Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking I should grab a set of Speedblades. Give them a shot in regular shaft, and see what happens......

But then I change my mind,

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

With trade ins, a GBB Big Bertha Heavenwood would cost about $90. I'm tempted, but would love to know how similar in terms of forgiveness and how different in terms of distance it would be from the original. Also wondering if the 816 4w or v series 3w would be the way to go instead. I'm basically looking for a club that's as easy to hit as the BB Heavenwood but gives me 10-15 yards more distance.

Last edited:
With trade ins, a GBB Big Bertha would cost about $90. I'm tempted, but would love to know how similar in terms of forgiveness and how different in terms of distance it would be from the original. Also wondering if the 816, or v series 3w would be the way to go instead. I'm basically looking for a club that's as easy to hit as the BB but gives me 10-15 yards more distance.

This one is better than the one from a couple years ago. More forgiveness on misses, ball jumps off the face. 816 is goimg to lower spinning and less forgiving. Are you looking at taking driver out for the v series?

This one is better than the one from a couple years ago. More forgiveness on misses, ball jumps off the face. 816 is goimg to lower spinning and less forgiving. Are you looking at taking driver out for the v series?

Whoops, my bad, was talking about the Heavenwood. Gotta edit my post. I'm basically wondering if the new Heavenwood will give me 10 a 15 yards more distance with the same forgiveness as the old one.

Whoops, my bad, was talking about the Heavenwood. Gotta edit my post. I'm basically wondering if the new Heavenwood will give me 10 a 15 yards more distance with the same forgiveness as the old one.

No worries. Was a confusing post but I was tired too so wasn't sure. I'm curious about the new heavenwood. Been scratching my head oven the top end of my bag. Debating heavenwood vice the 3h, 816 16* plus Bstone 5w and take out 3h. Of course that's dependent on whether I'm playing z545 irons or DF

iE1 iron ponder continues... MD3s are due to be in stores here, so definitely going to take a look at those here shortly. Pondering some driver shaft tinkering for the offseason. Thinking a PX LZ 60 in stiff might do the trick. Or i could just go with the boring old original PX...

MD3! cant wait for next saturday to get mine and get a lesson from the man who created the club! Still cant believe how freaking cool that is.

Oh, and GBB, I will find you and i will crush you :)

MD3! cant wait for next saturday to get mine and get a lesson from the man who created the club! Still cant believe how freaking cool that is.

Oh, and GBB, I will find you and i will crush you :)

Its insanely cool. Working WITH the man RC himself, I'm jealous of you guys!

Its insanely cool. Working WITH the man RC himself, I'm jealous of you guys!

I'm sure you'll have an opportunity to catch up with him in December

I'm pondering new everything, minus putter. I just bought that. Thinking Great Big Bertha driver, Big Bertha fairway woods, Great Big Bertha hybrids, possibly the XR irons, and MD3 wedges. Rough estimate of $2k, the wife would divorce me, so then I'll need a new place to live also.

I keep thinking I should grab a set of Speedblades. Give them a shot in regular shaft, and see what happens......

But then I change my mind,

Don't know what your usual iron miss is, but the Speedblades didn't work as well for me as I thought they would. I tend to miss fat and the D100s in my bag are far better with that.

That being said, Speedblades can be had at very good prices right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know what your usual iron miss is, but the Speedblades didn't work as well for me as I thought they would. I tend to miss fat and the D100s in my bag are far better with that.

That being said, Speedblades can be had at very good prices right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two guys I work with have them and love them, and I have been longing to replace the Burner 2.0's I sold last season.

Had yours still been available today I would probably be sending a paypal to you LOL.

Speedblades are definitely easy to hit. Agreed that they're especially good if your miss is thin.

Seriously pondering the Cobra Fly Z XL irons 5-PW with those stock matrix graphite shafts. Pretty cheap right now.

Really want to get a new bright cart bag with custom headcovers. Any preferences:
cirrus_bluered.jpg
silencer_pewter.jpg
syn-men_cobaltl_white_black_flash.png

Really want to get a new bright cart bag with custom headcovers. Any preferences:
cirrus_bluered.jpg
silencer_pewter.jpg
syn-men_cobaltl_white_black_flash.png
I personally love the Ogio bags. I have a few...including an obnoxious hooters one I won :banghead:

I personally love the Ogio bags. I have a few...including an obnoxious hooters one I won :banghead:

I've had both Sun Mountain and Ogio. Really like them both. I"m currently leaning towards the blue and red ogio one with dark grey/red headcovers.

I've had both Sun Mountain and Ogio. Really like them both. I"m currently leaning towards the blue and red ogio one.

If you want the headcovers to stand out the grey is perfect.

Vapor Flex 5w. With the Labor Day sale on Budget Golf I can get one for $179 right now. Serious ponder mode.

Vapor Flex 5w. With the Labor Day sale on Budget Golf I can get one for $179 right now. Serious ponder mode.
Solid ponder. Debated that one myself, but it involved getting rid of 3 wood and a 7 wood that I absolutely love.

It performs very well.

Putter......s.

Considering I don't have a golf store nearby, I'm thinking of buying a few things blind:
Callaway 815 or GBB fairway wood with AD DI 7 or Diamana D+
AD DI 7 shaft for my 815 hybrid

I like how that could be 1 putter, or 100....

A Low Tide and a Lajosi are all but locks.

But my eye still wanders.

Adore all other parts of my setup from here till December, so the putter ponders will get pretty heavy...and dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back