What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes "Starship Trooper" on you tube at work. RIP Chris Squire

Showing my age I guess!

Jimmy Buffet, Dixie Chicks, Bob Marley

Lately it's been Kamelot, In Flames, and Killswitch Engage.

Being a old Florida Commercial Fisherman, I have listened to him for years and saw him in a bar in the keys in the late 70's

Being a old Florida Commercial Fisherman, I have listened to him for years and saw him in a bar in the keys in the late 70's

Dayuuuuum Jim so you was a shrimp boat captain !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I was a Gill netter in the winter and Shark and Swordfish in the summer. Owned 5 boats at one time. Was not a good career choice, but I had a blast for a while.

Put in almost 20 years then the changes in the laws and having kids pushed me to a more reliable way to earn a buck.

No I was a Gill netter in the winter and Shark and Swordfish in the summer. Owned 5 boats at one time. Was not a good career choice, but I had a blast for a while.

Man I bet you could tell some stories! I'd like to sit down and have a cold one and shoot the bull ?

Won't be long and we will be in Valdosta! Oh and I got stories...

I will tell you about the time a Great White tried to eat my boat.

I've seen him 6 times it's the best party ever. 18-70 all having a freaking blast.

Yep when I saw him he was not real famous yet

Downtown by Maclemore and Ryan Lewis? Wife is listening to it, has an old school sound to it.

There is nothing like Otis Redding.

My gosh.

Make me pick one artist to listen to the rest of my life, he is it.

fdf8ad2bed9d58e1fc75ef68fd1acde4.jpg

There is nothing like Otis Redding.

My gosh.

Make me pick one artist to listen to the rest of my life, he is it.

fdf8ad2bed9d58e1fc75ef68fd1acde4.jpg

Free Me is a fantastic song

Lotte's Otis education continues on the way to her grandparents this morning. Just a little soul on a Saturday.

Lotte's Otis education continues on the way to her grandparents this morning. Just a little soul on a Saturday.

In all seriousness I think this is very important .

My parents raised me listening to all kinds of music ( minus rap and country , they were hippies ) and I'm glad. People would crap if they heard my pandora on random haha

There is actually a kid I work with who couldn't name me one led Zeppelin song.

In all seriousness I think this is very important .

My parents raised me listening to all kinds of music ( minus rap and country , they were hippies ) and I'm glad. People would crap if they heard my pandora on random haha

There is actually a kid I work with who couldn't name me one led Zeppelin song.

Great point. I grew up listening to my parents' music, and sitting on the floor for hours looking at record sleeves. Kids don't get that anymore. I started playing what I consider "good" music for my kids before they were even a year old. Sure they might prefer T Swift or whatever junk is on the radio, but they'll still ask for The Pretenders, Beatles, Springsteen, etc. on occasion and at the very least recognize the bands that helped shape modern music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back