Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

Enjoyed the review, thought it was thorough, well planned, many drives went into it -- impressed you put that much work into a review. Great dedication.

I've hit the GBB 9/KK Black 50 in two quick range sessions, and Wow! Even more impressed the second time. Can you say forgiving, high launching, and long without a lot of effort? Amazing club. I love other clubs, but they are simply not in the GBB's league. Easy adjustments, amazing results. Fantastic stick (sorry for the Trumpisms). Yes, I like it.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing who else picks one up and drops some feedback on THP. Most who have tried it are sharing similar results, so curious who is testing one out soon?

Looking forward to seeing who else picks one up and drops some feedback on THP. Most who have tried it are sharing similar results, so curious who is testing one out soon?

I'll finally get mine out during 36 holes with Kulbick, T0AD and just_hacking on Sunday. We'll all have some thoughts for sure.

I need a uDesign.

Blue.

Wannnnnnnnnnnnt.

Will have mine on the course again Saturday.

I'm heading to the store after a rough day of work. The chance I leave with one of these is at least greater than zero.

Want to give the Speeder and Kuro Kage shafts a go - I'd only tried the head with my current shaft.

Hopefully going to hit one head to head vs my 2014 Bertha this weekend. From there, who knows what happens.

I tested these out at GT today,wow is all I can say. I was hitting the 3 wood so nicely I hardly hit the driver. Was averaging 270 with the 3 wood and a nice high launch as well.
8075e06a492c1218d709a3a7d98c5fc8.jpg
. I am excited to try these again

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Drove an hour and 10 minutes to hit the GBB today with several shafts and came to the conclusion that my driver swing is terrible, or that hitting indoors on a monitor throws me off completely. I couldn't consistenly hit the center of the face, and when I did my numbers were little, if any, better than with my bio cell that I took to compare. I'm hoping being indoors was part of my problem because my numbers looked way worse than the results I've been having on the course lately. I hit a few great shots with the rogue 60 stiff, but hit some others that were pushing 4000 on spin and went no where. It was kind of discouraging since I've never been fit for a driver, and after today still don't know what shaft qualities are better for my swing. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere close to hit it outside.

Drove an hour and 10 minutes to hit the GBB today with several shafts and came to the conclusion that my driver swing is terrible, or that hitting indoors on a monitor throws me off completely. I couldn't consistenly hit the center of the face, and when I did my numbers were little, if any, better than with my bio cell that I took to compare. I'm hoping being indoors was part of my problem because my numbers looked way worse than the results I've been having on the course lately. I hit a few great shots with the rogue 60 stiff, but hit some others that were pushing 4000 on spin and went no where. It was kind of discouraging since I've never been fit for a driver, and after today still don't know what shaft qualities are better for my swing. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere close to hit it outside.

Enter Club Clash...

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?72612-Club-Clash

Could be several issues - calling Dr. Tadashi.

I typically find heel hits w/ 45.5 inches, so I ordered a GBB at 45 in, SW @ D3.
With that much spin, you either POUND the ball and the shaft not a good fit, possibly 70g is needed; or
Setup with higher tee, ball off left toe to obtain a positive angle of attack. Good luck.

It is a sweet stick.

Last edited:
Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Review Thread

I can't wait to hit this club next week. I did the driver fitting on their site as honestly as I could and this was the first suggestion for me

I can't wait to hit this club next week. I did the driver fitting on their site as honestly as I could and this was the first suggestion for me

I hope I get to witness the first time you hit it. It's that good and I want to see your reaction haha

Love the review, well written and informative as always!

Where have you hit it?

I demoed it at golf smith with a couple different shafts. I always hit terribly on simulators like that when trying stuff, and it still got me better #'s than I see on course with my other drivers.

Can anyone provide a comparison between the Rogue I/O 60 and the PX LZ Red 6.0? These two shafts felt the best for me, but for some reason the spin numbers on the PX LZ were crazy high. Rogue I/O 60 was launching at 15* with 2100 rpm's of spin, which is pretty ideal for me.

The one shaft that I wanted to hit in this, but they did not have, was the Matrix White Tie.

I did not get along well with the Kuro Kage or Speeder. I did like the Diamana 70, but the Rogue I/O 60 had better numbers and feel.

Can anyone provide a comparison between the Rogue I/O 60 and the PX LZ Red 6.0? These two shafts felt the best for me, but for some reason the spin numbers on the PX LZ were crazy high. Rogue I/O 60 was launching at 15* with 2100 rpm's of spin, which is pretty ideal for me.

The one shaft that I wanted to hit in this, but they did not have, was the Matrix White Tie.

I did not get along well with the Kuro Kage or Speeder. I did like the Diamana 70, but the Rogue I/O 60 had better numbers and feel.

15* and 2100 is ideal for ANYONE. Buy that NOW.

15* and 2100 is ideal for ANYONE. Buy that NOW.
Ordered it this morning with a pretty neon lamkin utx grip.

We'll see if those numbers translate to the course!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Most of us know this information, but it's a neat video for those that might be new to APW or the Optifit hosel.

GAWD DAMN I hit this well today. Two GPS'd at about 15 yards further than I normally do, and not sure where that came from, but more often than not, it was my preferred ball flight. Love the sound and love how the ball feels like it explodes off the face. Playing mine at 11 degrees and FlightScope says 2895 backspin with 14.9 launch angle. I could dial down the spin if I wanted to, but in FL, where carry is everything, I love what I am seeing here.

GAWD DAMN I hit this well today. Two GPS'd at about 15 yards further than I normally do, and not sure where that came from, but more often than not, it was my preferred ball flight. Love the sound and love how the ball feels like it explodes off the face. Playing mine at 11 degrees and FlightScope says 2895 backspin with 14.9 launch angle. I could dial down the spin if I wanted to, but in FL, where carry is everything, I love what I am seeing here.

I was just thinking about that the other day. Changing the club based on course conditions. In AZ I want low but here in WA I need carry.

I am getting really close to making a signature change with this one. Another solid round with it, minus one OTT swing. I don't say it often, but over the rounds I've had it, there is clearly a distance gain that I am seeing on course.

I am getting really close to making a signature change with this one. Another solid round with it, minus one OTT swing. I don't say it often, but over the rounds I've had it, there is clearly a distance gain that I am seeing on course.

Probably missed it but what attributed to the turn around?

Probably missed it but what attributed to the turn around?
Tempo. It's a little lighter than my previous setup. If I still go at it hard its still a big old miss left with a hook.

Back