The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Honestly, these last few months I have been playing some of my best golf in quite a long time. I am currently working on sustainability with a practice routine which will result in consistency. My driver is still erratic, so that is a specific focus point for my game, at the moment, by swinging within myself more and by better analyzing when I should and should not hit driver off the tee.

So what's everyone working on to get ready for this? Whether your name has already been called, or you are still a hopeful, I hope everyone is working on something to get ready for this amazing event. Maybe some zoo crew members can chime in too.

For me, I'm focusing 95% on fitness and weight loss. As JB said, this amazing experience is also quite physically demanding, and I don't want to be going into singles with the belt on the line while I'm running on empty. Besides that, I've been working on my putting, because everyone knows a hot putter is how you break hearts.

Three main things I am practicing:
1) Keep grinding through rounds, and when a hole goes terribly wrong, to right the ship as quickly as I can.
2) Stamina. Trying to golf as many rounds as possible in short time spans, and keep up a consistent level of play the whole time.
3) 125 and in. Trying to get 3 consistent shots I can turn to from 125 and in. Right now I have 2 that I use, but need one more.

Work put in now, will pay dividends come December!

I've been taking lessons working on fundamentals. Everything clicked last night and I dropped 10 strokes off my league average. Working on weight loss and some fitness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what's everyone working on to get ready for this? Whether your name has already been called, or you are still a hopeful, I hope everyone is working on something to get ready for this amazing event. Maybe some zoo crew members can chime in too.

For me, I'm focusing 95% on fitness and weight loss. As JB said, this amazing experience is also quite physically demanding, and I don't want to be going into singles with the belt on the line while I'm running on empty. Besides that, I've been working on my putting, because everyone knows a hot putter is how you break hearts.

Fitness, continuing to work on my swing to build in consistency to reduce the real bad misses. Short game has been a focus this whole year and will remain that way.

I've been taking lessons working on fundamentals. Everything clicked last night and I dropped 10 strokes off my league average. Working on weight loss and some fitness.

I have a couple of body parts that are not going to win a jumping contest however I hit the gym at least four days every week. My body is in good shape for my age so I can hang through two or three days of golf in a row. Especially if something doesn't break :alien:

I'm working on course management and SHORT GAME!

For me its my putting that I will be working on so much . I am pretty confident in my Tee ball and Iron striking this year however a couple times a round I hit WTH shot , were dis that come from type shot but the ball stays In front of me and I can scramble to make a decent hole out of it if I could get the dag um ball in the hole.

course management and short game here too, this is what is costing me strokes there days

I'm always working on everything. But the one thing that is different for the GD would be I'm exposing myself to different formats and playing tournaments as a means of preparing for the competition portion of the event.

I'm working on everything. Just need to be better all around in case I get lucky enough to get in. I'm focusing a little more on getting my driving under control, which is coming along well, short game, and fitness. I know fitness will go along way to helping everything for me.

I have a couple of body parts that are not going to win a jumping contest however I hit the gym at least four days every week. My body is in good shape for my age so I can hang through two or three days of golf in a row. Especially if something doesn't break :alien:

I really want to be a member at a gym and use it, but my track record has been really poor. Plus i detest the options available to us around here. After visiting some bigger cities and seeing the options they have, its frustrating because i feel like i'm held hostage to a choice between two crappy options...

I really want to be a member at a gym and use it, but my track record has been really poor. Plus i detest the options available to us around here. After visiting some bigger cities and seeing the options they have, its frustrating because i feel like i'm held hostage to a choice between two crappy options...

Yea having a place that is comfortable to you is very important IMO . We are members at The Omni Club in our home town. I love it there!

No doubt being in good physical condition will be essential to help Team Redemption take home the title ?

Good luck in getting hooked up with a place that keeps you wanting to come back. I'm totally addicted to my gym.

Working on getting my hand healed up and hitting fairways off the tee! If I hit fairways, life could be really good!

I honestly think what I need to practice the most is "boring golf". As soon as I get too aggressive, then I have a blowup hole or two. If I stay "boring", it is pars all around.

Hit the fairway, hit the GiR, putt. Win. Listen to Finley make excuses about how/why he lost.

Mainly working on fitness and weight loss right now and trying to improve flexibility.

I haven't played a ton this summer due to family obligations, but with the kids back in school I'll have more practice and play time very soon. I plan to work on approach shot accuracy which seems to be my biggest issue right now.

Working on my course management, mental side,short game and improving my health and fitness. Ultimate machine to take down the zoo crew. Along with my recent play and confidence I am sky high right now.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Good question, Neb. Whether I get into the Grandaddy or not, I'm getting back with my instructor and getting back to basics in terms of getting my fundamentals squared away as I feel like I've let some bad habits creep in the last 6 months or so. It's really all about getting a swing I can trust and feel confident with. On the mental side, it's going to be about grinding it out when things aren't going well. On top of that, it's taking the time to work on my short game and putting.

The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I have been working on my weaknesses and getting out to play more. Course management is always on my mind. I have been playing new courses as well. Doing better on brand new holes.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a fun journey brother.

Man I want in this...

ALOT.

I've been working on getting back in shape and sharpening the strengths of my game. If I get picked I want to know that I left it all out there on the course for THP.

Its a fun journey brother.

I'm buckled in and ready for the ride!

My love for this event is DEEP!

Know that this event will change you!

Next weekend. Lest play.

I am playing nine on Friday in KC and a tourney on Saturday for work already.

Then I have my elk hunt the following 2 weekends. After that I am open and in full granddaddy prep mode!

Back