Dimples. Ouch!

Let me know if you need to pull my shorts up higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, but OW!

If he is a former friend, you have a few rounds of alcohol coming at his expense; and no, he can't drink. He can only watch.

Wow. I thought the initial thread was going somewhere else.

Ouch is right.

I don't think I would've handled it as calmly as you did, to be honest, friend or not. That's just downright dangerous and STUPID.

Ouch is right.

I don't think I would've handled it as calmly as you did, to be honest, friend or not. That's just downright dangerous and STUPID.

I think for a split second my initial thought was to get angry.
But then I decided screaming was better therapy. Then I saw the 3 jaws dropped around me, and thought I had to suck it up.

The cart girl was incredibly good looking(!!!);
I thought taking it like a man was a much better idea than crying.

I think for a split second my initial thought was to get angry.
But then I decided screaming was better therapy. Then I saw the 3 jaws dropped around me, and thought I had to suck it up.

The cart girl was incredibly good looking(!!!);
I thought taking it like a man was a much better idea than crying.

Only if you had a chance with the cart girl.

I would have taken that 3 wood and snapped it in half.

What a bonehead move. I would have told him how it was and wouldn't be playing with him for a while.

I can honestly say that would be the last round played with said friend.

Well that has to be one of the most idiotic things I've heard in awhile. The most important thing is there were no serious injuries. I really hope he learned a lesson. This could have been so much worse.

Why were you even parked there sheesh! It's bad etiquette to advance in front of players and to get beers while someone is hitting. How rude!

:actup:

Seriously I would have hit the ball back at him!

That has got to sting! In all reality I'm glad that is the worst that happened. I hope you still feel alright in the morning,

On the 10th hole, after we've teed off, the cart girl comes around.

3 of the 4 of us approach her to get a beer.

The 4th duffed his tee shot, and is about 30-40 yards behind us. His ball went right of the cart path (the fairway is left).

As I'm getting my money out of my bag, I'm surprised to see him behind us lining up his shot.

I'm thinking there is no way he'd ever hit while we are right in front of him, but I say 'I hope you're not thinking about hitting'.

If we aren't directly in front of him, at the most he has 10 feet to the left he can hit or he's aiming OB.

10 seconds later, I get hit by a ball in the left hip.

He hit a full swing 3-wood, from 30-40 yards out into 4 people that are more or less directly in front of him. He thought he could put it well over us, and to our left.

It hurt like crazy for 10 seconds, but then no pain at all.

I didn't get mad at him, but told him that was sooo, sooo stupid, and he could have killed someone.

He felt horrible after and spent the rest of the round apologizing over and over.

At first I just kind of laughed about it, but driving home afterwards, it started to really bother me (not the pain). The cart girl was facing him, and her head was no more than 5 feet from my hip. My junk was less than a foot away. Or, if he catches someone in the temple, eye etc...

That could have worked out so incredibly bad. Me getting hit where I did was about the best possible scenario.

It was a bad move (or decision) on his part for sure. But I have to ask and I also see a possible couple things wrong here besides just him.

Firstly. If he duffed his shot then why in the world did everyone else go on ahead in his shot line? Its not like his ball was on the other side of the fairway.
And with all the talk of pace always being on top of discussion and problems, perhaps by inconsiderately leaving this guy behind he felt the need to play for pace reasons in order to stay (or catch up) with you guys who left him 40 yards behind with no regard as to the fact he still needed to play a shot from the very same side that you guys headed to. The correct thing to do (knowing where his ball was and the fact that he was going to have to make a play) and also knowing you were all heading on the very same side (the cart path) would have been imo for everyone to just wave the cart girl up towards you guys and at the place he needed to hit from. Everyone would have been able to buy there goods, no one would have been in front of the shot. And none of this would have ever happened.

I mean, what was the plan? Why would the group leave this guy 40yrds back near the very same road you needed to meet the cart girl on knowing he had to hit from there? Perhaps he felt like crap and/or rushed to hit and also possibly just had a brain fart but whatever Imo and with due respect this is a selfish and poor decision by the 3 of you also.

Last edited:
Why were you even parked there sheesh! It's bad etiquette to advance in front of players and to get beers while someone is hitting. How rude!

:actup:

Seriously I would have hit the ball back at him!

Actually, your sarcastic statement is not wrong. What they should have done (knowing where his ball was) was to wave the cart girl up to them instead of taking off on ahead of this guy leaving him behind while all else was taking place in his line for his shot. It was wrong to do that.

Dang, glad that didn't turn out worse, but hot dam that had to hurt. Really hope your friend doesn't try something stupid like that again! Could have been really bad.

So the incredibly good looking cart girls head was next to your hip? Like as in if it missed your hip it would smacked her in the head?

Sorry just struggling with the visual.

That bruise is brutal, but thank god your hip was strategically placed to protect the hot cart girls head!

#yourwordsnotmine

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So the incredibly good looking cart girls head was next to your hip? Like as in if it missed your hip it would smacked her in the head?

Sorry just struggling with the visual.

That bruise is brutal, but thank god your hip was strategically placed to protect the hot cart girls head!

#yourwordsnotmine

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

She was seated in her golf cart after just finishing the transaction. Seated in the cart, she is now facing the oncoming ball as well.

I'm standing at the front left of the cart, facing her (my left his facing the oncoming ball).
I'm tall. My hip, when I'm standing and she's sitting in the cart is probably about a foot or two below her head, and 2-3 feet lateral.

Her head wouldn't be right next to my hip, but in a close proximity. Her entire torso, head, neck...

Her head was probably actually 5-6 feet away.

Last edited:
The cart girl was facing him, and her head was no more than 5 feet from my hip. My junk was less than a foot away. Or, if he catches someone in the temple, eye etc...

Out of context, this would seem like there's a lot more to the story. I hope she was impressed with your tolerance for pain and gave you a free drink.

~Rock

I don't think I would ever accept an invitation to play with this person again. I'm a newb and know better than to do that.

I can honestly say that would be the last round played with said friend.

Sums it up for me. Drill me once with a stupid shot, shame on you... if I give you another chance, shame on me.

I tend to treat a golf shot like a loaded gun: never point it an anything you care about.

He hit 2 balls off the tee box, both of them mistakes.

He decided to play his first (I think he lost his 2nd one), without telling us.

He also asked us to grab him a beer while he looked for his first ball.

The cart girl parked in the vicinity of the 3 balls on/near the fairway.

I shouldnt have even responded to your post; slow play, poor golf etiquette, etc...you never hit a ball into people.
To suggest there is sometimes some compelling reason to even consider doing so is beyond ignorant. That's the kind of thinking that leads to lifelong regret.

The player was being a jacka55. He was yelling (on purpose) during people's backswing.

He's not not a regular golf partner of mine. I've probably golfed with him a dozen times over the last couple years, but not at all in the last 5-6 months.

I've never seen him like that. I really do wonder if he is on opiate pain med's.

I try and go easy on people when they screw up. He screwed up big time; but he only realized it after the fact.

For whatever reason, I felt really bad for him. I think I've been in a position where I did something, and as soon as I did it, I wish I hadn't done so. I don't know what it was, or even when (not on a golf course)...

no, he should never have hit regardless of anything and I agreed. But now you explained a lot more that makes much more sense to me. I too will always give people benefit of doubt even to a fault sometimes and is why I further questioned the moves you guys made before jumping on the wagon against him. Sounds like he certainly had some sort of brain fart out there. Who knows? But glad things weren't worse for you or anyone else. But things do happen. I have on the extremely rarest occasion (without even realizing till afterwards) am embarrassed to admit perhaps only once or twice in my life but have driven through a red light or a stop sign. I can remember catching myself only to skid the very last second on a couple other occasions too. Just a total darn stupid brain fart or whatever reason. Point is no one is perfect and we make honest mistakes even if they seem like ridiculous ones too easy too be true. I can tell your understanding of such things and did let this go. Its a very high road to take that others would not have taken. I respect you for doing that. He apologized several times and you felt bad for the guy. I am a lot like you in that sense. Just thankfully things were not worse.

The 'I hope you're not thinking about hitting' would have been more of a demand rather than a request from me. He obviously didn't think you were serious. A small white projectile moving towards you at over 100 mph is nothing to mis-communicate about.

I know a few people who have purchased homes on a golf course thinking "no one can hit it bad enough to hit my house". They have all replaced windows.

Back