to watch it but I guess they're still discussing whether Europe did anything wrong or if Lee simply made a rookie mistake by picking it up. They seem to think Lee screwed up

Interesting situation. The commentators don't seem to think it's a huge deal and they're saying Lee should never have picked it up. Dammit I wish I could of watched it
Chamblee and Duval are pretty adamant that Lee was 100% wrong and SP is being made the scapegoat. I really couldn't disagree more.

Oh man, intoxicated fan with crazy eyes. Can't unsee.

As wrong as Lee was for picking up the putt, what the heck were the Euros doing walking to the next hole?

2015 Solheim Cup

I am going to be interested to see how Petersen is received at the next couple of tournaments in the States.

Lot of "Class/Style/USA" Chants...

In her backswing

From what I've read, Lee thought she heard a concession and it might have been someone in the crowd. Apparently Lincicome was shouting at her not to pick it up. To confuse things, everyone had already started to walk to the next hole, so Lee also construed from that the 18 inch putt was conceded. Lee definitely should have made sure the putt was conceded before picking up but everyone should have remained at the hole until he putted out. More generally, even if she had not already conceded the putt, SP's conduct lacked the general sportsmanship the game is trying to promote, especially with an 18 inch putt. SP/Hull end up winning the next hole and the match.

Regardless of that incident, this SC was exciting to watch and was team match play at its most compelling.

Chamblee saying Chamblee stuff.

Basically calling SP the scapegoat of an Alison Lee rookie mistake.

Chamblee reminds me of the teacher from The Peanuts cartoon.

Lee messed up. No one on the green including her partner heard that the putt was conceded. Lee assumed it was good because she saw her competitor's walking off the green.
Rookie made a rookie mistake.

I didn't get to watch it but I guess they're still discussing whether Europe did anything wrong or if Lee simply made a rookie mistake by picking it up. They seem to think Lee screwed up
I agree with BC and DD. Lee made a boo boo. But Pettersen/Hull should have conceded the putt.

But in the end, it's water under the bridge

Out of curiosity. Say Lee putts it out and the Euros don't witness it. Does the putt count ?

From what I've read, Lee thought she heard a concession and it might have been someone in the crowd. Apparently Lincicome was shouting at her not to pick it up. To confuse things, everyone had already started to walk to the next hole, so Lee also construed from that the 18 inch putt was conceded. Lee definitely should have made sure the putt was conceded before picking up but everyone should have remained at the hole until she putted out. More generally, even if she had not already conceded the putt, SP's conduct lacked the general sportsmanship the game is trying to promote, especially with an 18 inch putt. SP/Hull end up winning the next hole and the match.

Regardless of that incident, this SC was exciting to watch and was team match play at its most compelling.

This my feelings on the matter. If you want the competitor to putt out you should stick around. It doesn't make a bit of sense imo. And Chamblee needs a good ole fashion arse whupping. The dude rubs me the wrong way.

Back