I love nights before I travel out of town. My daughter knows I'm leaving, which means a long night. She has trouble sleeping and while it means less sleep for me I get to spend more time cuddling with her. Love this little girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter who is in first grade decided she wanted to run for her student council. She was super excited about the opportunity, but can be a little shy. I was interested to see how she handled "giving a speech" to her classmates. She spent a lot of time writing it with no help from mom and dad (wanted to do it herself), and it paid off. I just got an email that she was chosen. What a proud moment for me. I know its just 1st grade student council but seeing your child work on something and succeed is great.

My daughter who is in first grade decided she wanted to run for her student council. She was super excited about the opportunity, but can be a little shy. I was interested to see how she handled "giving a speech" to her classmates. She spent a lot of time writing it with no help from mom and dad (wanted to do it herself), and it paid off. I just got an email that she was chosen. What a proud moment for me. I know its just 1st grade student council but seeing your child work on something and succeed is great.

Is dad going to help her how to vote?

Hey, would you guys/gals mind if I joined you in here? :drinks:

Just saw this Dan, huge congratulations!!!

Is dad going to help her how to vote?

And a long career in public service/local government is born! ha

Well I'm pretty sure the Lobbyist for the glue stick industry already got to whoever writes the school supply list. 10 jumbo glue sticks from each 1st grader? how would you ever use that many????

And a long career in public service/local government is born! ha

Well I'm pretty sure the Lobbyist for the glue stick industry already got to whoever writes the school supply list. 10 jumbo glue sticks from each 1st grader? how would you ever use that many????

Good thing you have a Costco membership!

My wife and I are welcoming our twin girls into the world this Friday! Looks like i'll be spending more time in this thread and less time browsing through the marketplace :laugh:

My son broke his wrist today, apparently trying to kick a ball and he fell on it wrong. At the ortho now to get a cast. Honestly expected my daughter to bring me here first with her complete lack of fear. Poor kid isn't having much fun.

My wife and I are welcoming our twin girls into the world this Friday! Looks like i'll be spending more time in this thread and less time browsing through the marketplace
Welcome to the club man. Wife and I had twin boys on December 31st... Been a wild 8 months to say the least

Driving Camden to dance practice and Turning Japanese comes on the radio. Inquiring little mind asks what that means. Thankfully we arrived before I had to come up with an answer...

Driving Camden to dance practice and Turning Japanese comes on the radio. Inquiring little mind asks what that means. Thankfully we arrived before I had to come up with an answer...

According to the song writers it simply was a coming of age song and had nothing to do with hairy palm disease.

First day of high school and 4th grade.

I swear it was just yesterday I was bringing her to kindergarten orientation!!!

1d67f728dabcdf1b1473e06bc0d8f255.jpg

Welcome to the club man. Wife and I had twin boys on December 31st... Been a wild 8 months to say the least

Thanks! Appreciate it! Countdown is officially less than two days! So hard to even fathom how different life will be in less than 36 hours. I don't even think I can wrap my brain around it, but we're excited!

Nick got bit again. Teacher called and said Nick was minding his business, playing with a toy and a kid came right up to him from behind and bit him on the shoulder. Teacher said she didn't have any time to respond it happened so unexpectedly ... the kid made a beeline right for Nick and chomped down. 9 days since they expanded the class from 8 to 13 and bitten five times. Not a stellar streak so far.

They obviously won't tell us who the biter is, but if it's the same kid over and over, I hope when Nick does finally bite a kid ... it's this one.

Nick got bit again. Teacher called and said Nick was minding his business, playing with a toy and a kid came right up to him from behind and bit him on the shoulder. Teacher said she didn't have any time to respond it happened so unexpectedly ... the kid made a beeline right for Nick and chomped down. 9 days since they expanded the class from 8 to 13 and bitten five times. Not a stellar streak so far.

They obviously won't tell us who the biter is, but if it's the same kid over and over, I hope when Nick does finally bite a kid ... it's this one.

There was a kid in my sons daycare that ended up being kicked out for biting. He apparently bit 21 times in 20 days or something like that. It was pretty easy to figure out who the biter was once we found out they got kicked out. Nothing they did could get through to this kid and finally he got the boot. But I don't think the kid had much discipline at home. Result of "babies having babies".

It sucks that he has been bit that many times.

That sucks. I do think they should tell you if the kid is a repeat offender, if it is the same kid that bit him before and what they are doing to prevent it in the future.

How do they allow kids to keep biting other kids? This doesn't make sense to me.

How do they allow kids to keep biting other kids? This doesn't make sense to me.
Well, they watch the kids as closely as they can ... but sometimes they're just not close enough to get to the kid before he/she chomps down. In Nick's latest case, she said it happened so suddenly that it took her off-guard. When they can, they step in, but with 13 kids and 3 teachers, you can't be within arms reach of all of them at all times.

That sucks. I do think they should tell you if the kid is a repeat offender, if it is the same kid that bit him before and what they are doing to prevent it in the future.
Yeah, if it occurs again, I'm going to ask. They did slip up and mention "girl" which pares down the guilty list somewhat. They told us to expect bite reports when moving into this class, now that they're all mobile and most have a full set of chompers (Nick only has two bottom teeth), and our friends who send their kids to daycare said they suffered the humiliation of having their kid be the biter (and being bitten as well) ... I guess I just didn't expect him to bat .500 the first two weeks.

My kid was on a biting kick for about a month. Would bite someone almost every other day. He is not a crazy bad kid (22 months) he is normal and biting is normal at this age. They are testing their boundaries. It will pass believe me. Just yesterday about 2 min before I arrived to pick up my little guy from his daycare he got bit from another kid. All I could do was chuckle and say well thats pay back man. Your kid will get bit and he will be the biter. It sucks on both sides and actually worse on the side of having a kid bite another because you feel helpless to stop it.

My kid was on a biting kick for about a month. Would bite someone almost every other day. He is not a crazy bad kid (22 months) he is normal and biting is normal at this age. They are testing their boundaries. It will pass believe me. Just yesterday about 2 min before I arrived to pick up my little guy from his daycare he got bit from another kid. All I could do was chuckle and say well thats pay back man. Your kid will get bit and he will be the biter. It sucks on both sides and actually worse on the side of having a kid bite another because you feel helpless to stop it.
Oh, I know. Mine were biters and bitees, too. But it is also reasonable (I think) for parents to understand that there is/isn't a problem, either with the child or with them and their oversight.

Just got home from a date night with my oldest. Sometimes the 1 on 1 time is the best

09c5ec950716bf8b226adbb0aa33d27c.jpg

Love that you do that Mike. Its something I'm going to make sure to do down the road myself.

I still love that 1 on 1, and my daughter is 21...although we get some crazy looks from time to time.....but Eff'em I ain't got time for.....

My wife has been asking me to do this with my daughter. I need to make it happen.

Love that you do that Mike. Its something I'm going to make sure to do down the road myself.
Absolutely dude its a must. Especially in situations where there is more than 1 monkey at home.
Tougher to do during school but we had a few this summer. Did the same for my middle 1 and i enjoy the crap out of it

Back