callaway Supersoft vs Bridgestone E6

MacTS

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi,

Second part of last year I played mostly Supersofts and I was very happy with those. Now I need to get some new balls for the start of the season and I am tempted to try the Bridgestone E6.

So I am looking for advice regarding similarities and differences between the two balls in terms of ex driver length, side spin (on longer clubs), feel (soft vs hard), spin around green etc...well, anything you would like to write really:)

I really like the soft feel of the SS.

Feel & performance, to me, the e6 wins hands down. Neither will give you a lot of spin or check around the greens, but I've found the e6 to be straighter and more predictable. I watched far too many decent iron shots hit greens and bounce right off with the SuperSoft.

Little more roll out with the Supersoft vs. a little more spin with the E6, for me. Other than that they are very similar.

Both good balls, but I personally would go e6, just a bit longer off the tee.

Thanks!

I will get a pack of E6 and try it. Based on your comments, I think it would suit me

I'm trying out the e6 as well. Just ordered a dozen used through Amazon for $12. Didn't feel like spending 2x or 3x that for new ones that I may or may not like.

I'm trying out the e6 as well. Just ordered a dozen used through Amazon for $12. Didn't feel like spending 2x or 3x that for new ones that I may or may not like.

That is my plan as well. Usually the used balls I am buying are in very good shape as well, so for me I doubt I would feel a difference compared to new balls

They are both my two golf balls of choice.

I think the SuperSoft feels a bit softer, but other than that, I cannot tell much difference at all. I am not a high spin player, so I am not backing it up on the greens, so spin doesn't happen much for me.

I have never tried the Supersoft but spent a while using the e6 and it is a very decent ball that does what it says - It won't completely eradicate a hook/slice but it certainly keeps the ball a lot straighter

Yes, it might not have the same spin around the greens as other balls but as long as you know to expect that you can adjust your game accordingly and I had no issues getting them to stop on full shots. Shorter shots around the green I would always play for roll out anyway as I wasn't able to put any check on the ball at that time

I moved from the e6 to the B330RX just to give them a try and the differences that I personally saw helped me with my game so I stuck with them for a while before giving the Chrome Softs a go

The E6 is my ball of choice for 2016, but don't discount the Duo if you haven't tried them yet.

I have had more predictable results tee to green out of the e6. Makes sense being at a higher price point.

I used to play e6/e5 and like them a lot but when I played ChromeSoft and then Supersoft I decided to switch. For me, the cover on the SS (and CS) are softer and they feel better for putting. Relative to spin, I put the SS and the E6 in pretty similar categories. If I was looking for a better spinning one around the green, I'd look at the e5 more.

Have played both. Greatly prefer the e6 for reasons listed above. It was my gamer for the last 2 years, but recently fell in love with the Callaway Superhot 55, which I've raved about in it's thread. Equally as far off the tee and as straight, but I've found it has a bit more back spin on long irons, helping me stop on greens in a way that I almost dare say is as good as the super premium balls. It's dethroned the e6 as my go to ball. Might be worth a look if you are targeting softer/straighter balls.

I have tried both but I prefer the Srixon Soft Feel to both of them just as straight and long as the E6 nearly as soft as the Supersoft, but better around the greens than both of them.

I play the SuperSoft as my winter ball, it's great...
I play the CromeSoft now, but the E6 was my go to for years.
I got some Q-Stars for Christmas and they perform very E6 like.

For those that have played the SuperHot 55, how does it compare to the E6?

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have played both. Greatly prefer the e6 for reasons listed above. It was my gamer for the last 2 years, but recently fell in love with the Callaway Superhot 55, which I've raved about in it's thread. Equally as far off the tee and as straight, but I've found it has a bit more back spin on long irons, helping me stop on greens in a way that I almost dare say is as good as the super premium balls. It's dethroned the e6 as my go to ball. Might be worth a look if you are targeting softer/straighter balls.

Now I have ordered 2 dozens of used E6. I might give Superhot 55 a try later, when I run out of balls. Thanks for the tip!

Back