Rory McIlroy the New Face of EA Golf Franchise

Can't you guys just ramp up the difficulty to Tour Pro? Or is that not an option anymore?
It sure is an option. We have sorta moved to Tour Pro but added the ability to zoom in on shots. It's nearly impossible to play Wolf Creek without being able to see where you're landing with all the elevation change.

Sounds like its a bit of a bust. Thats too bad I was looking forward to buying it.

As expected; EA ruins another one.

I've already traded mine in...I'll stick to The Golf Club.

I've already traded mine in...I'll stick to The Golf Club.
Not to :deadhorse: but I think this was the warning put out before the game even released.

Not to :deadhorse: but I think this was the warning put out before the game even released.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for a golf game though. Maybe they will improve the content enough over time, but by that point I should be able to buy it again for less than I traded it in for if the urge strikes.

TGC wasn't outstanding when I first bought it either, but I didn't trust EA to improve it enough to make it worth keeping.

When/If I stop playing, it'll be in large part because of all the extra GARBAGE they put into the game. If I have to watch my dude do the sprinkler after another holed putt I may snap the disc in half.

Things that EA should be embarrassed about:

1 - HORRIBLE lack of course content
2 - Lack of player customization
3 - The only pair of wearable white pants with white buckle are adidas... and they look like sweat pants
4 - the end game apparel by EA is atrocious.
5 - The hats look like when kids try to wear adult hats.
6 - A celebration where the player puts the putter to his mouth to kiss it, and yet doesn't make the kiss motion (everything about this is pathetic)
7 - You can see VISUAL squared off contours in the fairway construction (pathetic)
8 - There are areas on certain greens that have image framing protruding through the surface imagery (pathetic)
9 - Player customization is a sham and weaker than any EATW I've ever played
10 - The intended putting line, which I believe does a LOT more damage than it does help the line (including BLATANT misreads by the game.

And my two probably favourite disasters:

1 - When your ball passes the DEAD center of the cup (at pin height) with big pace while hitting an approach, the pin essentially disappears. No big contact with ricochet or anything. Just a pathetic continuation of the shot.
2 - Balls that should have gone in sit INSIDE the circle of the cup (not on the edge... VISUAL air on all aspects of the ball) without going in, forcing a 0 inch putt to hole the ball. This has happened numerous times and is a complete and utter joke. Additionally, I had one of those stupid big putt moments where the ball dropped into the hole and appeared to drop down 50 feet (based on the camera angle dropping) and then the game flashed to a new screen and suddenly my ball was resting essentially inside the area of the cup at the surface level, forcing me to putt again. What.A.Joke.

I wish i could be as bad at my job as EA is and make a crap ton of money providing mediocre results. There is absolutely zero chance in hell of me buying another rendition of this franchise (or anything EA at this point. They've ruined every franchise).

I'm bored with it now. Once 56 became a bad score the game got really tired really quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Play tour mode and crank the wind up and even par is a good score at chambers

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sounds like its a bit of a bust. Thats too bad I was looking forward to buying it.
You should see the Facebook page and, in particular, the comments on every photo or status they post. It's hilarious to see such a unanimous dislike of this game.

I, for one, enjoy it for what it is. An easier version of golf that allows me to play with other guys and have a good time. It does that, but there are clear improvements that could/should be made to the game.

You should see the Facebook page and, in particular, the comments on every photo or status they post. It's hilarious to see such a unanimous dislike of this game.

It makes sense. The game appears as though it was constructed by high school graphic designers who are just learning how to create things.

It's getting blasted on social media for a reason. The game is a fraction of what it used to be.

I, for one, enjoy it for what it is. An easier version of golf that allows me to play with other guys and have a good time. It does that, but there are clear improvements that could/should be made to the game.

I just looked at the Amazon reviews for it...Thinking it may be heavily discounted soon.

I've played a little more, have a few more hours left on the demo, and I don't hate it. However quality feels like an iPhone game. If it were $10 I'd buy it and be happy with, but it isn't worth full price.

1 - When your ball passes the DEAD center of the cup (at pin height) with big pace while hitting an approach, the pin essentially disappears. No big contact with ricochet or anything. Just a pathetic continuation of the shot.
2 - Balls that should have gone in sit INSIDE the circle of the cup (not on the edge... VISUAL air on all aspects of the ball) without going in, forcing a 0 inch putt to hole the ball. This has happened numerous times and is a complete and utter joke. Additionally, I had one of those stupid big putt moments where the ball dropped into the hole and appeared to drop down 50 feet (based on the camera angle dropping) and then the game flashed to a new screen and suddenly my ball was resting essentially inside the area of the cup at the surface level, forcing me to putt again. What.A.Joke.

EA is aware and this is going to be fixed when the next patch drops later this month, according to the EA Rory Forums.

EA is aware and this is going to be fixed when the next patch drops later this month, according to the EA Rory Forums.

I'm glad they are doing something about it, but that is TEXTBOOK EA. Send out a piece of trash and slowly call it something other than garbage.

Soooo so so so so so so tired of their nonsense.

I want TW12 back with just upgraded graphics. Literally the same game. Just upgrade the graphics and up to date equipment and I'd buy it again.

I enjoy my TW 14 Masters Edition quite a bit. How they took two years off and went backwards in quality is a joke.

I enjoy my TW 14 Masters Edition quite a bit. How they took two years off and went backwards in quality is a joke.

It's EA, but it's a brand new developer. They were asked to start with a blank slate.

$40 at Amazon

Well I got this game for free off a buddy and played a couple rounds. Im getting slaughtered online in Tour mode, but getting better.

Anyone online on Xbox 1 still?

Anyone play this online on XB1? I seem to have issues with crashing quite often during online play.

I uninstalled this game.. Regret buying it

I'm not sure if I mentioned this here back in June, but if you buy a game on Amazon, they'll take it back no questions asked.

I returned this game after 3 days. It was terrible.

Right now my goal is to finish a tournament at 60 under.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back