Fairway wood suggestions?

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
Really liking my v series heavenwood. Looking for something thats light and well balanced and just as easy to hit off the deck but longer. Any suggestions?

If you like that one a lot (its a good one), you could stay in the line and grab the V-Series 3 wood.
If you are looking for new, check out the GBB fairway wood as well.
Ddec just reviewed the 816 Bertha FW here and it is filled with great information.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/big-bertha-alpha-816-fairway-wood/

I recommended these based on what you said you liked and are playing. There are tons of brands, and THP has reviewed many of them. There are threads on every single FW out there, with some great insight into the clubs and feedback as well.

I was going to recommend something along this line as well. The nice thing about Callaway is you can order the GBB or XR with the same Bassara shaft that's in your heavenwood.

I'll second JB's suggestions. I play the V series 3W along with the HW and the pairing is great. The 3W is about as easy to hit as any I've hit off the deck. I also LOVED the Great Big Bertha 3W when I took a few swings with it in Savannah.

I'd recommend the XR line. It's affordable, easy to hit and longgggg.

My XR pro is ridiculously easy to get up in the air and it's long, long long. I love hitting it off the deck because the head is small and you can get a pretty good deal on them used and new right now.

Really liking my v series heavenwood. Looking for something thats light and well balanced and just as easy to hit off the deck but longer. Any suggestions?

41NDKxEXtXL._SY355_.jpg

Oh, crud! Please forgive this little, lost noob.

Haha, not meant that way, no worries at all. Tons of good stuff on the homepage that many overlook from time to time, one of the best things about THP is we review it all, and its all done by average golfers.

After hitting the great big Bertha today,you would be hard pressed to find a better fairway wood.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Any of the new callaway offerings with that same shaft would keep the weight down. Maybe a GBB 3 or 5 wood.

I just replaced my Cobra Baffler 3 wood with a Callaway X2 Hot 4 wood. It gets the ball up super easy and is longer than my 3 wood.

The Callaway 816 FW with the heavy weight placed in the back is the highest MOI of any FW that they have ever put out.

The Callaway 816 FW with the heavy weight placed in the back is the highest MOI of any FW that they have ever put out.

Based on our conversations this is not accurate. Its the highest MOI of any FW they currently have in their line however.

Adams super spoon, if you are not interested in Callaway products.

Callaway XR 4 Wood is awesome! Easy to hit and gets me 3 wood distance.

Based on our conversations this is not accurate. Its the highest MOI of any FW they currently have in their line however.

out of curiosity, what club had higher moi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP, I was using a mini driver for tee shots and my cally v series off the deck. I had room for an extra club so seemed like a good idea as the v is the easiest 3 wood off the deck I've hit. The xr is just as long as the aeroburner mini if not longer. Looks great at address and really forgiving. Can't go wrong.

Give the D200 a try. It's a cannon for me and can be had for a great price. Great launch. Granted I dont have the stock shaft in it, but you never know how it will work.

Back