Unofficial Contest: Grandaddy Love!

Harvmp28

Reaction score
Handicap
Well it's no secret I was fortunate enough to land a spot on #TeamRedemption and couldn't be more excited to be embarking on a journey of this magnitude! Keeping in the spirit of the awesomeness that is the Grandaddy, I just so happen to have a pretty awesome shaft laying around here that I figure should go to another lucky THPer!

Up for grabs is a 2014 Grandaddy Edition Project X Handcrafted 7.0 Shaft!

d0fdca56c08b87caea858b444efc6ae5.jpg

f75b945c93f8b7b5d790825cf0237e6e.jpg

How to Win!?

Well that's the easy part, this Friday October 16th, I will be playing a round rain or shine at my home course. Your job is to guess my 18 hole score, Total Putts, and FIR stats(X/14).

The person(s) who guess(es) the right total score, I will then move on to total putts for judging, and if we have multiple correct answers under those two conditions, the FIR stat will be the tie breaker, closest number without going over the actual amount of fairways hit.

My current handicap is a 13.4, and my course handicap for my home course, Mark Twain Golf Course (71.5/129) from the Whites, is 15.

Entries will be accepted until Saturday October 17th at 8 pm EST.

Winner announced on Sunday!

Good luck everybody!

Results:

Before I post a couple pictures of the round, scorecard, and winner! A bit thanks is in order to everyone here that continues to support each other all over THP! The current live round threads, and Live Event Update Threads have been incredible the last few months for every event. It is awesome to see that and know that #TeamRedemption will be watched and supported the same way. So again, I say Thanks to all of you.

On to the round:

I came out firing and struck irons and wedges all day really well. This is my second shot on Hole 1.

d8a3f5b1723d38d20184f02ee383f871.jpg

I wish I could say I drained the putt but the putter wasn't as warm as the irons on Hole #1 apparently. I even 3 putted the next hole but the putter cleaned up quite a bit after that hole as you will see on the scorecard. I had my only birdie of the day on the Par 5 5th, and here is a look at the wedge I hit into the green.

e8c5bb35e7a53079fabdb82a8bd85db5.jpg

The chrome soft has been performing quit well for me into greens with irons and wedges for sure. I played this round very methodically, even though I was solo I pulled every pin, marked every putt and played like the #Grandaddy was on the line. I will post the entire scorecard but give my own recap of the day on the driving and putting side. I drove the ball quite well, my misses were held within a much better dispersion. The front 9 I was firing irons into greens, the irons were just as effective on the back 9 by it got colder and windier, which is reflected in the back 9 GIR stats. The putter was pretty great all day, not to say I didn't make bad putts, I did, but I recover from bad putts with great putts and that carried me to one of my best rounds of the year. All in all I ended up with a score of 83, 35 putts, 8/14 FIR, and 8/18 GIR.

dc5512b81125bf4145ee2fa347aae28f.jpg

We had a lot of 82 and 84 score guesses but only 1 official entry guessed the score of 83.

Congratulations: old man

You can send me a PM with your shipping information and I will ship your prize out in shot order.

Thank you again for all those involved and thank you for helping #TeamRedemption and I get ready for The #Grandaddy of 'em All!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
oh wow! what an awesome contest! I need to throw an entry in for this one!

Score - 82
Putts - 32
FIR - 8/14

Good luck! and if my guesses are wrong i hope its because you went low!

Score- 89
Putts- 37
FIR- 7/14

Prove me wrong!!

Awesome! What a great gesture!

Score - 81
Putts - 31
GIR - 10/14

That is just awesome.

Very generous of you dude. Go shoot a PB and get even more fired up for December.

Score - 68

Putts - 30

FIR - 14

Score 82, 32 putts, 16 FIR

Awesome:

Score: 84
Putts: 31
FIR: 7/14

Great contest... Thanks for the opportunity!

Score - 84

Putts - 32

FIR - 6

Awesome gesture!

Score- 84
Putts- 33
FIR- 9/14

Thanks!

Awesome contest Harvey, I am gonna say score : 82, Putts:32 and FIR 10/14.

Very Cool Mat...I love that shaft

Score: 91....accounting for the cooler temps, not your ability :D

Putts: 33

FIR: 9

Good luck to everyone, what an awesome contest

Score-85
Putts-34
fir-11/14
Awesome and thank you!

Awful kind gesture of you! Since I already procured one, I will set the bar high for a fantastic round.

Score: 72
Putts: 32
Fairways: 10/14

#TeamRedemption

Awesome dude!
Score 81
Putts 32
Fir 10/14

Wow extremely cool gesture! I won't be entering as 7.0 is WAY to stiff for me. But good luck to everyone that enters!

Insanely cool of you dude! I just so happen to like that 7.0 as well. Would love to try it out with the new GBB!

Score - 86
Putts - 34
FIR - 6/14

Incredible gesture man!! Hope you kick some ass, ill be guessing that you will haha.

Score: 82
Fir: 7/14

Very kind gesture.

Score: 85
Putts: 34
FWY: 10/14

Score 80
Putts 32
8/14 FW

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Awesome contest!!

18 hole score - 88
Total Putts - 38
FIR stats(X/14) - 8/14

Cool contest and cool-looking shaft. Thanks for the opportunity!

Score - 86
Putts - 33
FIR - 6/14

Awesome gesture man!

Score: 86
FIR: 7/14

very nice of you, too much shaft for me though. still nice to see!

Great contest!!

To those who are worried about it being too stiff: I also thought 7.0 would be too stiff for me, but it works pretty well for me. Enter and give it a try and if it doesn't work for you, you can have your own contest!

Back