2015 #TheGauntlet Travel Thread

I love my team!

I'm not convinced that anyone on our team could fit on a pull out couch! Haha

Haha we should have the biggest team there. If we suck at golf im sure we could join the Bears practice squad lol

I bet you guys could still lose collectively 60 lbs as a team before arrival if you wanted to.

And we would still be the biggest team there haha

I'm siding with Nick on this one!

Since committing to doing something active at least once a day and watching the amount of crap I eat I'm down 10 lbs. I still have more to go to reach my goal but it's something I'm taking day by day. It's pretty cool what someone can do with the added motivation of having teammates depending on you

That's awesome! I've already lost about 20 pounds myself; lots to go though!

This event has me more motivated than ever and I am doing whatever it takes to get myself ready both physically and mentally so I can help my team repeat what JRod and the guys did last year!

That is awesome brother. Im following along and have my own goals that I plan to reach by this one.

#LetsDoItTogether

So who's in for the Cleveland Carpool? Sounds like everyone is ok with leaving Friday morning?

So who's in for the Cleveland Carpool? Sounds like everyone is ok with leaving Friday morning?
I'm in. Who's driving?

I don't think I have a vehicle big enough for three guys plus clubs and all that.
For 3, I think we can get by in our CX5. Gas mileage is good too haha. Depends on what hickerad drives.

For 3, I think we can get by in our CX5. Gas mileage is good too haha. Depends on what hickerad drives.
I am in for the carpool. I have a Murano but that might be a little over kill for 3 of us but it doesn't matter to me. Lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I am in for the carpool. I have a Murano but that might be a little over kill for 3 of us but it doesn't matter to me. Lol.

Ok. I'll run it by the boss and we can take the CX5. Should be plenty of room for us all.

Sounds good to me!

I'll be arriving at Midway on Thursday at 10:55a and probably heading to play a course in Indiana (14th state on the list!)

As of now, I'm looking at The Course at Aberdeen, The Brassie, Lost Marsh, and Palmira. If any of the locals have better ideas, want to reject one of those courses, and/or join me, please do! No plans for lodging Thursday night, although I'm trying to get in contact with a friend in the area and if my cousin gets the job in Chicago, maybe I'll crash with one of them.

My Sunday flight out of Midway is 7:55p. I'm renting a car to get to Indiana so I'm happy to pick up from/ride to Midway with others, especially my teammate Josh!

Just don't play in Gary...if they even have a course

I'm in for our team room

Love that teams are getting rooms together. Imo it's just adding more to this already great event

I'll be arriving at Midway on Thursday at 10:55a and probably heading to play a course in Indiana (14th state on the list!)

As of now, I'm looking at The Course at Aberdeen, The Brassie, Lost Marsh, and Palmira. If any of the locals have better ideas, want to reject one of those courses, and/or join me, please do! No plans for lodging Thursday night, although I'm trying to get in contact with a friend in the area and if my cousin gets the job in Chicago, maybe I'll crash with one of them.

My Sunday flight out of Midway is 7:55p. I'm renting a car to get to Indiana so I'm happy to pick up from/ride to Midway with others, especially my teammate Josh!
Brian, I've played Lost Marsh a number of times and would recommend it. First 5 holes are pretty tough as there is a lot of water in play on all your shots. It is a muni owned by the city of Hammond and is in very good shape when I've played. It is easy to access off the freeway too.

Cleveland carpool, when do we want to skip town on Friday? Chicago traffic is notoriously awful Friday afternoons. The sooner we can get there, the better. There is a PGA Superstore not too far away from the hotel and of course lots of ranges and top golf if we need to burn time. Or I can give you a tour of my old neighborhood haha.

The earlier the better for me. We can meet at my house because it's furthest west and right by the turnpike if needed. We can have a few extra cars parked there for the weekend too

I agree with Phil. The earlier the better. I will come over to Phil's house and park my car if that is cool with him.

I agree with Phil. The earlier the better. I will come over to Phil's house and park my car if that is cool with him.

For sure. I have a U shaped driveway you can park in or there's room on the side of the house. No worries

2015 #TheGauntlet Travel Thread

Done deal. We can all meet at PhillyV's place and go from there. I'm good with any time in the morning. The wifey will be up @ 5 and I will be up soon after. Let me know the time and I will be there.

Edit: But I will have to stop for coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cleveland carpool, when do we want to skip town on Friday? Chicago traffic is notoriously awful Friday afternoons. The sooner we can get there, the better. There is a PGA Superstore not too far away from the hotel and of course lots of ranges and top golf if we need to burn time. Or I can give you a tour of my old neighborhood haha.

Done deal. We can all meet at PhillyV's place and go from there. I'm good with any time in the morning. The wifey will be up @ 5 and I will be up soon after. Let me know the time and I will be there.

Edit: But I will have to stop for coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fellas there may be a snag in my plans to leave too early. Might have to go into work for a meeting I can't miss but it's at 8:30 am. I should be home and ready to go by 10:30 but that still gets us to Chicago around 2pm Central time. You guys ok with that?

Fellas there may be a snag in my plans to leave too early. Might have to go into work for a meeting I can't miss but it's at 8:30 am. I should be home and ready to go by 10:30 but that still gets us to Chicago around 2pm Central time. You guys ok with that?
Works for me. I can sleep in a little. ?

Back