I think I have asked this before but do you guys take the color off the club first before you paint fill?if so what do you use? And I am going to hobby lobby and getting that fineline applicator

I think I have asked this before but do you guys take the color off the club first before you paint fill?if so what do you use? And I am going to hobby lobby and getting that fineline applicator

Best product I've used is Citristrip but there's no guarantee on whether it'll mess with finishes. Best case, you're doing it on Stainless which is basically impossible to ruin.

Forgive my crop job, its the only pic I have haha but with my wedges and putter the original fill was light enough that I just went right over it. Ive been using paint pens and they work really well. Easy to apply and have lasted a few months so far without much wear.
8ff8ac4720b1364713829f6182430d05.jpg

Those look great!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Forgive my crop job, its the only pic I have haha but with my wedges and putter the original fill was light enough that I just went right over it. Ive been using paint pens and they work really well. Easy to apply and have lasted a few months so far without much wear.
Dayum. What pens?

Ugh I may send my clubs to one of you fine people and pay you to do the paint fill for me. I did it the other night and went to wipe away the excess and all of paint came off, so then I did it again and let it dry a little and then used some nail polish remover to wipe off the excess and all the paint rolled up into little balls. Frustrating to say the least

What do you think?

1727633628399f5612edb206c6d8b2da.jpg

Can I send you a set of mine? Man where do you guys find the time?
Look amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question...

Without going back through the thread how do remove the manufacturer's paint fill?

Sweet! Thanks Dan!

Ugh I may send my clubs to one of you fine people and pay you to do the paint fill for me. I did it the other night and went to wipe away the excess and all of paint came off, so then I did it again and let it dry a little and then used some nail polish remover to wipe off the excess and all the paint rolled up into little balls. Frustrating to say the least
I allow a good time to dry or use a hair dryer. I fold up paper towels into really firm little squares. I can then lay them flat and without pressing hard, I can wipe the paint off the top without the paper towel going into the cracks or grooves where you put the paint. I'm actually pretty sloppy with my fill and lay it on thick and everywhere haha using that method I can easily clean up and have a nice full fill

Edit: should say I use nail polish remover or this cleaner I use to polish my bowling balls lol it works great

My Seemore PTM1 FGP. Picked it up a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to get it out on the green.

had all the matte black stripped off and had a nice satin finish underneath, gonna leave that on it. Did my custom paint fill using the testers enamel.

Changes as follows:
stripped paint off head and all paint fill with acetone - What I did was wet some cotton with the acetone and spread it out enough to cover the areas I wanted to strip, put the cotton on those areas, and wrapped it with aluminum foil to seal it up for about 20 minutes. The old paint fill literally fell off, and mostly intact. Used a tooth pick and sewing needle to finish cleaning out any remnants.

I then used Flitz metal polish on the bottom of the club just to give it a quick polishing, which also helped to remove and ground in dirt.

Wiped it all over with acetone afterwards.

I considered leaving it fully naked as it actually looked really nice. But nope, Had to paint fill it, because I had the paint and I had the idea in my head.

I did the fill as follows:

Fill SeeMore name with black on bottom and on face (was white before)
redo the Fill alignment lines with white add it was originally.
Fill oval with blue on top and bottom (mixed the blue with some white to lighten it a bit (red before)
refill bottom with USA in Red/white/blue and some black and white paint fill on the rest of the letters.

After I filled it and let it dry for about an hour, used the folded up paper towel and some acetone to clean it all up. I wiped lightly and in different directions as to not get the colors to bleed. Had to redo a few things a few times, but overall came out great. What I found works great too for the wiping the excess of the paint fill is gun cleaning cloths. Get a little bit of it lightly wet in acetone, and fold it up and can wipe accurately and close.

I'm happy with how it came out. Wife thinks I'm nuts, but I love it.

seemore1.jpg

seemore2.jpg

seemore3.jpg

seemore4.jpg

seemore5.jpg

Started work on my SC last night, stripped the red from the cherry bombs and weights as well as a little on the sole plate. Paint filled the cherry bombs, lol as well as weights tonight using Tamiya clear blue enamel paint. Once they're dry I'm going to remove the sole plate and paint it. Last but not least and the most difficult part will be stripping the sight line and filling it with a thin, translucent coat of the blue. Hoping it'll look awesome!!!!
Sole plate etc will get done tomorrow night, pics to follow once I'm done.

I have been thinking about this for a long time. I have a Bettinardi BB-33 that could use an update. Might have to stop by the store on the way home and pick up some supplies!

It is fairly easy and fun to boot.

I'm working on fixing up my Method Mod 00 with some new paintfill. I reversed the coloring in the alignment lines because the white seemed to disappear in bright sunlight. So now the center alignment line is black and the other lines are white, I think it looks way better. I'll post some pics up once I finish the whole thing.

What I'm having an issue with is the sides of the putter, where the red is. The side of the putter is obviously curved, so when I fill it in the paint all runs to one side or the other. Would using a hair dryer or heat gun help dry the paint quicker before it ran?

Last edited:
Took a shot using my brother's heat gun and it turned out so/so. Love the look of the sight lines and the volt swoosh. I'll probably go back and redo the sides, not in love with the black, but it'll do for now.
59b68267d44b5a99af4a058b88af24fd.jpg

5326c1987b2ef01b2cd8a8569d083c69.jpg

27e9968ede88aaa268d20df35f1e8707.jpg

Does anyone else get new clubs and immediately think hmm what paint fill would look go on these. Or am I the only 1.

Thank you! I have been doing it for my wedges for about a year now but have not had the guts to do it to my Irons. Interested in finding out how to remove the paint. I have been painting over the current paint and it last about 10 rounds before i have to redo the paint.

Hell, I just scratched my stock paint fill out of my RSi's with a razor knife & xacto knife about 10 minutes ago. It all popped right out. I'll be painting them later today :banana:

Last edited:
Back