The Golf Ramble Thread

I absolutely hate long par 3's. Feel your pain haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I did have a bit of a laugh at me dads expense from his tees it was 200 and he pulled driver and almost got it there. He wasn't amused about the situation either.

Hit 8 of 12 fairways today, which is good for me. Jacqui still beat me with her 9 fairways.

I did have a bit of a laugh at me dads expense from his tees it was 200 and he pulled driver and almost got it there. He wasn't amused about the situation either.

This is what I used to do also on the 200yder we have that is guarded by bunkers front left and right. Now I just shoot it in two shots 100-115 off the tee and next one onto the green. I also have a 170yder a slight uphill that is guarded with pond low front left, sand left side, and sand right front that I hit pretty much the same way. I score much better this way on these holes since doing it this way.

This is what I used to do also on the 200yder we have that is guarded by bunkers front left and right. Now I just shoot it in two shots 100-115 off the tee and next one onto the green. I also have a 170yder a slight uphill that is guarded with pond low front left, sand left side, and sand right front that I hit pretty much the same way. I score much better this way on these holes since doing it this way.

I was surprised at the distance but it was a good challenge and I have been hitting my hybrids really well lately so I wasn't worried but I was impressed with how the ball mark was only about 10 feet from my ball, pretty good for a hybrid imo. It just sucks to see my dad struggle on a par 3 like that he's in his mid 70's and the rest of the course was in his range so other than the one hole he had no need to move up a set of tees.

So I put a different shaft in my 3 wood, but I can't cut it down until my grips arrive, so if I am able to get out and play tonight i will be using a 44.5" 3 wood...that could be interesting.

I think I'm officially over my post-legacy hangover. Putting a pretty good swing on the ball again.

~Rock

Don'tcha just love a course where you can hit a shot on the green by about 4-5 feet, and the shot can STILL end up in a bunker?
I love that about golf - hit a fair to good shot and end up being penalized.

Our city owned course opened up for full 18 holes a week ago (due to flooding it hadn't opened to full 18 in 4 years). Cost last Saturday was 37.50, and that included a half cart. This week, they announced that it is now $22.50 for the rest of the year (including cart).

I really hope this draws people to the course again. Its a great layout that has been hampered by flooding and the city's reluctance to put money into the course. Its a bit rough right now (needs a ton of maintenance once you hit the 2nd cut of rough), but it would be a definite shame if it ended up being shut down.

Hit my best drive ever on hole 15 of my course, a 270 yard par 4. Put it within 20 yards of the green. (I've hit them further, but not on this hole)

But we were playing with our Director of Operations, who drove the green to about 15 feet.

I should really learn how to effectively use my driver. I would be pretty dangerous if I could hit a drive consistently in the fairway and get the distance out of my drives that my SS should.

Heck it's Friday and I think I'll go play golf. No plans were made for today so this is a spur of the moment decision to get out and have at it! :bomb:

I should really learn how to effectively use my driver. I would be pretty dangerous if I could hit a drive consistently in the fairway and get the distance out of my drives that my SS should.

have any lm data to analyze? is it too much spin? low launch? poor contact?

have any lm data to analyze? is it too much spin? low launch? poor contact?

bad AoA which leads to spin, and inconsistent face contact. I'm fine with every other club in the bag, and then I put a driver in my hand and it's like I forget how to swing.

bad AoA which leads to spin, and inconsistent face contact. I'm fine with every other club in the bag, and then I put a driver in my hand and it's like I forget how to swing.

Do you have any spine tilt toward right side(think reverse k) at setup? Are you starting swing with lower half or upper half?

Heck it's Friday and I think I'll go play golf. No plans were made for today so this is a spur of the moment decision to get out and have at it! :bomb:
Sic em! Also ask your better half if she wants a free bird ID book, we had some flooding after a water line shattered, so I've got a pile of books with messed up covers. Gonna donate them to local schools but if she wants one I'll send it up.

I feel your pain man. I'm the exact same way. I think I could easily be a 3-4 handicap if I could get consistency with driver.

Do you have any spine tilt toward right side(think reverse k) at setup? Are you starting swing with lower half or upper half?

Yep, at least I think I do...soo...maybe haha. And I always start my swing with my upper half (I try to make sure it's shoulders)

Sic em! Also ask your better half if she wants a free bird ID book, we had some flooding after a water line shattered, so I've got a pile of books with messed up covers. Gonna donate them to local schools but if she wants one I'll send it up.

I'll show her this thread and she will let ya know. That's mighty thoughtful of you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting an APB out for my power fade off the tee! All of a sudden it stays straight, or worse, pull hooks? And I know just about the time I play it - well, you know!

Yep, at least I think I do...soo...maybe haha. And I always start my swing with my upper half (I try to make sure it's shoulders)

the upper half starting the swing I believe is the reason for your bad AoA, causing a strike down on the ball vice up.

the upper half starting the swing I believe is the reason for your bad AoA, causing a strike down on the ball vice up.

Aren't you supposed to start your swing with your shoulders? How do you start a swing with your lower body? Maybe this is my problem haha

Aren't you supposed to start your swing with your shoulders? How do you start a swing with your lower body? Maybe this is my problem haha

should start art with the legs. Some instructors recommend a slight bump with the front hip towards the target prior to rotating the hips. The move should drip your arms without you having to do anything else.

should start art with the legs. Some instructors recommend a slight bump with the front hip towards the target prior to rotating the hips. The move should drip your arms without you having to do anything else.

Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Not much could hurt my driver game right now haha

Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Not much could hurt my driver game right now haha

Are you guys confusing terms? Thinking Eric may be talking about the downswing. and maybe you are talking about the backswing? Not really sure - wth do I know lol! I agree with Eric regarding the downswing.

Back