Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

You really think those grips are ugly? Hope they didn't just rip them off, those are going for a decent dollar amount.

You really think those grips are ugly? Hope they didn't just rip them off, those are going for a decent dollar amount.

Don't listen to Minh, he's nuts and obviously color blind. And yes he waited weeks for his order to come in with +4 grips just so he wouldn't have to see the utx grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 50, 54, & 58 all in the S-Grind and in the Chrome (more like Satin) finish. I went with the stock DG S300 flex and switched out those ugly as F ? green grips for some GP Plus 4 Grey grips.

Overall, the MD3 wedges are extremely nice. They seem to spin as much as the MD2 wedges did. Also, I don't notice any difference in feel from forged to cast. The head frames the ball real nice and I feel I can hit any shot I need ( full and/or touch shots). I've only hit them a couple times at the range and during my 14 hole round tonight. More to follow.
I think they look pretty good. The wedges are fantastic
Don't listen to Minh, he's nuts and obviously color blind. And yes he waited weeks for his order to come in with +4 grips just so he wouldn't have to see the utx grip.

Obviously Asian people have bad taste and/or color blind lmao

Yes. Those acid green grips are fugly. No, I had Callaway swap them out.

I saw those stock grips in person while waiting for my order to ship and it confirmed my dislike of the UTx Acid Green Grip.

I think they look pretty good. The wedges are fantastic

Obviously Asian people have bad taste and/or color blind lmao

Haha. Don't be sticking up for your #teamasian brother. Those grips are awesome.

Haha. Don't be sticking up for your #teamasian brother. Those grips are awesome.

Yes, yes they are. Call em whatever you want, maybe it's a younger guys thing.

I don't consider myself old at nearly 36. I have red pants, blue pants, and consider myself fairly stylish on the course (with my grandpa pull cart ?). With that said, I know blind ass baby boomers who like the acid green and youngsters in their 20s who agree that acid green is not even a real color let alone belong on a grip.

Thank God the grip stays hidden in the bottom of the bag. I got the Plus 4 for performance first and looks second. No one can argue they look good. #FACT

79a7891fafa84461f0b3bf3387ff3a5e.jpg

Enough said ?

I absolutely love the stock grips on the MD3 wedges! I'd love my entire set to have them

I've been struggling a bit with 56 pm grind with half to full swings... so in went 56 back md3 w grind. A bit of an adjustment visually going back to a traditional look but it performed just as well green side and the Half to full swings were much better. I think I'll keep this and the 60° pm grind in the bag
Moving to the 54 md3 from my 56 pm has brought that full swing back into my bag, and my gosh I missed it.
Yes. Those acid green grips are fugly. No, I had Callaway swap them out.
You're crazy. But that's ok, Iike you dislike the acid grips, I hate anything purple. Good thing they offer hundreds of grips hahaha
I absolutely love the stock grips on the MD3 wedges! I'd love my entire set to have them
I'm going to plead for them on all 13 grandaddy clubs. Plead.

Moving to the 54 md3 from my 56 pm has brought that full swing back into my bag, and my gosh I missed it.

You're crazy. But that's ok, Iike you dislike the acid grips, I hate anything purple. Good thing they offer hundreds of grips hahaha

I'm going to plead for them on all 13 grandaddy clubs. Plead.

I'm with you guys on the grips. I may bring 13 with me just in case lol I absolutely love them

Yep I think a lot of us will be asking for them on all of our clubs hahaha

So I used this several times yesterday during the windy round. Can easily say the W Grind might be the best thing for me game to date. Yes, it's harder to open the face. No, it's not my best shot and I'm better to avoid it. But my goodness is this thing good out of bunkers. Downhill lie, uphill lie, fried egg, I saw it all last round. And I had no problem not only getting the ball out of the bunker, but on the green (even converting 2/4 saves despite terrible lies). That's a victory for me and I can attribute it to the fantastic design on the W Grind. Follow the recommendations given for what type of player could use the grinds, it is legitimate. And remember, bounce is your friend.

So I used this several times yesterday during the windy round. Can easily say the W Grind might be the best thing for me game to date. Yes, it's harder to open the face. No, it's not my best shot and I'm better to avoid it. But my goodness is this thing good out of bunkers. Downhill lie, uphill lie, fried egg, I saw it all last round. And I had no problem not only getting the ball out of the bunker, but on the green (even converting 2/4 saves despite terrible lies). That's a victory for me and I can attribute it to the fantastic design on the W Grind. Follow the recommendations given for what type of player could use the grinds, it is legitimate. And remember, bounce is your friend.
It's great out of fluffy rough too

It's great out of fluffy rough too
Yeah, I had one of those shots yesterday just because I could. Still managed to stop within a foot of my ball mark despite the 20mph tail wind. Was able to turn it into my only birdie.

Alright Callaway, you have my attention.

I need a 58* in this.

CQfzYgLUcAAPGqO.jpg

and a 54* with the THP logo and THP green fill.

Holy wow that would own so hard.

That would be freaking fantastic.

My 50°, 54° and 60° are arriving this week. I'm happy

Alright Callaway, you have my attention.

I need a 58* in this.

CQfzYgLUcAAPGqO.jpg

and a 54* with the THP logo and THP green fill.

Holy wow that would own so hard.

That would be freaking fantastic.
Canadan and Jman,

Would you keep that acid green grip or put a red or black grip to match the head?

Canadan and Jman,

Would you keep that acid green grip or put a red or black grip to match the head?

I wouldn't do anything because if I had that then my tremendous friend Dan would cut me and take it LOL

If mine, I'd go red UTx, but always UTx for me.

So, I adore my PM grind 60, but I'm seriously contemplating a 60W in the MD3, bounce is definitely MY friend.

I purchased the 56° S grind today. Put it up against the 56° W grind. I was hitting the ball much higher on the face on the W grind and I don't know if that was a result but I was seeing about 3600 RPM on the 50 yard Chipshot's. I grabbed the S Grind and performed the exact same routine and noted 5600 RPM. It was noticeably different and I was a bit more online with it. Was it a combination of angle of attack and grind that was the difference?

I wouldn't do anything because if I had that then my tremendous friend Dan would cut me and take it LOL

If mine, I'd go red UTx, but always UTx for me.

So, I adore my PM grind 60, but I'm seriously contemplating a 60W in the MD3, bounce is definitely MY friend.

I have the 58W and it's pretty good. Playing with the PM grind for a little bit and I was automatic out of bunkers, but with the more traditional head shape of the MD3 & the W grind is the best of both worlds.

I have the 58W and it's pretty good. Playing with the PM grind for a little bit and I was automatic out of bunkers, but with the more traditional head shape of the MD3 & the W grind is the best of both worlds.
I don't hope for this, but the course we are playing tomorrow has sod-walled bunkers. If I find one (or 10), you bet I'm going to be pulling the W Grind with confidence.

Back