Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy with that carry # some days with my driver LOL

6a0b4f2e86368a977920d2f4db6fbe5b.jpg
4b85fe2a11ee531d932491ad1494f708.jpg

Want to try some recoil shaft so I went to GOLFSMITH today and tried the recoil 680 F4 shafts. They feel surprisingly good and paired with the Callaway Apex it was a bombing combo it but the launch angle was REALLY low. I thought these would tend to launch much higher. I moved the ball forward in the stance and was able to get launch up to 20° but from my understanding that's still way too low for a 6i. Any suggestions?? ( all shots were with a 6i)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at your peak height though, solid numbers there, regardless of the launch angle they are getting to a nice HIGH apex.

Now that the Heavenwood is ordered, ponder mode commences again.

Want to try some recoil shaft so I went to GOLFSMITH today and tried the recoil 680 F4 shafts. They feel surprisingly good and paired with the Callaway Apex it was a bombing combo it but the launch angle was REALLY low. I thought these would tend to launch much higher. I moved the ball forward in the stance and was able to get launch up to 20° but from my understanding that's still way too low for a 6i. Any suggestions?? ( all shots were with a 6i)

You have ball speed with a 6 iron just over the PGA Tour averages, and those guys are launching it at 14-15 degrees with a 6 iron. Apex irons are going to launch a slight bit higher than what most on Tour play, but there's no way you should be looking for 20 degrees of launch.

Look at your peak height though, solid numbers there, regardless of the launch angle they are getting to a nice HIGH apex.

I was actually looking more at decent angle as I want to stick greens. Looked more at launch angle than peak height. Pfft i know nothing! Ha

What's a good range for peak height and decent angle?

You have ball speed with a 6 iron just over the PGA Tour averages, and those guys are launching it at 14-15 degrees with a 6 iron. Apex irons are going to launch a slight bit higher than what most on Tour play, but there's no way you should be looking for 20 degrees of launch.

He's got a hell of a nice swing too, saw that up close and personal at Disney.
I was actually looking more at decent angle as I want to stick greens. Looked more at launch angle than peak height. Pfft i know nothing! Ha

What's a good range for peak height and decent angle?

That 49-50 range, which you are spot on being in, is what most always like to see.

Damn it! I ca t stand being in the middle of a club selection/ponder. I drive myself crazy with what ifs.

I don't need a 3 wood hahaha

Damn it! I ca t stand being in the middle of a club selection/ponder. I drive myself crazy with what ifs.

I don't need a 3 wood hahaha

I have an XR 3 wood with a LZ Pro Red 6.5 sitting here I would make you a sweet deal on if interested.

Your ponder swag is on the high end of awesome.

It's actually been quiet on the home front. I have been playing the same set of irons and wedges for 7 months. New record!

It's actually been quiet on the home front. I have been playing the same set of irons and wedges for 7 months. New record!

Until you hit the apex or apex pros..

Until you hit the apex or apex pros..

Daddy needs a bonus check or a 150% trade in event to make that happen.

Is this real life? I'm still waiting with hope for a particular wedge to arrive hahahaha

Is this real life? I'm still waiting with hope for a particular wedge to arrive hahahaha

I figured I could hand deliver it with some collectible coins in a few weeks.

And a big old bro hug. I'll see if I can smuggle some Penn Station down there. hahahahaha

How about some authentic Ohio chorizo...

Where do I start... Putters, hybrids and fairway woods...

I'm also excited to see what wedge we get with the Cleveland Up&Down...

Any idea how Dynalite gold XP will compare to project X PXi?

I have an XR 3 wood with a LZ Pro Red 6.5 sitting here I would make you a sweet deal on if interested.
Appreciate ya Fup! I think I'm good dude. I've got it narrowed down to 2.

The Titleist shaft chart has them pretty similar. The PXi is definitely a cooler looking shaft.

915F with a Oban Devotion shaft or BB FW with KK ......that is the ponder right now.

This may or may not make sense but I got near identical Trackman numbers in my 714 AP1s switching between a PXi 6.0 and the Dynalite Gold XP R300.

I went with the Gold XPs since they were cheaper and the numbers were literally identical. FWIW, I have a wierd swing and your results may vary.

The Titleist shaft chart has them pretty similar. The PXi is definitely a cooler looking shaft.

This may or may not make sense but I got near identical Trackman numbers in my 714 AP1s switching between a PXi 6.0 and the Dynalite Gold XP R300.

I went with the Gold XPs since they were cheaper and the numbers were literally identical. FWIW, I have a wierd swing and your results may vary.

Ok so a Dynalite XP S300 would be equivalent to what in a Pxi?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back