DraftKings or FanDuel: Do you play?

PhillyV

Original Ass-Cap : G15' & G18'
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
So i was asked to join my third fantasy football league for this season and as i was thinking it over i heard a commercial on the radio advertising for FanDuel. Now its probably the 1000th time i had heard the commercial, but as i was getting ready to send money to someone for my third league i stopped and thought about maybe depositing it on FanDuel and taking advantage of their deposit double up bonus promotion. Does anyone here play fantasy football this way? Do you prefer it over traditional leagues?

I'm not sure if i prefer it over traditional leagues because I like talking trash with friends, but I do enjoy DraftKings.

I personally use DraftKings. Only reason being is I was a huge fan on DraftStreet and Kings bought out street. I'm sure they are both very similar. I use DraftKings almost weekly for golf and I did a little football last year and it was fun. I also have a tradition fantasy football team but I also play on DraftKings because you can choose different players each week. It is pretty fun...... If ya win haha

Foooooore!

I'm in a FanDuel league this year with about 19 (20 total) other guys. Where going to do $5 a week in our league, payout for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I'm looking forward to it, MUCH more strategy than a normal fantasy football league, that's for sure. Not sure I'll enter any of the big money challenges, but who knows. Maybe towards the end of the season, if I've been doing well I might give it a shot.

Yep I play on Fan Duel. I preferred Fan Duel over Draft Kings simply because from what I recall last year DK had an extra roster spot to fill...and I already had money in FD. I personally find it fun and different than the traditional league. You aren't stuck if a guy gets hurt or whatever, you get a new team every week. I still have a traditional league or 2 as well, but this is a challenge every week to try and pick the best players, plus who knows.. you could strike it rich! I overall did better in the smaller 10-20 person leagues than I did the real large ones, but I did hit for $150 on a $2 entry once.

Yep I play on Fan Duel. I preferred Fan Duel over Draft Kings simply because from what I recall last year DK had an extra roster spot to fill...and I already had money in FD. I personally find it fun and different than the traditional league. You aren't stuck if a guy gets hurt or whatever, you get a new team every week. I still have a traditional league or 2 as well, but this is a challenge every week to try and pick the best players, plus who knows.. you could strike it rich! I overall did better in the smaller 10-20 person leagues than I did the real large ones, but I did hit for $150 on a $2 entry once.
Any issues getting your money?

Any issues getting your money?

My initial deposit was only $20 to try it out.

When I did win though, the money always showed up in my account the next morning. BUT like any typical gambler I just played on the rest of that money the whole year I never tried to w/d it so I can't speak to that.

Just wanted to add to this. Keep seeing commercials about they matching your deposit up to $200 but at least for FanDuel I wanted to clarify with some fine print. Let's say you deposit $25, it's not like you automatically see an additional $25 show up in your account. They release the "bonus" money in 25% increments based on your game entries. So if you play a $5 daily game they will release $1.25 of the money. Unless you win or keep depositing money you will never see the full bonus. I didn't read the fine print and this was a pretty big surprise to me so wanted to let others know.

Just wanted to add to this. Keep seeing commercials about they matching your deposit up to $200 but at least for FanDuel I wanted to clarify with some fine print. Let's say you deposit $25, it's not like you automatically see an additional $25 show up in your account. They release the "bonus" money in 25% increments based on your game entries. So if you play a $5 daily game they will release $1.25 of the money. Unless you win or keep depositing money you will never see the full bonus. I didn't read the fine print and this was a pretty big surprise to me so wanted to let others know.

same with DraftKings as well...

DraftKings but never do well.
Yep to the bonus statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm honestly considering trying one of these. Love being in the THP league, but I've always wanted another league of some type to go with it, the weekly thing could be cool. I dunno.

I'm honestly considering trying one of these. Love being in the THP league, but I've always wanted another league of some type to go with it, the weekly thing could be cool. I dunno.
I entered a daily baseball contest the other day. I set my lineup a few hours before as I had other stuff to do. By the time the game rolled around, 2 of my players were scratched and a 3rd left the game in the 2nd inning. The app is garbage as it doesn't live update and you need a separate app for that. Would also be nice if they had updated info when setting your lineups. But I'm not bitter... Hahaha

There are some big contests this weekend. I may just throw $10 on there and see what happens

I entered a daily baseball contest the other day. I set my lineup a few hours before as I had other stuff to do. By the time the game rolled around, 2 of my players were scratched and a 3rd left the game in the 2nd inning. The app is garbage as it doesn't live update and you need a separate app for that. Would also be nice if they had updated info when setting your lineups. But I'm not bitter... Hahaha

DK gives you said updates just FYI

This is where playing baseball has it's advantages over other players that do not reasearch lineups. I always ha e checked Mlbstartingnine.com for all lineups beforw first pitch .If you take the time to check lineups and make sure your guys are in you have already beat 30% of the feild most nights.A couple years ago no site gave lu info and making money was fairly easy, nowadays the sites petty much do the reasearch for you. And there will always be a late scratch in baseball , thats were Twitter 20 minutes before lineups lock is your best friend.

Thanks to some friends at work and my buddy Ray (teedupthoughts) I have 3 teams in the $2M football game this week. I am pretty terrible at fantasy football but maybe I'll get lucky.

I signed up for draft kings this year to see if I can make some extra $$

I don't play in either of them, but the relentless commercials from both companies are so annoying. I read earlier this week that DraftKings spent more on TV ads than any other company in the nation last week. I just thought I was seeing a bunch of them because they are a Boston-based company, but I guess it's been nationwide. DraftKings is definitely burning through a lot of their venture capital money that was invested.

I've got two entries in DraftKings. The $1M and $10M. So $23 invested. I score big in either, drinks on me at Disney dinner.

My Fanduel stats for 1 1/2 years
594 wins - $9310.83

I've won a couple of big tournies in Baseball and football and have been doing very well in Nascar at DK lately.My best 1 night was $1655.00, what a blast that was .

I just started playing draft kings. So far just small winnings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Fanduel stats for 1 1/2 years
594 wins - $9310.83

I've won a couple of big tournies in Baseball and football and have been doing very well in Nascar at DK lately.My best 1 night was $1655.00, what a blast that was .

And won't give any tips!!

DraftKings all the way. Yes they have extra spot, but they do not use Kicker position like Fanduel does. Also w/ draftkings, you can make changes to any position up till the point the game starts. Example Chargers team playing sunday night game and you had Gates as your TE, but realized he is still not going to play. You can change to any other TE that hasn't played, of course only if the player $$ fits into your budget. So you would be able to replace Gates w/ Ladarius Green or a Monday night TE. FanDuel, once the lineup is submitted and any game starts, your locked in.

I've never had issue with getting payout money back into my paypal.

Got gronk going in just one tonight. What a beast he's being

Back