What injuries have kept u from playing?

Broke my wrist Memorial day weekend and finally was able to get out and play a round a couple weeks ago... Still a long road ahead to get back to where I was.

Two summers ago, I tweaked my back - had never injured it previously. Had to take about 6 weeks off, before playing again.

Crushed my hand at work in March of 2012 and it honestly took an entire year for me to be able to grip a club properly. These are from a couple hours after at the hospital
0543c1283fc68ce0167d5709d6136e7f.jpg
c22f5c78ffef2b9ab7180380070c25d9.jpg

Developed tennis elbow a few months back. It hasn't stopped me playing, but has certainly affected my game. Last week it came to a head when I couldn't hit the ball. I thought sod this, that's me done with golf. Luckily, I was playing with my father in law who is a dr. Some quick on course physio and he got me through the round. He suggested I get an elbow strap. Today I played for the first time with it, and it made a massive difference. So won't be selling my clubs on eBay just yet.

Lower back pain wouldn't keep me off the course but it would keep me up at night.
This season I think I found the culprit. In rounds where I'd come over the top with my swing it would really hurt after. I have been flaring my back foot out to about a 2:00 position. This allows me to rotate more and swing more inside out and my back pain is pretty much gone now. The setup looks funny but it works and if anything I think I've picked up some distance.

Back in July I went to a water park with the family and was throwing my 55 lb son up in the pool and aggravated my left rotator cuff. Couldn't swing a club for about 2 weeks. Went to the chiropractor for 4-5 treatments and felt much better. Last year I waited to go to the chiropractor for my right rotator cuff and it took about 5 weeks to heal. Getting old sucks lol (39).

Shoulders, elbows, wrist, hips, ankle, big toe...

I fractured my right forearm when I fell on the golf course going down a slope. Since it was a stress fracture, my ortho at the time, also a golfer, just put a brace on it instead of a cast and monitored it every two weeks with x-rays. After 6 weeks I was back to playing.

I also broke my leg right above the right ankle stepping into a poorly maintained drain on a golf course. Again, nothing dispalced so my same orthe just put me in a boot. I was playing with the boot on after two weeks.

Fractured my hook of hamate bone in my right hand on the driving range and it totally broke when I hit my drive a few weeks later. Required surgery and I was out about 5 months.

Had both knees totally replaced due to arthritis, separately, and was out 9-10 weeks each time.

I hadn't realized I had had so many injuries which prevented me from playing for a time, though very lucky a couple oftimes with the broken bones as those could have been worse, until this question was asked!

What injuries have kept u from playing?

The only thing that keeps me from playing from time To time is a tricky neck that I get a pinched nerve or something in and it spasms like crazy for days. Otherwise I play through anything. Been an athlete my entire life and unless I can't walk or stand im playing lol. I've been hit in the face with hockey sticks and broken teeth needing stitches and didn't miss a shift. I'm not missing golf for anything less. But that neck thing I have makes it impossible to move let alone swing a club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidney stone in april kept me out for 4 weeks, most pain I have ever felt!!!!!!!

A few times a year my back will go out and I'll need to take a week off from golf. Earlier this year I had a groin pull which kept me off the course for a week, and for more than a month from swinging normally.

tennis elbow: been through that. not easy at all to deal with. stretching and strengthening those muscles and tendons take forever, but you can get through it. Mine hasn't returned in quite a while

3rd degree shoulder separation in Feb 2014. Should've had it fixed with surgery, but docs didn't want to operate on it. Still gives me problems.

lower back issues as well. Massage 1x/week and stretching it out a lot before I warm up seem to help keep things working better

Broke my pinky on my right hand last year and my index finger this year.

Intercostal strain. Harpooned most of last season. I don't recommend it.

While a balky back will take me out from time to time the only thing that has sidelined me for any length of time was a foot injury where I couldn't put any weight on my left foot for 6 weeks. The only 6 weeks I've taken off in 20+ years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just your normal knee, back, ankle, and wrist (not at the same time, thankfully) have put me on the sidelines for a couple weeks at a time. I missed the 2nd half of 2013 to beat cancer. :glasses-cool:

Back