2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's normal to to have trouble getting a good squat grip when starting out? I don't have the flexibility to grip the bar without a wide grip.
As long as your back stays tight you are good to go (for the most part). :)

I put my middle finger on the knurling-free spot.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Couldn't get to the gym the other morning so I used this at my chin up bar.

I love doing slow deliberate dips. Working my triceps is awesome, absolutely killed it today.

Does skiing heavy snow count? My legs are killing me hahaha #legday

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Absolutely does in my book. Any activity or sport is better than any cardio.

Absolutely does in my book. Any activity or sport is better than any cardio.
So I'm guessing you don't run? :alien:

Skiing absolutely does! Wicked terrain is an absolute leg destroyer, no real skier can deny that. Love that burn

So I'm guessing you don't run? :alien:

I'm Canadian, I play hockey year round or roller blade. If I'm running that means I'm late to the first tee.

Skiing absolutely does! Wicked terrain is an absolute leg destroyer, no real skier can deny that. Love that burn
Especially when it's a whiteout day and you can't see any of the bumps haha. It's like reading Braille...except it hurts a lot more :bulgy-eyes:
I'm Canadian, I play hockey year round or roller blade. If I'm running that means I'm late to the first tee.
Hahaha touche

DL day!
d5ea896acbbf52f58215daf3087347da.jpg

Nice! Gotta protect those shins.
I try. My shins get eaten up anyways because of hip width and my hate of narrow-leg-dl.

I try. My shins get eaten up anyways because of hip width and my hate of narrow-leg-dl.

Are you saying you have wide hips?

Yup. You may need to be wide until you get more flexible or the weight gets heavier. I can get my hands closer with heavier weights. What you're describing is common. Especially if your doing the Starting Strength grip.

As long as your back stays tight you are good to go (for the most part). :)

I put my middle finger on the knurling-free spot.

Thanks guys!

The supports that you rack the bar on. Move them to the inside of the of the upright directly behind you, so you're still in the rack, but looking out into the gym. I assume you can do that in that rig. Must power racks you can.

So yeah... These are non-removable.
74c088a0ee586e38ad31c0f17e17e691.jpg

36ed76b5b63fbaeff6777ac299f0675e.jpg

So yeah... These are non-removable.
74c088a0ee586e38ad31c0f17e17e691.jpg

36ed76b5b63fbaeff6777ac299f0675e.jpg

Does that thing that looks like a trigger unlock it?

Does that thing that looks like a trigger unlock it?
Yes, it has a trigger unlock to move up and down the upright.

back at it

back at it

After a crazy busy summer of golf and watersports with the family I've been back in the gym consistently for 8 weeks. Pulled 375 dead lift Friday, tried 405 but did not have straps and left hand could not hold it. Squatting 315x5 right now, did one rep of 355 last week. Bench is so far ahead of last year at this time it is crazy. 250x5 today no sweat, SRM of 285 about 10 days ago.

Crazy what a positive effect my workout regimen had on my golf game this year. I was in the gym 104 times from Oct 1, 2014 to April 1, 2015 and got there off and on during summer. No lower back stiffness while getting to the end of a long day on the course. Flexibility and control were better than ever. Driver was internet long - I went from 65gram stiff shaft to being fitted into 77 gram X flex. It was so worth it.
Back at it now.

After a crazy busy summer of golf and watersports with the family I've been back in the gym consistently for 8 weeks. Pulled 375 dead lift Friday, tried 405 but did not have straps and left hand could not hold it. Squatting 315x5 right now, did one rep of 355 last week. Bench is so far ahead of last year at this time it is crazy. 250x5 today no sweat, SRM of 285 about 10 days ago.

Crazy what a positive effect my workout regimen had on my golf game this year. I was in the gym 104 times from Oct 1, 2014 to April 1, 2015 and got there off and on during summer. No lower back stiffness while getting to the end of a long day on the course. Flexibility and control were better than ever. Driver was internet long - I went from 65gram stiff shaft to being fitted into 77 gram X flex. It was so worth it.
Back at it now.
Hookgrip those deads.

Hookgrip those deads.
Evil hookgrip, but yeah, hook is the only way to go. That's one BIG reason I will never chase the numbers on deadlift.

Evil hookgrip, but yeah, hook is the only way to go. That's one BIG reason I will never chase the numbers on deadlift.

Hookgrip is not comfortable. That is for certain. However, very secure.

Grip

Grip

Hookgrip is not comfortable. That is for certain. However, very secure.

Huh, never heard of it. Googled it. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back